Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
mrzrich
DIS Veteran
 
mrzrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,220

DIS ABD Trips in 2012?

Next year is my 40th Birthday and I really want to treat myself to something special. When Pete and John were discussing giving away and ABD trip for the 5th Anniversary, they said the winner could use it on a DIS ABD trip if they so choose.

As far a I know, no DIS Hollywood Backstage trips beyond the one next week have been announced. Right?

<-------------Waiting anxiously for an announcement so I can put in my time off request
__________________
mrzrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,320
DISboards Moderator

You are correct. ABD has not announced it's 2012 schedule yet, so no 2012 DIS ABD's are announced yet, either.

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
mrzrich
DIS Veteran
 
mrzrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,220

Thanks for the explanation.

Just seems a little weird to me that 2012 is 5 months away and people wanting to travel in the first quarter of the year can't make plans yet?

They should release packages quarterly giving people 9 to 12 months to plan KWIM? Coordinating time off can be tough for some of us. Especially when couples BOTH have to coordinate with their job and with their significant other's job too.
__________________
mrzrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances
 
WebmasterJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,713
DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzrich View Post
Thanks for the explanation.

Just seems a little weird to me that 2012 is 5 months away and people wanting to travel in the first quarter of the year can't make plans yet?

They should release packages quarterly giving people 9 to 12 months to plan KWIM? Coordinating time off can be tough for some of us. Especially when couples BOTH have to coordinate with their job and with their significant other's job too.
Kevin and I had this same converstation with the folks at ABD a few weeks ago.

Before going to Hawaii we were invited to meet with ABD and one of the major issues we brough up was the way they release their new itineraries. I get that this is a major undertaking to coordinate (partner hotels, transportation, guides, etc) but after doing it for several years the 'easier' ones like BSM should be planned and released years in advance.

Not only is time off from work a consideration but these are not inexpensive trips. People need time to budget and figure out if/when/how they can afford to go. That takes time and planning.

Kevin, Pete, Walter and I will be at an event here in Orlando at the end of this month hosted by ABD and we are told that we should hear about 201s itineraries then. We hope to get specific dates and not just what the trips will be.

We also put in for several groups in 2012 and we are just waiting to hear if/how many we will get .

As soon as we have any info we will be sure to post it both here and on the ABD board.
__________________

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible
 
*NikkiBell*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 12,189
DISboards Moderator

Speaking of the ABD board, I'm going to scoot this thread over there.
__________________
Nikki
DIS Unplugged Forum Moderator & Blogger

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter






2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
mrzrich
DIS Veteran
 
mrzrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,220

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
Kevin and I had this same converstation with the folks at ABD a few weeks ago.

Before going to Hawaii we were invited to meet with ABD and one of the major issues we brough up was the way they release their new itineraries. I get that this is a major undertaking to coordinate (partner hotels, transportation, guides, etc) but after doing it for several years the 'easier' ones like BSM should be planned and released years in advance.

Not only is time off from work a consideration but these are not inexpensive trips. People need time to budget and figure out if/when/how they can afford to go. That takes time and planning.

Kevin, Pete, Walter and I will be at an event here in Orlando at the end of this month hosted by ABD and we are told that we should hear about 201s itineraries then. We hope to get specific dates and not just what the trips will be.

We also put in for several groups in 2012 and we are just waiting to hear if/how many we will get .

As soon as we have any info we will be sure to post it both here and on the ABD board.

Thanks John.
__________________
mrzrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
SaraMc
DIS Veteran
 
SaraMc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 2,307

Im eagerly awaiting the annoucment.
__________________
SaraMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics
 
paulasillars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,750

dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
Kevin and I had this same converstation with the folks at ABD a few weeks ago.

Before going to Hawaii we were invited to meet with ABD and one of the major issues we brough up was the way they release their new itineraries. I get that this is a major undertaking to coordinate (partner hotels, transportation, guides, etc) but after doing it for several years the 'easier' ones like BSM should be planned and released years in advance.

Not only is time off from work a consideration but these are not inexpensive trips. People need time to budget and figure out if/when/how they can afford to go. That takes time and planning.
I also tend to starting planning my trips 12-18 months out - I have to in order to get my flights for a reasonable price and on the dates I want and be able to budget for not just the trip but a long haul airfare - there aren't that many to choose from and if I don't want to remortgage the house, I need as much notice as possible to snag a good airfare deal when it pops up.

I would love to do the London/Paris trip in October next year but its been announced too late for us. We already decided some month ago to do PCC4.0 and have saved our DVC points for using around that trip - so no London/Paris for me next year.

2013, maybe... but do I go plan on "maybe" doing a ABD trip or starting working towards something that is a definite go ahead that I can tentatively book now? Thinking Turkey and Jordan (and more specifically Petra).

ABD are crazy not having this organised already for next year.
__________________
Paula in Aotearoa - New Zealand - Middle Earth



paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
HollyMac71
Sucks to have a dull life!
 
HollyMac71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tampa Bay Area of Florida
Posts: 534

I'm eagerly awaiting the next ABD Backstage Magic trip. I'm hoping it will be in the spring 2012. I keep checking my email for news from Kevin.

If anyone is traveling single I will be also.
HollyMac71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #10
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2
 
TinkerChelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: DeKalb, Illinois
Posts: 1,249

I'm waiting for the Dis ABD Backstage Magic announcement, too! In fact I have one week until the deadline for my 2012 vacation request. So, I may just have to request a week here and a week there.....and keep my fingers crossed? I'm very blessed to have such a problem, aren't I? If it doesn't work out I'll try for 2013!
TinkerChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
Miss SD
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerChelle View Post
I'm waiting for the Dis ABD Backstage Magic announcement, too! In fact I have one week until the deadline for my 2012 vacation request. So, I may just have to request a week here and a week there.....and keep my fingers crossed? I'm very blessed to have such a problem, aren't I? If it doesn't work out I'll try for 2013!
Date has been announced for a July 29-Aug. 3 DIS Unplugged Backstage Magic. (My daughter and I have already booked.) Good luck with your vacation request!
Miss SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #12
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2
 
TinkerChelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: DeKalb, Illinois
Posts: 1,249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss SD View Post
Date has been announced for a July 29-Aug. 3 DIS Unplugged Backstage Magic. (My daughter and I have already booked.) Good luck with your vacation request!
Thanks!
TinkerChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #13
doreleta821
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 38

Till now, no 2012 DIS ABD's are announced yet? I'm waiting for the Dis ABD Backstage Magic announcement![img]http://***********************/fsadmin/images/6.gif[/img]
doreleta821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #14
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreleta821 View Post
Till now, no 2012 DIS ABD's are announced yet? I'm waiting for the Dis ABD Backstage Magic announcement![img]http://***********************/fsadmin/images/6.gif[/img]
The DIS Backstage Magic was announced a couple of weeks ago. It is on 7/29...and is already sold out. I think they are taking names for the waitlist. There is a sticky at the top of this sub-forum.
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.