Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Cool GAME: If you could design your own WDW/DL restaurant...

If you could design your own restaurant at either WDW or DL, where would it be? What theme would it have? What would be its signature dish?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

I would have a Toy Story restaurant and put it in DLR. DLR is sadly lacking in fun themed places. I hear about fun sounding places at WDW like Prime Time and Sci-Fi. We have Blue Bayou which is wonderful to sit in but the food quality hasn't kept up with the prices.

Anyway, I'd take out Goofy's Sky School in DCA and stick it there. That's still a very uninspired ride anyway. It could look like you are walking into Barbie's dream house. The tables and chairs would look like plastic toy dollhouse furniture. There would be some fake plastic food stuck to the middle of each table. Pictures of placemats and silverware would be stuck on the table. Oh, and plastic flowers around too.

There would even be a fake tv with a picture glued on it and the wall paper would have pictures of shelves on it just like in a child's dollhouse. If you looked out a window you would see a giant bedroom scene as if you were in a child's bedroom. Of course it would be a character meal. The servers would dress like Barbie and Ken dolls- some sort of outfit that looked like a doll's even if they didn't all look like Barbie and Ken. Everyone would get a small plastic Toy Story figurine with their meal. They would be in sealed plastic bags and it would be a mystery which one each person got.

Not sure what kind of food would be served but it better be good. Probably American but don't know what.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
baby1disney
DIS Veteran

I think I would have something of a tropical or Egyptian restaurant. The tropical restaurant would make you feel like you're on a beach somewhere and there's nothing but carribean music playing in the background. Then at night..I would turn it into a nightclub of some sort. Some of the dishes would include a carribean style Mac and cheese served with a jerk salad, a mango infused steak served with bacon green beans with sauteed onions and peppers and a fruit salad, a mango ice cream served over a rum cake. Oh man I would have too much fun with this!!!

All the tables would be like patio furniture that you would see pool side. I would even have a swim up bar/eating area for people that would want to sit in the water to eat. Or maybe have some tables out on the beach where the water would run over your feet as you eat. It's a lot of dreams that I could do and make them come true!!! Wow and all of those mentioned dishes above I wrote..I totally came up with on my own!! Maybe I'll try and make that someday
OKWw/DF and DS and inlaws--October 2007
AKV w/DH, DS and inlaws--March 2009
SSR w/Inlaws--October 2010
baby1disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
cslittle999
DIS Veteran

I haven't thought a great deal about the theming but I've always thought that the counter service restaurant in the America pavilion in Epcot should be made over into a BBQ restaurant that featured the different styles of BBQ from across the US. It would be heaven.

CBR November 2003
WL December 2005
First Trip Home - BWV August 2007
MNSSHP - VWL October 2008
BWV/AKV Kidani August 2009
BWV November 2009 - 20th Wedding Anniversary
BWV/HHI August 2011
BWV August 2013, BCV October 2013
BWV August 2014
cslittle999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
Loves2Read
Earning My Ears

Nikki, what is that divine looking dish in your post? I want six of them.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
ssuriano
DLR Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
I would have a Toy Story restaurant and put it in DLR. DLR is sadly lacking in fun themed places. I hear about fun sounding places at WDW like Prime Time and Sci-Fi. We have Blue Bayou which is wonderful to sit in but the food quality hasn't kept up with the prices.

Anyway, I'd take out Goofy's Sky School in DCA and stick it there. That's still a very uninspired ride anyway. It could look like you are walking into Barbie's dream house. The tables and chairs would look like plastic toy dollhouse furniture. There would be some fake plastic food stuck to the middle of each table. Pictures of placemats and silverware would be stuck on the table. Oh, and plastic flowers around too.

There would even be a fake tv with a picture glued on it and the wall paper would have pictures of shelves on it just like in a child's dollhouse. If you looked out a window you would see a giant bedroom scene as if you were in a child's bedroom. Of course it would be a character meal. The servers would dress like Barbie and Ken dolls- some sort of outfit that looked like a doll's even if they didn't all look like Barbie and Ken. Everyone would get a small plastic Toy Story figurine with their meal. They would be in sealed plastic bags and it would be a mystery which one each person got.

Not sure what kind of food would be served but it better be good. Probably American but don't know what.
I totally agree with you! The one time I went to WDW I ate at several themed restaurants and loved them all. DL doesn't have nearly as many as I would like to see.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #7
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

I just remembered- there is an empty place just wasted in Adventureland at DL. It used to be a Hawiian themed restaurant, then it was some sort middle east place with magic lamps on all the tables. Now they closed it off and just use the door way as a meet and greet for Jasime and Aladdin. Such a waste. I wish they would use that space again.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
Cap.Steamboat Willie
Mouseketeer

Spain

True Spanish Cuisine and a lengthy Tapas Menu

Signature Dish: Paella (of course)
Cap.Steamboat Willie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneyland, food, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: