Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #16
dlhvac
THE BEAST

NEVER DID H&V BUT MAMA MELROSE AND FANTASMIC PACKAGE IS WORTH IT

dlhvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #17
laine&connorsmom
Mouseketeer

My friend and her family eat at H&V every trip---they love it?? We decided to try it, even though I had read of the bad reviews, seriously one of the worst meals I have had! I have no idea how our friends do it---2x a year for years and years.

My fav in HS is 50's PTC!! So much fun, usually a lunch for us. Generally we take the boat to Epcot for dinner on HS days. MM, although I haven't been in a few years, would be my pick for a Fantasmic Pkg.
Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Poly, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Art of Animation...Cars, All Star Sports, All Star Movies and Pop Century Me DH DS DDDCDC:
laine&connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #18
BouncyTiggerMom
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post
Have a great trip! Here's my answers. Be sure to check out my dining review (link below) from 2010.

1. I had dinner in 2008... Although that's 3 years ago, the reviews don't look any different. It was bad then. I've had better food at the lowest of the budget buffets that I won't go to anymore (think Golden Corral, Country Buffet... but worse). Lunch was no better, but at least the characters were a LOT of fun. Breakfast was decent. Go for breakfast and enjoy the characters... Your children are the perfect age for dancing with the characters at Hollywood and Vine. And the food was decent. For lunch and dinner, Sci Fi Diner and 50s Prime Time are much better choices. For the fantasmic package, we like Brown Derby.

2. DS 1st went to Fantasmic at age 4 (just turned 4). He liked it very much. At age 3, I think he would have been amazed.... At 1 1/2, not sure. I've heard of some kids getting scared. You could always sit in the back (top) row if you needed to step out for a bit or leave. I liked Fantasmic a lot. Awesome show. Must do. So go for you, buy the kids some popcorn or something...

3. Don't know about Boma. But I've heard it's about the same as Tusker House. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at Boma unless I was staying at AK Lodge or wanted to check it out for a future possible resort stay.
DisneyFamily123,

Thanks so much for all of your help! I read your dining reviews and I think you did an amazing job! You even convinced us to change one of our restaurant picks after reading the reviews and seeing the photos. My husband saw the photos of the food at Biergarten (we never thought we would eat there again -we ate there on our honeymoon in 1997 and don't recall having much of anything there we liked) and was all like... OOOOhhhh.... where's that??!! So that led to us looking up the menu and deciding to ditch one of our previous picks and put Biergarten in instead. It looks really yummy. Hubby and I were both shocked that we feel that way. We can't decide of our tastes have really changed that much over the years or if it is the menu that is different. Whatever the reason, we a really looking forward to giving it a try.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #19
aleshad01
Mouseketeer

We ate at Hollywood and Vine on our trip back in 2008 and it was ok. The main reason we decided to eat there was for the kids.

All Star Movies - July 2005
Pop Century - Sept. 2008
Pop Century - Sept. 2011
aleshad01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boma, buffet, dinner, fantasmic, hollywood and vine

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: