Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #166
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Really interested to hear about the Wishes Dessert Party - my parents in law are going in August.

I get the feeling some people might be peeved of having their view blocked by people standing at the railings! There have obviously been some complaints!

I know it's off topic but did you go back to the same room after your cruise? I don't know how these things work - if you just leave your Disney room empty whilst you cruise or if you have 2 separate bookings?

Can't wait for more!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #167
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMoguls View Post
Really enjoying your reviews! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for reading along, I'm pleased you are enjoying them

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Another great review! I love it when the Magic Kingdom is open until 3am. It is so much fun to walk around a nearly empty park and hit all your favorite attractions. I would love to try the Wishes Dessert Party sometime. I love Wishes and I love dessert, so that means I would definitely love the Wishes Dessert Party, right?
It was really cool walking through the park at 2am
I think we can safely say that you would love the Wishes Dessert Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Those desserts look soooo good! I really, really want to do to that dessert party, but at least according to the website you can only make a reservation for like the next month. I'm hoping they add September soon...
I remember that when we made our ADR the booking window opened about 2 or 3 months ahead of time, I'm not sure why you can't book at 180 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Can't believe I have only just spotted these reviews Linda. Thanks for the cruise food reviews. The Dream sounds wonderful. I am really excited for our 7-night Eastern this October but have been constantly second-guessing our decision to do East instead of West so can't wait to hear what you think of the Western. And I always have the Route 66 breakfast on our last morning - it helps to lessen the sadness of having to get off the ship.

The Fireworks Dessert party looks great. I agree, those strawberries are HUGE!
Hey Joh, great to have you reading along
I couldn't decide between the Eastern or Western so DH made the final decision, gotta let him have control at some point in his life huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Really interested to hear about the Wishes Dessert Party - my parents in law are going in August.

I get the feeling some people might be peeved of having their view blocked by people standing at the railings! There have obviously been some complaints!

I know it's off topic but did you go back to the same room after your cruise? I don't know how these things work - if you just leave your Disney room empty whilst you cruise or if you have 2 separate bookings?

Can't wait for more!
Morning Shari
We actually kept our room for the full two weeks and just let the front desk know that we wouldn't be using it for three days.
It was a good way of doing it as we could leave most of our stuff in our room and just pack for three days
The downside of course is that you are paying for a room you aren't using but we had free dining for the whole trip which we would have lost if we had split the stay and we got a free room upgrade when we arrived so it all worked out great
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #168
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

A Day At Wilderness Lodge

Monday May 23rd 2011

Today we were very excited as we had been selected to be the ‘Flag Family’ at Wilderness Lodge

We met Ranger Jack in the lobby at 8.15am after a much needed coffee following our late night

Let me just say that the views from the roof of Wilderness Lodge are spectacular, you can see Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, Tower Of Terror and The Tree Of Life as part of a wonderful 360 degree view

It was an honour to raise the five flags and something we will never ever forget

Sorry I am waffling ……………….. Which brings me nicely onto (insert drum roll here)

Strawberry And Orange Whipped Cream Waffles

Have you ever seen a prettier breakfast?

DH talked me into splitting these Argh , I kept jabbing him in the hand with my fork they were sooooo good

I asked for the bacon to be plated separately so that it didn’t go near MY, YES MY waffles but DH didn’t pay the bacon much attention and instead dived into the truly wonderful plate of Mickey head delights

Strawberries 10 out of 10, Orange infused Whipped Cream 10 out of 10

Can you tell I liked this?

Anyway, I had a date with a horse at Fort Wilderness, hey ya gotta take what you can get to my age , so we hired out a couple of bikes from the rental hut and cycled over to the Tri Circle Ranch ……….. See; I am working off those calories!

After a very enjoyable trek we jumped back on our bikes (yeah great idea to get onto a bike after an hour in the saddle ) and headed back to Roaring Forks for lunch

Cheese Flatbread & Side Salad

We both had the same lunch so only one photo

Yet again we were mighty impressed with the quality of food here. It was hot fresh and prepared to order and we both really enjoyed our lunch

Ooh and we shared one of these again

Magic Cookie Bar …………. Mmmmmmm

The afternoon was spent lounging by the pool and I may have had one or two of these

Grand Margarita

DH tells me that it is socially unacceptable in today's socitey to fill a 4GB Memory Card with photos of Cocktails so I will probably leave it at that for today

Coming Up Next – Dinner At Yachtsman Steakhouse
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:39 AM   #169
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

That was our favorite waffle too! The orange whipped cream was so delicious. And I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Yachtsman, we just had dinner there tonight for the first time in years.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:34 AM   #170
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Yum, waffles

I love the flatbreads at Roaring Fork - they are really delicious and make a change from normal CS pizza.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:34 AM   #171
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

I'm craving waffly goodness right now!

WL is looking like a really good place to stay - a different waffle plate every morning!

Only one cocktail? You are slipping!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:17 AM   #172
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Those waffles do look fantastic - I never would have agreed to share!!

I think it's totally fine to fill the card with pictures of drinks. And waffles. And desserts. Hey, those are some of the best parts of vacation!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #173
passthepixiedust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Those desserts look soooo good! I really, really want to do to that dessert party, but at least according to the website you can only make a reservation for like the next month. I'm hoping they add September soon...
For some reason, you can make them via telephone before you can online. I finally gave up and called them myself for our reservations on August 31st.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #174
phabric
DIS Veteran

We have not done the dessert party before.

Do you see better than standing somewhere else?

We have dinner reservations for Aug 22 at 5:50pm at Tony's, would we make it by 8pm for a 9 show?
phabric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #175
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

I just love all of your reviews! Are you doing a trip report, too, by any chance?
I was excited to read about the dessert party as we are doing this one in August. Now I have to check and see if it's on an EMH night. A day to swim and nap at the hotel and a night of sweets and an almost-empty MK sound wonderful!

Thank you for taking the time to post!!!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Caribbean Beach/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club for my 40th Birthday!

scanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:53 AM   #176
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hi Linda,

I am back - sorry for the lack of posts, but my computer didn't want to cooperate too much and on top of that I had lots of exams to look through.

Now on to the food!

The dessert party is fun, isn't it .... and we have always found plenty of sweets - looks like you did too!

Plus it looks like we will have to stop by WL one day to try some of those waffles ........ yum, yum, yum!

Love the flatbread at RF too, can't wait for Yachtsman and find out what we are missing AGAIN! I cancelled it AGAIN!!!!!!!!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #177
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to book the Wishes Dessert Party for our trip - your pics had me drooling!

The waffles at WL also look very yummy!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #178
Overexcited
DIS Veteran

Great reviews!! Just got caught up
2010 POP plus multiple childhood trips

2013 CBR
2015 ???? Where to stay next?
Overexcited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #179
DisneyMamato4
Disney Obsessed!

Ok those waffles look fabulous! We are staying at WL on our next visit and I have a feeling I will be eating quite a few of those. Thanks for the reviews!
Old 06-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #180
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I remember that when we made our ADR the booking window opened about 2 or 3 months ahead of time, I'm not sure why you can't book at 180 days
Yeah, that's what I've heard. I'm only concerned because looking at the website, they haven't even opened reservations for August yet... so if you were going the first week in August, that's only a little more than a month away and they still haven't put it up! I can't imagine they would stop doing it though, so I'll just have to keep stalking the website!

And those waffles sound sooo good. I'm actually not really much of a waffle person, but with the strawberries and orange that is something I would probably enjoy!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: