Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #196
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Next time I go to Yachtsman, I definitely want to get the cod or filet! They both look so good.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #197
DisneyMamato4
Disney Obsessed!

Great review of The Yatchsman! We actually had ADRs for that on our trip but had to cancel them and now I am so bummed that we did. I'll definitely have to add that on again for our next trip!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #199
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you had Oscar!! He's been our favorite server for 2 years and we'll continue to wait to sit in his section. I even took my mom there in March, and I wasn't sure he'd remember me with out my other half... but he did and promptly asked where he was! He's always a joy!! \

Glad you had a great time!!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #200
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

LOVED the look of Yachtsman!

Your Hubby's starter looked amazing!

We have never been there either - might have to look into it.....
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #201
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Your meal at Yachtsmen looked wonderful from start to finish.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #202
disneydreaminA115
Long time lurker - coming out to play!

Just caught up on your review - I love it! You've made me all the more eager to take a Disney cruise for my first, and now I'm considering trying to snag a Yachtsman reservation.... eep! Can't wait to read more from you!

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

Grand Floridian Dec 2012 - The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! **In Progress**
POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!
disneydreaminA115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #203
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Breakfast At Crystal Palace & Lunch At Typhoon Lagoon

Tuesday May 24th 2011

Some mornings the sound of an alarm clock ringing is a truly awful sound and on Tuesday the 24th of May when the bell sounded at 6am I dearly wanted to switch it off and roll back over

I had to remind myself that I didn’t have to get out of bed, jump in the car and spend the next hour and a half stuck in London traffic; I was is Disney World and my early morning call was for a breakfast date with Pooh

Even so it was with bleary eyes and weary feet that we stumbled out of the Wilderness Lodge and headed toward the boat dock

The sun was only just coming up and if there was ever any doubt in our minds that it wasn’t worth the early morning wake-up call then look at the view that greeted us at the boat dock

Sunrise At Wilderness Lodge

Shortly followed by this;

Main Street, Magic Kingdom, 7.40am

I skipped up Main Street like a giddy school girl and after snapping many, many photos we headed over to Crystal Palace to check in

Crystal Palace

Our ADR was for 8.05am and we were one of the first groups to be called forward

Soon after we were seated our server appeared with a very welcome jug of coffee and asked us if we would like some juice or other drinks

He also explained the route that the characters would take around the tables so that we would know when we had time to head to the buffet

After a quick caffeine fix we headed over to fill our plates

My First Plate

Everything was really very good, the fruit was very fresh, and I really had a craving for some cereal this morning so I really enjoyed this but the absolute winner was ‘Pooh’s Breakfast Casserole’ it was kind of like a Peach Cobbler and was a totally delicious and very indulgent breakfast dish; I may have gone back for more

For some reason I can’t seem to find a photo of DH breakfast
I think I may have been face down in a plate full of Pooh’s Breakfast Casserole when he returned from the buffet but I did note down what he ate

He had some scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and for some strange reason a hard boiled egg

He commented that everything was great apart from the bacon which was the same 'pretend' bacon that he had (not) enjoyed at Wilderness Lodge

Whilst we were waiting for more of the characters we had time to head back to the buffet again

My second plate – Puffed French Toast and Chocolate Mickey Waffle

I hadn’t tried a chocolate Mickey Waffle before so was curious to see what I thought, it was OK but not particularly full of chocolate flavour and I much prefer the regular Mickey Waffles.

The Puffed French Toast was good, it was basically a sugar donut and there is nothing wrong with that

You may notice a lack of protein on my two plates but hey, carbs are an essential requirement of any self-respecting commando theme park tourist

Here is DH's second plate

Puffed French Toast, Pancakes and Pooh’s Breakfast Casserole

DH was also a big fan of the Breakfast Casserole and really enjoyed his second plate carb-fest

The star of the show popped by to say ‘Hello’

We settled our bill and headed out just in time for rope drop and worked our way around the attractions whilst the crowds were still light

We decided to leave Magic Kingdom just before lunchtime but couldn’t resist picking up one of these on our way past Sleepy Hollow Refreshments

Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich

We shared this between us and it was delicious!

A great use of a snack credit and more than enough for two to share, the cookies were fresh and the vanilla ice cream was wonderful

That afternoon we decided to head to Typhoon Lagoon and in between floating around the lazy river we grabbed some lunch from Typhoon Tillys

No photos of our late lunch as I didn’t take my camera to the Water Park with me

I picked up a Tuna Sandwich with Chips; not as good as the WL sandwich but I still thought it was pretty good for a quick snack at a Water Park

DH chose the Fish Basket with fries; he was really impressed with the fish, the batter was lovely and light and was very fresh

Neither of us wanted dessert so declined to order one rather than take something only to throw it away

It was a beautiful day and the sun was blazing so it was the perfect time to slap on the sunscreen and enjoy the water; we really enjoyed our time at TL but soon it was time to gather our belongings and head on out as we had an exciting night ahead

Coming Up Next ………….. Yee Ha! – It’s The Hoop Dee Doo Review

Last edited by Linda67; 06-22-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:42 AM   #204
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDaleRule View Post
Oscar was our server too last year. We still talk about him now. He made our two children feel right at ease in such a fancy restaurant.
When we got home i emailed the B/YC and told them what a delight he was,and how he made our meal extra special. I do hope hes still there next year
Isn't it wonderful that so many people have commented on Oscar - what a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Wow, your meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse looks fabulous! My family really needs to try this place. My Dad loves Filet Mignon, and your DH's looks absolutely perfect!
DH raved about the Filet, and the red wine sauce was wonderful according to him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Yachtsman looks great. I am like Karin, have booked and cancelled several times on previous trips. No chance of going this trip as I feel it would be wasted on the kiddos so will have to wait and see if I can persuade DH to do another adult only trip next summer - and, if we do, we are DEFINITELY GOING TO YACHTSMAN!!!!
Good thinking Joh!
It would be perfect for an adult only trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Next time I go to Yachtsman, I definitely want to get the cod or filet! They both look so good.
I can highly recommend both

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMamato4 View Post
Great review of The Yatchsman! We actually had ADRs for that on our trip but had to cancel them and now I am so bummed that we did. I'll definitely have to add that on again for our next trip!
That's the problem with ADRs, we are always booking then cancelling because we need to fit something else in

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Wow, Yachtsman looks great! What a wonderful meal. Thanks for sharing!
It sure was

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I'm so glad you had Oscar!! He's been our favorite server for 2 years and we'll continue to wait to sit in his section. I even took my mom there in March, and I wasn't sure he'd remember me with out my other half... but he did and promptly asked where he was! He's always a joy!!

Glad you had a great time!!
If we go back to YS we would 100% ask for Oscar again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
LOVED the look of Yachtsman!

Your Hubby's starter looked amazing!

We have never been there either - might have to look into it.....
So many restaurants, so little time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Your meal at Yachtsmen looked wonderful from start to finish.
It really was a wonderful meal and a lovely evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaminA115 View Post
Just caught up on your review - I love it! You've made me all the more eager to take a Disney cruise for my first, and now I'm considering trying to snag a Yachtsman reservation.... eep! Can't wait to read more from you!
Thanks for reading, there is still plenty more to come
Old 06-22-2011, 05:18 AM   #205
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

We have an 8:05 ADR for CP too! I am so excited about it now! Staying at WL also love your pic of the SunRise from the dock. I was wondering if the boat ran early enough to take it for our breakfast ADR, now I know

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:49 AM   #206
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
We have an 8:05 ADR for CP too! I am so excited about it now! Staying at WL also love your pic of the SunRise from the dock. I was wondering if the boat ran early enough to take it for our breakfast ADR, now I know
Wow, you are doing the same trip
The boat to the Magic Kingdom only starts running one hour prior to park opening, so in our case it didn't start running until 8am as the park opened at 9am and we had an 8.05am ADR
The boat to the Contemporary starts running way before the MK boat.
It starts at around 6.30am so we hopped on that and then walked to MK from there (only a 5 min walk)
We left WL at around 6.45 and were standing outside MK at 7.10am
The CMs start letting you into MK at around 7.40am so we probably didn't need to get there as early as we did but it did mean we were first into the park
Old 06-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #207
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

We love CP breakfast. The puffed french toast is my favourite. I was so excited to see chocolate Mickey waffles there last time but I did NOT like them at all. To me they tasted burnt and not very chocolatey

That picture from the boat dock is fantastic, so beautiful. Some of my very favourite holiday pictures were ones we took at the Wilderness Lodge.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #208
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Love the little speech bubble that your Mickey waffle has!

And that breakfast cobbler does sound really delicious. The picture of the sunrise is absolutely stunning!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #209
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great review of Yachtsman Steakhouse!

Can't wait to eat at CP and try the Puffed French Toast! Btw love the sunrise photo of WL
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #210
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Yummmm... I absolutely love going to the Crystal Palace for breakfast. I also tend to load up on the carbs when I go there, they are just too delicious to pass up! My family normally goes here every trip, but we decided to switch it up and try 1900 Park Fare next time.

Oh, and I love your photo of an empty Main Street! It sure pays to get there early.
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: