Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #16
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

I watched it last night in 2D.

I loved it!! The storyline moved quickly, and it was full of action (some parts made my heart beat a little faster!). It seems that a lot of people loved Toothless. I thought he was pretty cute, but I actually liked Hiccup (main character) more......

There was a moment in the movie that made me cry, but not so much in the moment where most might expect? Or maybe it is. But I won't give any spoilers.

Such a great movie.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #17
hughbie
Herbie says "Beep! Beep!"

What do Disney movie fans think of How To Train Your Dragon?

Great question. I loved How To Train Your Dragon movie. I think it has great animation and characters. Good for them. I believe movies like this keep Disney and other studios on their toes. It pushes the quality and creative level so other studios will make better animated movies.
hughbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #18
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Very close 2nd to Toy Story 3 in our house! Watched it several times! We all LOVE it!!!!!

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #19
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

I have every Pixar movie on DVD and/or Blu-ray. How to Train Your Dragon is the first (and so far, the only) Dreamworks animated film I will buy on Blu-ray. Very well done. As a previous poster noted, the movie was done by Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois, the team who also made Lilo & Stitch, which is a favorite of mine. That was enough to get me to take my five-year-old son to see How to Train Your Dragon.

Scott
Old 06-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #20
dedicated2disney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTwinsMom View Post
I know this is a Disney movie board, but I'm curious what other Disney fans think of the new competition.

We just saw Dreamworks How to Train Your Dragon and I thought it was fantastic! The 3D is unbelievable and the story is heartwarming.

As a bonus we got to see a 3D trailer for Toy Story 3. Can't wait for that one this summer. The Barbie/Ken storyline looks hilarious! Ken tells Barbie he likes her leg warmers and Barbie tells Ken she likes his ascot
I have the DVD and I love this film, very entertaining indeed!
dedicated2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #21
mousterpiece
Mouseketeer

This one's kind of grown on me. HBO has been airing it nonstop over the past few months, and while the story's pretty standard, the animation and music are the best I've seen from DreamWorks. I'll never be able to get over my biggest nitpick (if the Vikings in the movie are, for some reason, Scottish, why are all of the kids American?), but this is probably my favorite DreamWorks animated film.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #22
samantha89
Earning My Ears

I am a cartoon fan in general, Disney especially.

Having said that, I loved the How to train your dragon movie. It has nice animation, nice sound, standard storyline one would expect, and most importantly - it is engaging to watch!

Last edited by samantha89; 05-08-2012 at 05:08 AM.
samantha89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #23
zippitydoo
DIS Veteran

We love this movie, especially watching it on Blu-ray. The animation is just incredible

2014 Book Challenge
Completed 60 of 75:
A Shade of Blood, A Castle of Sand, Takedown Twenty, Louisiana Longshot, Dirty Little Secrets, The One You Love, The One You Fear, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, A Shadow of Light, Hollow City, Room, The Barkeep, A Blaze of Sun, I Think I Love You, Broken, Body Movers, A Gate of Night, Trudge, Soldier On, In Harm’s Way, A Pound of Flesh, Taboo, Hide and Seek, Daddy’s Home, Weddings Can Be Murder, The Undead Heart, Moving Day, Monument 14, Sky on Fire, Savage Drift, NOS4A2, Her Last Breath, One Lavender Ribbon, Innocent in Las Vegas, Saving Grace, To Kill For, Awakening, City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, City of Heavenly Fire, A Break of Day, The Gray and Guilty Sea, Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes, The Profiler, Too Close To Home, Hushabye, The Girl Who Never Came Back, Fatal Debt, Deadly Bonds, Kill The Competition, Got Your Number
zippitydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:27 AM   #24
gillcrist32
Earning My Ears

I have seen How to Train Your Dragon movie its really an amazing animated comedy movie with some adventures. Its really complete package of entertainment.
gillcrist32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #25
satorifound
They told me to keep coming back and I did!

I didn't like this movie at all. I found it sad that the little boy had to save his village to get his father to say that he loved him. *sigh* Yeah, it was all happy in the end, but that father should have loved him at the beginning whether he was different or not. That bothered me the whole time I was watching that movie, and after. LOL

Sacha, mommy to four wonderful children and wife to one awesome husband.
DL Disneyland Hotel 1980(ish), DL Disneyland Hotel 1987, DW (as an employee) 1989, DL La Quinta Inn January 2006, DL Park Place Inn March 2008, DW Fort Wilderness Cabins Nov. 2009, DL President's Day 2011, DW CSR Sept. '11, coming up... The Polynesian September 2012!
satorifound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #26
Chernadan
Earning My Ears

Its a brilliant movie. I'm a lifelong Dis-movie fan and always will be but I have no issue enjoying a movie from another studio. Quality is quality no matter where it comes from and How to Train Your Dragon is brilliant.
LBVVillas '82, CR '85, Poly '86, Grosvenor '90, GF '92, GF '94, DixieLandings '96, BWV '98, VWL '00, OKW '01, CBR '02, DCL '03, BWV '03, SSR '04, SSR '05, AKV '06, BWV '07, VWL '08, Y&BC '09, DCL '10, BWV '10

Me DW

Chernadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #27
TexasEric
Earning My Ears

I think HTTYD was one of the best animated movies I have seen. It was a very engaging story and I love to watch it.

I would agree with previous posters that this will hopefully keep Disney its toes. Some of the movies they have been putting out over the past few years have been real garbage.
TexasEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #28
lovelybelle
Let us smile and laugh-rica

I thought the score was absolutely gorgeous.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #29
mousterpiece
Mouseketeer

The score really is quite good, the more I think about it. Hearing it all the time on HBO has made me appreciate it more; it's up there with the scores for some of the Pixar movies from the last decade.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: