Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > United We Stand
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #16
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Fuddruckers offers a 10% military discount.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #17
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Enabler View Post
Lowes offers the 10% military discount (with ID) everyday of the year all you have to do is ask for it. The only advertise it on Memorial Day and Veterans day. but it is still avail.

I can vouch for this also.

Our local Apple store gives a discount too. I can't remember if it is 10 or 15%. Some NY & Co Stores have military discounts.

Always ask!

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000 (Wonder/Bahamas), 2008 (Magic/W. Caribbean), 2011 (Dream/Bahamas), 2013 (Magic/EB Transatlantic), 2014 (Dream/Mexico)... and now May 2015 (Dream/Bahamas)!

Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #18
drgsjh
Mouseketeer

Chicago is a great place for military discounts. We went last summer so I'll try to remember what they all were. I think the only thing my DH paid full price for was the one time we rode the city bus. He was free for the Aquarium and Hancock Building. The WHOLE family was free to the Children's Museum. He was either free or discounted on the water taxi. We didn't know until it was too late that there is a USO on Navy Pier where you can get discounted tickets for the Navy Pier rides.

The CiCi's Pizza in Wilmington, NC used to give us a discount - not sure if all do.

Papa Murphy's in Junction City, Kansas also used to give a discount but the one in Bozeman, Montana wouldn't so it must be up to the store.

The Kansas specific store at The Legends in Kansas City, Kansas gave a discount.

I ask most places when we travel. Worst they can say is no.
drgsjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #19
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewz1 View Post
I can vouch for this also.

Our local Apple store gives a discount too. I can't remember if it is 10 or 15%.
Yes, The Apple Store gives military (Ret. & AD) discounts, but they have always been about 5% for us in Northern VA. They offer the same discount online, but you have to go through www.military.com first, and then the discount is automatically applied once you click-on the "Apple Store" icon.

Old Country Buffets give 10% off to the entire party.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #20
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Here is a military.com link to 700+ companies who offer discounts to active/ret. military:

http://shock.military.com/DC/DealIndex.jsp
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #21
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camamile View Post
We called Ripley's aquarium yesterday to see what exactly the discount was. The aquarium wass $3.99, but you can buy a combined pass for all the Ripley's attractions for $10 per person!! All adults must show military ID. This has greatly reduced the expenses for our upcoming vacation, whew!

Anyone know of any other attractions in Gatlinburg with a military discount? Ober Gatlinburg tram, go karts, Reagan Terrace fun park?
Not Gatlinburg but Pigeon Forge.... Dollywood gives a good discount to active duty as well as retirees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafania View Post
Anyone who is military can get a FREE day pass for them and family at SeaWorld.
LOVE IT
This does not include retirees.

The end of June we got a really good deal at the Courtyard by Marriot in Downtown Chattanooga. A $149. room was $87.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #22
Megkel
Mouseketeer

If you go to the main office of Tanger Outlets with your mil id you can recieve a coupon booklet good all year.

ToysRus gives a 10% discount - I have never used it however a friend of mine said it worked for her

IHOP gives a discount although I can't remember how much.

Patriots Point in Charleston SC is free for Active duty in uniform. Dependants recieve a discount although I can't remember how much

Universal is also giving away free 2 day tickets for military members

Last edited by Megkel; 07-23-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Megkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #23
brittanyroach29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4christp1 View Post
I have a detailed list, if anyone would like it just PM me.

We are going in 2 weeks and I have a list of at least 12 different attractions that we can do for under $150.00 total for a family of 4.
Hey I was wondering if you could send me the list of attractions for military that you have. We are going on vacation to gatlinburg/pigeon forge, tn next week. Thanks so much, Brittany
brittanyroach29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #24
live4christp1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyroach29 View Post
Hey I was wondering if you could send me the list of attractions for military that you have. We are going on vacation to gatlinburg/pigeon forge, tn next week. Thanks so much, Brittany
Hey! Your best deals will be with the Ripley's attractions, they are really good to the military....the aquarium was only $12 for our family of 4 and a regular price ticket is more than that. The Ripley's attractions also offer an all inclusive pass for $17 or $18 that gives you admission to the aquarium, both of their mini golf courses (one in PF/one in Gat), the Believe it or Not Museum, Guiness World Records, Mirror Maze, Haunted Adventure and it seems like there is something else.....I think it's 8 attractions in all so that's a super deal if you have the time for them.

Dollywood gives a pretty good discount, just google Dollywood military discount for info.

Most of the other attractions will give you $1 or $2 off. It never hurts to ask!
live4christp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #25
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

The Ripley's museums in San Antonio had great discounts as well. My SIL paid over $150 for her family of 5 to get a "combo pack" that included three different Ripley's "attractions" (belive it or not, wax, and another one I can't remember). Our family of 4 paid just $32 total for the same combo pack with our military discount.

The riverwalk cruises offered a discount, we got into Sea World for free, as well as discounts on food, locker rental, and purchases inside SW, we got a discount on tubing, the Almao IMAX film gave us a discount. That's all I can remember for now, but we got discounts at pretty much every place we went in San Antonio, including our hotel and most of our meals.

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
tinkerbellybutton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #26
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

This isn't so much a discount but a really good freebie. If you have an ako account under self help there are library ebooks and audio books for free.

Also military one source gives free books out. It used to be 10 per year but now it's no limit, first come first serve. Some are nonfiction and there are also fiction and audio books. Most are paperback. It is free to sign up and then it's under the recreation tab on the home page. They mail them to you.

Always ask for a discount, some places don't always do them but will do it as a one time thing if you ask and others it varies by location or local manager.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #27
sheffieldsavenue7683
Colors Of A Broken Butterfly

Veteran included?!

hey there I just got married to a Veteran, and will be having our honeymoon in Gatlinburg just after Christmas.. I was wondering if these Military discounts in Gatlinburg qualify for him?! .. would love to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe and go to the Aquarium etc... is there anything for Vetarans.. would love to know!
sheffieldsavenue7683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #28
sheffieldsavenue7683
Colors Of A Broken Butterfly

can veterans be included in this?!
sheffieldsavenue7683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #29
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

As long as the Veteran has a Military ID card, they can get the discounts.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #30
HeatherFeather
The apostrophe just completes me

Gatorland will give free admission to military member and 20% off up to 6 other tickets, I think. It says you have to get your free ticket voucher from ITT office but when I went to Gatorland and showed my ID for the discount figuring the 20% off was better than nothing, they just gave me my ticket free and I am actually not even the AD member, but the spouse. DH was not with us.

Also, the Michael's craft store in Sumter, SC will give 25% off entire purchase EVERY day to military of dependents. I think other Michael's stores do this on a certain day of the week but Sumter, SC really loves and appreciates their military folks.

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: