Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
YoAdrianB
Earning My Ears

Smile Christmas at WDW - Can I order marketing materials?

Hi all -

My wife and I are trying to convince her grandmother to visit WDW Thanksgiving week for the Christmas events. She's stubborn, doesn't travel much, and refuses to acknowledge technology. But she's always wanted to see a Disney park decorated for the holidays and we know if we can show her photos, descriptions, etc. - she can be convinced.

There are wonderful resources all over the web and on the official Disney site, but as I mentioned - we probably couldn't get her to sit with us at a computer and look at everything. So...

Does anybody here know of marketing literature, magazines, books, etc which feature WDW holiday events that we might be able to order via mail? Either from a travel agency or Disney themselves? We'll still show her all the amazing photos, videos, etc online but I know having physical materials sitting on her coffee table will be more convincing.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Adrian
YoAdrianB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Samantha Brown's Disney Holiday special on the Travel Channel is probably the best thing. But I don't know when they start showing that.

You might try the on-demand portion of your cable service? (Assuming she would watch a TV show.)

I don't personally know of any books.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Start here on the DIS boards and do a search for photos during the holidays also check out you tube - here is a great sample of the lighting of the castle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3YQ6TViems

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrianB View Post
Hi all -

My wife and I are trying to convince her grandmother to visit WDW Thanksgiving week for the Christmas events. She's stubborn, doesn't travel much, and refuses to acknowledge technology. But she's always wanted to see a Disney park decorated for the holidays and we know if we can show her photos, descriptions, etc. - she can be convinced.

There are wonderful resources all over the web and on the official Disney site, but as I mentioned - we probably couldn't get her to sit with us at a computer and look at everything. So...

Does anybody here know of marketing literature, magazines, books, etc which feature WDW holiday events that we might be able to order via mail? Either from a travel agency or Disney themselves? We'll still show her all the amazing photos, videos, etc online but I know having physical materials sitting on her coffee table will be more convincing.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Adrian
Here are the 3 parts of HGTV's "Behind the Magic" Christmas special that they air every year. It gets me in the mood every time I see it. So much so, that I have it permanently DVR'd.

I hope they help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdv0OgMLjoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF99-...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPbu5...eature=related

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
YoAdrianB
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Re: Christmas at WDW

Awesome info guys - thanks! In case anyone's interested, the Samantha Brown episode is also available for download on iTunes.

I think we can have some success getting her to watch the shows so that'll be our best bet. Wish us luck and hopefully we'll see our first WDW Christmas in a couple of months!
YoAdrianB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas, grandma, thanksgiving, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: