Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #271
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

EoS in London??? Might have to have a trip to the big smoke!

I was disappointed to miss out on the DLRP one earlier this year!

Looking forward to hearing about the Star Wars weekend!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #272
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Great reviews, as always!

I was in London over the weekend and I visited EoS.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2011, 03:01 AM   #273
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay on going to EoS again!

Didn't know that Eos was opening in London - will have to look into that
I think I am going to have to pay EOS London a visit and report back

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Love EOS. We were going to try the London one when we were there at the beginning of the month but it closed at 4 in the afternoon
Oh don't you just love London, it's a realy 24 hour city isn't it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
EoS in London??? Might have to have a trip to the big smoke!

I was disappointed to miss out on the DLRP one earlier this year!

Looking forward to hearing about the Star Wars weekend!
I was just thinking about another Jan/Feb trip to DLRP and EOS would certainly be my first stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
Great reviews, as always!

I was in London over the weekend and I visited EoS.
Oooh, tell us more
Was it yummy
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:14 AM   #274
Linda67

Starring Rolls

Friday 27th May 2011

We were up bright and early and after an extremely healthy breakfast of bread pudding and coffee we headed towards Hollywood Studios for our first experience of Star Wars Weekends

We arrived before Rope Drop and enjoyed the show

Even though we had been lucky enough to enjoy the soft opening of Star Tours the previous week we still made it our first stop

We walked straight on and it was fun to ride it again with such big Star Wars fans

Next up it was off to the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Tower Of Terror and after we had riden them both and picked up Fast Passes for later it was decided that we needed to replenish our sugar levels with a visit to Starring Rolls Cafe

No sharing this time, it was nearly time to fly home and we were prepared to pay for ‘Excess Baggage’

I was dead set on ordering the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cup Cake that I had spotted the previous week but I just couldn’t resist this when I saw it

Darth Vader Cup Cake

This was basically a chocolate and peanut butter cup cake with the Dark Lord balanced on top (what’s not to love?)

If this is what you get for lunch on the Death Star, I’m off to join the Dark Side

It was, as is everything I have ever eaten here, yum, yum, yummy

I enjoyed a good cup of coffee with it (you get proper coffee in SR) and I was a very happy lady

I think DH was still sulking about sharing our last Butternut Finger Cup Cake so this time he had it all to himself

Yep, he finished the whole thing – that’s my boy

Coming Up Next ………….. Our Final Night ; Artist Point
Old 06-30-2011, 04:56 AM   #275
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Morning Linda!

No! Not the final night!! I don't want it to end!

I LOVE your speech bubbles! I'm so with you on the peanut butter/choc/Darth Vader love - snacks just don't get any better! Let's skip off to the dark side together.

Looking forward to Artist Point!
Old 06-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #276
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I detest peanut butter but that cupcake looked really good.

Can't believe this is nearly over
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #277
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Lol at getting a cupcake each! Having seen that Darth Vader cupcake before I love it and would definitely also join the dark side for such a treat!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #278
Linda67

Quote:
Morning Linda!

No! Not the final night!! I don't want it to end!

I LOVE your speech bubbles! I'm so with you on the peanut butter/choc/Darth Vader love - snacks just don't get any better! Let's skip off to the dark side together.

Looking forward to Artist Point!
Morning Shari, coming right up with the Artist Point Review

Quote:
I detest peanut butter but that cupcake looked really good.

Can't believe this is nearly over
I can't believe you don't love peanut butter, I thought we had so much in common

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Lol at getting a cupcake each! Having seen that Darth Vader cupcake before I love it and would definitely also join the dark side for such a treat!
Even though the Darth Vader Cupcake was great; I can't wait to try the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake when I return in October
Old 07-01-2011, 03:10 AM   #279
Linda67

Territory Lounge & Artist Point

Friday 27th May 2011 Continued

After a very enjoyable day at Hollywood Studios we headed back to the Wilderness Lodge to spend our final afternoon by the pool and pack our cases for tomorrows flight home

So that we weren’t rushing around too much on our last night I had made an ADR at Artist Point so that we could enjoy our final night at this wonderful resort

After swimming, lounging and enjoying some time in the hot tub; we showered and changed before heading to The Territory Lounge for a pre-dinner drink

All that swimming had made us hungry and our ADR wasn’t for a little while so we decided to share a flatbread with our drinks

No surprises that DH ordered a coke and following a quick look through the Cocktail menu I chose this:

Territory Lounge Mojito

It was a lovely refreshing drink and I really enjoyed it, it wasn't too sweet which sometimes puts me off Mojitos

Territory Lounge – BLT Flatbread

This was obviously meant to come with bacon served on top but we asked if we could have it without as there aren’t too many non-meat options on the menu

We both loved this flatbread and it was just the right size to share with our drinks

There seemed to be quite a storm brewing outside so we decided to take a walk around the resort and down to the beach for one last time before it the rain hit

We both loved The Wilderness Lodge and it is such a beautiful and relaxing resort to walk around, especially in the evening

Before long it was time to go and check in at Artist Point

Yet again we were delighted to be taken to a wonderful window table which gave us the most incredible view of the electrical storm that had now begun

Soon our server arrived to take our drink orders and talk us through the menu options

DH stuck with water and I had chose a glass of wine from the very impressive wine list; 14 Hands Chardonnay, Washington

I don't usually choose Chardonnay but this was the recommended pairing for my appetiser and it was excellent

Next up we were brought a basket of warm sourdough which DH made a start on right away; I don’t actually remember trying this as I wanted to save my appetite

Bread Service

We were both really hungry this evening as we had skipped lunch following our pig-out on Starring Rolls Café Cupcakes and the flatbread had only made us realise how hungry we were so we decided to both have an appetiser

DH chose this:

Spring Pea Risotto with crispy Snake River Farms Pork Belly,Radish Salad, and Goat Cheese Crisp

He thought this was OK but didn’t love it

It was a shame because he said that the Pork was very good but that the risotto was far too salty and that spoiled the overall taste of the dish

I however had a much more suscessful appetiser:

Smokey Portobello Soup with Roasted Shiitakes and Chive Oil

This was a wonderful soup , I had explained to our server that I didn’t eat meat and I had thought that I had read somewhere that this soup had bacon in it

She double checked for me and it turns out that the soup is made with vegetable stock and what looks to be bacon on the surface of the soup are actually sautéed shiitake mushrooms

I dread to think how much cream was in this little bowl of heaven but it was worth every calorie

Our dinner was nicely paced at Artist Point and we never felt rushed; I hate it if your entrees arrive the second you finish your appetiser but no such problems here

First up DHs choice

Char-grilled Beef Tenderloin with Marble Potatoes, Spring Beans,Pearl Onions, and Green Peppercorn Butter

Again a wonderful dish and great cut of meat but spoilt by too much salt in the vegetable preperation

We don’t tend to add much salt to our cooking at home so it may just be our palate and others wouldn’t find the dish too salty but I would think it’s better to have the option to add more salt at the table

The meat was really good and tender according to DH and he did eat most of this dish

I knew what I was going to order before I arrived:

Cedar Plank-roasted Wild Columbia River King Salmon with Asparagus, Petit Zucchini and Baby Carrots

You are presented with the salmon still on the Cedar Plank at table side before the fish is plated alongside your vegetables

This was a truly delicious piece of Salmon, cooked to perfection

It was delicate, fresh and full of flavour and the cooking process preserves the moisture of the fish perfectly

The salmon is usually served with a bacon-egg vinaigrette so our server suggested I switch this for a citrus dressing.

The dressing was served on the side but the fish was so good I didn’t want to add anything too it

My only problem with this dish was the vegetables, they were perfectly cooked but again far too salty in my opinion so I left most of them

The storm had now passed and we spent a while chatting before decided on what to order for dessert

Having enjoyed the wonderful Peach and Strawberry Cobbler at Whispering Canyon Café the previous week I decided to give the AP version a go

Artist Point Cobbler . . . Seasonal Berries and House-made Black Raspberry Ice Cream

This was a great choice, if not a little heavy after such a big meal but it was sooo good I had to finish it all

The star of the dish was the Black Raspberry Ice Cream

DH chose another fruity pud

Baked Peach Upside-Down Cake with Sweet & Sour Caramel Sauce and Roasted Peach Ice Cream

Well he cleaned his plate so I think it’s safe to say he enjoyed it

We both had a wonderful evening at AP and even thought there were a few elements of the meal that were not to our taste, overall I would give this restaurant high marks and would love to visit again one day

Our server was a delight and really helped to make the evening extra special, she even delivered a pile of Mickey Straws to our table when she had overheard me saying I wish I had one in my drink!

