Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #16
vickxo
DIS Veteran

i'm honestly in LOVE with the idea of having a reception at the garden grill because it allows you to have the disney characters without paying all the cost that a disney fairy tale wedding would charge.
i'm actually curious about something though - i know the swan decorates for the holidays but does anyone know if they decorate the garden grove? like christmas lights from the big tree? That'd be pretty neat and a nice touch.
93': WDW Dixie Landing; 95': WDW Dixie Landing; 97': WDW Corando Springs; 99': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01':Disney Wonder Cruise - FL/Bahama; 03': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 05': WDW Yacht Club; 07': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 10': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Bahama; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Canada; 13': WDW Boardwalk Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge
vickxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #17
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
Your wedding plans look great! I LOVE Jellyrolls! I go there all of the time since I'm a CM and we ended my bachelorette party night there. I've seen several brides there before and I always wanted to go in my wedding dress after my wedding, but since my reception didn't end til 1:30am, I couldn't. You will have a blast there!
Thanks so much! I'm so glad to hear good things about Jellyrolls!

And, I'm so jealous you're a CM! Where do you work??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairy1684 View Post
Jellyrolls is AWESOME! I used to go there all of the time when I was a CM in the College Program. We plan on going back on our upcoming trip!!!
Yes! Another good review!

How did you like the CP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickxo View Post
i'm honestly in LOVE with the idea of having a reception at the garden grill because it allows you to have the disney characters without paying all the cost that a disney fairy tale wedding would charge.
i'm actually curious about something though - i know the swan decorates for the holidays but does anyone know if they decorate the garden grove? like christmas lights from the big tree? That'd be pretty neat and a nice touch.
We are so happy that the Garden Grove has character dining-- it works out so well!

I'd love to know about the Christmas decorations too! I'm really hoping Crescent Terrace has some lights around the area but I didn't even think that the Garden Grove could have something up-- that'd be great!

Max and I are going to the World sometime this December and we will go take a look!
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #18
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Hi Faith--- just joining in! I -love- your story, and all your plans--- and if I weren't having a disney wedding, I would TOTALLY be having a zoo wedding! (I saw it on Four Weddings a few weeks ago and I loved it.)

And I've never been to Garden Grove... but it looks LOVELY OMG!!!!!! Now I want to go! I can't wait to read more and see your DRESS!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #19
belle2211
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=MrsDuck;42527734]Thanks so much! I'm so glad to hear good things about Jellyrolls!

I work seasonally at The Great Movie Ride
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:49 AM   #20
gertiesquidge
Mouseketeer

The Garden Grove looks lovely in the photos, and it would be even more magical if they put up Christmas Decorations, fingers crossed that they do.

I've never even heard of it before, and have just had a quick look to see if it would suit our party for after our VR (the characters would definitely suit our little two!!) but the timings wouldn't work as I really really want to go on a Wishes Cruise.

Perhaps we'll schedule our look around the S&D to coincide with a character meal there instead

Gertiesquidge
gertiesquidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #21
J.ThaddeusToad
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm getting married at Crescent Terrace as well! We're having a dinner reception at Il Mulino. Garden Grove looks so pretty! I too want to have our celebration continue at Jellyrolls. I've never been, but I've heard great things! Can't wait to read more!

Me DH

J.ThaddeusToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #22
paigeturner
Earning My Ears

First of all, I love your venues...the Garden Grove looks wonderful! Secondly, JELLYROLLS IS AMAZING! I think that when I go to Disney I honestly spend 75% of my nights there! Plus, two of my friends work there (one is a pianist, and another works the door/server) and I love love love it! It'll be a great place to continue the celebration!
paigeturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #23
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Hi Faith--- just joining in! I -love- your story, and all your plans--- and if I weren't having a disney wedding, I would TOTALLY be having a zoo wedding! (I saw it on Four Weddings a few weeks ago and I loved it.)

And I've never been to Garden Grove... but it looks LOVELY OMG!!!!!! Now I want to go! I can't wait to read more and see your DRESS!
The zoo is a great venue!! But, I can't lie: Disney is so much more magical!

You definitely need to go to Garden Grove on your next trip! It's rarely busy, the food is good, and the character interaction is great!!

Thanks for following along! Dress pictures coming soon!

[QUOTE=belle2211;42537075]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Thanks so much! I'm so glad to hear good things about Jellyrolls!

I work seasonally at The Great Movie Ride
So cool!! What a fun job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertiesquidge View Post
The Garden Grove looks lovely in the photos, and it would be even more magical if they put up Christmas Decorations, fingers crossed that they do.

I've never even heard of it before, and have just had a quick look to see if it would suit our party for after our VR (the characters would definitely suit our little two!!) but the timings wouldn't work as I really really want to go on a Wishes Cruise.

Perhaps we'll schedule our look around the S&D to coincide with a character meal there instead

Gertiesquidge
Definitely look into the Garden Grove for some event! The character dining makes it so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.ThaddeusToad View Post
Hi! I'm getting married at Crescent Terrace as well! We're having a dinner reception at Il Mulino. Garden Grove looks so pretty! I too want to have our celebration continue at Jellyrolls. I've never been, but I've heard great things! Can't wait to read more!
Woohoo for another Crescent Terrace wedding!

I've never been to Il Mulino! We will have to go check it out. The Swan's location is absolutely perfect-- we can take pictures on the Boardwalk, get married, eat, and then head back over to Jellyrolls and dance!

Can't wait to read more of your plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigeturner View Post
First of all, I love your venues...the Garden Grove looks wonderful! Secondly, JELLYROLLS IS AMAZING! I think that when I go to Disney I honestly spend 75% of my nights there! Plus, two of my friends work there (one is a pianist, and another works the door/server) and I love love love it! It'll be a great place to continue the celebration!
Thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear that Jellyrolls is awesome!! I can't wait to go for myself!!!

Thanks everyone for reading! Expect an update very soon!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #24
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

THE DRESS!! And, other Wedding Attire!

Happy Thursday everyone!!

I don't know about you all but I cannot wait for the weekend. Even though I had Monday off, this week is seriously dragging!

Today's subject: the dress hunt!!

I went to 4 bridal shops before I found "the one" and I had so much fun! I only took my mom with me to look as I knew that if I brought more people, I'd never been able to choose a dress with all the opinions that'd be floating around.

I made sure to drink plenty of water, bring snacks, and only make one appointment per day! I read horror stories about girls and their dress experiences and I was determined to not have a bad time!

Towards the end, all of the dresses kind of became one sparkly, white, fluffy blur.. but one dress really stood out in particular!!

Here are some of the dresses I tried on:

I loved this one on the hanger... not so much on me!! :

This was my favorite dress for awhile-- I loved the stripes!:

I flat out hated this one on! :

She became the new favorite:

This one was a little "too much":

I loved the sparkles on the bodice but thought the rest made me look like a mummy!:

Finally.. here she is!!! It's an Essence of Australia dress and I love it! It should be coming in any day now!

I just love how different my dress is. I love the layers, and that it's chiffon (I didn't want a heavy, satin dress in Florida!)

I plan on getting a tiara, but no veil. Any ideas on where I should start looking for a tiara?

I bought my shoes! They are Steve Madden and so sparkly!! I LOVE sparkles!:

And last but not least, Max plans on wearing a grey suit with a black tie and possibly a pair of black Converse shoes!

WHEW! That was a picture heavy post! Sorry about that!

In other news, Karen from Just Marry! emailed me that she is booking Rev. Tim Herring for our ceremony! I've heard great things about him!

I guess that's it for today! Thanks for reading along!

Up Next: Floral Inspiration!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 09-08-2011 at 04:53 PM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #25
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Yay for the gorgeous dress and yay for Rev Tim!!!! He really is the sweetest of men!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #26
jlocmac
DIS Veteran

Hi Faith!! Just joining in on your planning!! Everything looks great so far. I love all of your ideas. Your ceremony site is beautiful!!!

I really love your dress too!! It's so different from all of the other dresses I've seen.

Happy planning!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #27
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

subscribing

The zoo looked brilliant.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #28
vickxo
DIS Veteran

wonderful dresses! so glad you had a good dress experience it's so easy to get overwhelmed and frustrated. I know when I go I only want my mom there when I try on and pick out my dress because she has enough of an opinion for 6 people
93': WDW Dixie Landing; 95': WDW Dixie Landing; 97': WDW Corando Springs; 99': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01':Disney Wonder Cruise - FL/Bahama; 03': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 05': WDW Yacht Club; 07': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 10': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Bahama; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Canada; 13': WDW Boardwalk Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge
vickxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #29
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Oh sweetie, I LOVE your dress! It is gorgeous and it is so, SO flattering on you! I love that it's different, but not something you'll regret in 10 years.

I got my tiara at Alfred Angelo. You could look at David's Bridal too? Or you know, you could get one of those dress up ones at the disney store...

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #30
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Yay for the gorgeous dress and yay for Rev Tim!!!! He really is the sweetest of men!!
We are so excited about Rev. Tim! Not only does he seem nice but he looks a perfect, Disney officiant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocmac View Post
Hi Faith!! Just joining in on your planning!! Everything looks great so far. I love all of your ideas. Your ceremony site is beautiful!!!

I really love your dress too!! It's so different from all of the other dresses I've seen.

Happy planning!!!
Thank you so much!!

I love my dress because it is a little different than most dresses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
subscribing

The zoo looked brilliant.
Hi Chilly! The zoo was great! Like I said before though, it doesn't hold a candle to WDW though!!

I read through your wedding TR! Looks like you had a wonderful day and a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickxo View Post
wonderful dresses! so glad you had a good dress experience it's so easy to get overwhelmed and frustrated. I know when I go I only want my mom there when I try on and pick out my dress because she has enough of an opinion for 6 people
My mom is the same way!! She is usually right but she never holds back her opinion! It's good and bad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Oh sweetie, I LOVE your dress! It is gorgeous and it is so, SO flattering on you! I love that it's different, but not something you'll regret in 10 years.

I got my tiara at Alfred Angelo. You could look at David's Bridal too? Or you know, you could get one of those dress up ones at the disney store...
Thank you so much!!

That was my goal: get something fun and different but nothing that will scare me when I look back!

I will try Alfred's and David's for the tiara! Thanks for the tip.. and Ooh, girl! I could totally rock a the dress up tiara if someone would let me!! Plus, it's in the budget!!

Thanks for reading along everyone!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: