Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #16
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,528

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
I love the phone on the wall. I want one!
And is that a MacBook Air next to it?
__________________
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #17
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
And is that a MacBook Air next to it?
I want it if the Macbook Air has a € button instead of a $ button
__________________
k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #18
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,907
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
i want it if the macbook air has a € button instead of a $ button
aagggghhh!!!!!!
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
aagggghhh!!!!!!
__________________
k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #20
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!
 
JWren1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcayz View Post
All, I have some bad news James and I have to cancel our trip to Italy! Things at my work will be changing right at the time I would be leaving to my trip and I can't leave.
Very sorry to hear this. I will miss seeing you both.

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #21
tardis1029
First trip in'73 and still going strong!
 
tardis1029's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Staten Island NY
Posts: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
I never noticed the phone - I was mesmerized by the giant proscuitto!!!!

I also never noticed the stuff for sale on the shelves to the right.

Who wants to join us for lunch there?
we are there
__________________

tardis1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #22
tardis1029
First trip in'73 and still going strong!
 
tardis1029's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Staten Island NY
Posts: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcayz View Post
All, I have some bad news James and I have to cancel our trip to Italy! Things at my work will be changing right at the time I would be leaving to my trip and I can't leave.
Oh No ! we really feel so bad for you. Hope all turns out OK with work. We will miss you .
__________________

tardis1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #23
Phil Cirrone
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Commack NY
Posts: 340

beautiful pictures
Phil Cirrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #24
Phil Cirrone
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Commack NY
Posts: 340

Beautiful pictures.
Phil Cirrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #25
wdwtheplacetobe
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....
 
wdwtheplacetobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: "Normal" girl (well, my address is, anyway)
Posts: 2,266

Great Pics!

I love your Vase! We get to go in May and the countdown is almost done!!!!

Any advice???



(Did you have the Vase shipped home? And how?)
__________________
Alacrity is my dream come true!!!
Met on the Disboards!
Engaged on the secluded walk in AK by Harambe, Apr 21, 2007
Married 10/10/07 at 10:10am in Disney's Wedding Pavilion!

wdwtheplacetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #26
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,907
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwtheplacetobe View Post
I love your Vase! We get to go in May and the countdown is almost done!!!!

Any advice???



(Did you have the Vase shipped home? And how?)
We went to a shop in Orvieto. It's kitty corner to the Duomo.

Shipping was free is you spent a certain amount of euros. I think it was a minimum of 200.

Meeting the minimum was not an issue.

Edited to add: I did some searching and the name of the shop is Ceramiche Giacomini.

We were first there in 2006 and after looking, the shop keeper told us "you'll be back when you see the same thing in every store" and she was correct. Everything else looked mass produced and the stuff in this store is all hand painted and designed by the family that owns the store.

Their goods are not inexpensive, but we think they are stunning. If you were to visit, you would see that after 3 visits, we have become good customers.
__________________

Last edited by DisneyKevin; 04-17-2013 at 09:49 PM.
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #27
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,907
DISboards Moderator

I would also recommend Trattoria San Lorenzo in Florence.

I think we could probably find some other folks that agree.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #28
wdwtheplacetobe
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....
 
wdwtheplacetobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: "Normal" girl (well, my address is, anyway)
Posts: 2,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
We went to a shop in Orvieto. It's kitty corner to the Duomo.

Shipping was free is you spent a certain amount of euros. I think it was a minimum of 200.

Meeting the minimum was not an issue.

Edited to add: I did some searching and the name of the shop is Ceramiche Giacomini.

We were first there in 2006 and after looking, the shop keeper told us "you'll be back when you see the same thing in every store" and she was correct. Everything else looked mass produced and the stuff in this store is all hand painted and designed by the family that owns the store.

Their goods are not inexpensive, but we think they are stunning. If you were to visit, you would see that after 3 visits, we have become good customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
I would also recommend Trattoria San Lorenzo in Florence.

I think we could probably find some other folks that agree.
Thanks for the info....wrote down both names and will be looking for them!
__________________
Alacrity is my dream come true!!!
Met on the Disboards!
Engaged on the secluded walk in AK by Harambe, Apr 21, 2007
Married 10/10/07 at 10:10am in Disney's Wedding Pavilion!

wdwtheplacetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #29
wdwtheplacetobe
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....
 
wdwtheplacetobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: "Normal" girl (well, my address is, anyway)
Posts: 2,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
We went to a shop in Orvieto. It's kitty corner to the Duomo.

Shipping was free is you spent a certain amount of euros. I think it was a minimum of 200.

Meeting the minimum was not an issue.

Edited to add: I did some searching and the name of the shop is Ceramiche Giacomini.

We were first there in 2006 and after looking, the shop keeper told us "you'll be back when you see the same thing in every store" and she was correct. Everything else looked mass produced and the stuff in this store is all hand painted and designed by the family that owns the store.

Their goods are not inexpensive, but we think they are stunning. If you were to visit, you would see that after 3 visits, we have become good customers.
As soon as I got to Italy, I told our Adventure Guide Dusty about this. He knew exactly where it was and knew "Mama". We bought my vase, 2 small dipping bowls and some small figurines....after lunch we went back and got 2 more larger bowls for dips..They should arrive sometime this week!

My DH is organizing pictures...I will post a few when he is done.

Thanks for the info!!!!

I love the Boards!

Orvieto was my favorite place...not just for the Ceramics, but the view was breathtaking!

Venice was my favorite city.....

__________________
Alacrity is my dream come true!!!
Met on the Disboards!
Engaged on the secluded walk in AK by Harambe, Apr 21, 2007
Married 10/10/07 at 10:10am in Disney's Wedding Pavilion!

wdwtheplacetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #30
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,907
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwtheplacetobe View Post
As soon as I got to Italy, I told our Adventure Guide Dusty about this. He knew exactly where it was and knew "Mama". We bought my vase, 2 small dipping bowls and some small figurines....after lunch we went back and got 2 more larger bowls for dips..They should arrive sometime this week!

My DH is organizing pictures...I will post a few when he is done.

Thanks for the info!!!!

I love the Boards!

Orvieto was my favorite place...not just for the Ceramics, but the view was breathtaking!

Venice was my favorite city.....

Cant wait to see your pottery.

I love Orvietto.

And Venice.

And Florence.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.