We settled our bill and headed back to our room to do the last few bits of packing and enjoy a final Hot Chocolate on our balcony

Coming Up Next …………. My Final Waffle, Waffle

Last edited by Linda67; 07-01-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:29 AM   #280
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Glad to see that your meal at Artist Point had some high points. AP is currently my favorite signature restaurant, and I've tried all of those dishes. Loved the risotto (didn't have a salt issue, but mine had a good amount of pepper), the salmon was incredible (and I far preferred it to the beef), the soup is always delicious (glad to hear it's completely vegetarian!), and the berry cobbler is wonderful (much better than the previous incarnation). Wasn't a big fan of that peach dessert (something about the sourness of the sauce was really odd to me), so I'm glad DH liked it more than I did.

I know quite a few people love Artist Point, but others see it as "just okay." I'm just happy your meal was better than okay, if not perfect all the way through. I'm looking forward to trying Jiko again (haven't been there since March) - everything about your experience there sounded amazing.

I've loved your reviews, and can't wait for the next round!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #281
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Artist Point is a firm family favourite with us - we all love it!

I've heard so many good things about the mushroom soup - I'm not really a 'soup person' but do you still think I would like it?

I don't want it to end!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #283
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

AP was our absolute favorite meal last trip! Maybe of all our Disney trips. Cannot wait to go back in August!

Thank you so much for all the great reviews! Very sad that your report is coming to an end!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #284
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I might not love peanut butter but I do love Mojitos

Great review of Artist Point - another restaurant which I'm sure DH and I will probably get round to trying on one of our adult-only trips (fingers crossed for next August )

That black-raspberry ice-cream sounds delicious - I love raspberry-flavoured stuff
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #285
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Glad to see that your meal at Artist Point had some high points. AP is currently my favorite signature restaurant, and I've tried all of those dishes. Loved the risotto (didn't have a salt issue, but mine had a good amount of pepper), the salmon was incredible (and I far preferred it to the beef), the soup is always delicious (glad to hear it's completely vegetarian!), and the berry cobbler is wonderful (much better than the previous incarnation). Wasn't a big fan of that peach dessert (something about the sourness of the sauce was really odd to me), so I'm glad DH liked it more than I did.

I know quite a few people love Artist Point, but others see it as "just okay." I'm just happy your meal was better than okay, if not perfect all the way through. I'm looking forward to trying Jiko again (haven't been there since March) - everything about your experience there sounded amazing.

I've loved your reviews, and can't wait for the next round!
Thanks for reading along, just a couple more quick reviews to do and then I can start dreaming about the October trip

Quote:
Artist Point is a firm family favourite with us - we all love it!

I've heard so many good things about the mushroom soup - I'm not really a 'soup person' but do you still think I would like it?

I don't want it to end!
I think the setting of Artist Point makes a real difference, you just feel so relaxed in there and the service was wonderful

I love soup but DH isn't so keen and rarely orders it, he tried a little of the Mushroom soup and wasn't as wowed as me so you would probably be better trying something else

Have you ever tried the soups at Boma? they are delicious

Just a couple more quick reviews to go now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
You have me so excited for our AP reservation this fall..we have never been, its one of the last signatures to try (V&A will be the last after this) and I will remember to tell them easy on the salt
Hi Nicki
I would imagine Artist Point in the fall would be just about perfect
If you like to have a drink before dinner you could enjoy your appetisers in the Territory Lounge. Wilderness Lodge is just a lovely resort to relax and spend a while in

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
AP was our absolute favorite meal last trip! Maybe of all our Disney trips. Cannot wait to go back in August!

Thank you so much for all the great reviews! Very sad that your report is coming to an end!
Thanks for joining in
Hope your meal is just as wonderful in August

Quote:
I might not love peanut butter but I do love Mojitos
I knew there was a reason I liked you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: