Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #31
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in, that drink looked delicious!
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #32
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Count me in too! Oh, and I loved your "When Harry Met Sally" reference. I too got to experience for the first time the La Cava avocado margarita on my trip last month. I now have a new favorite Disney World margarita...DELICIOUS!
thanks for reading along. I am thinking of changing my ticker to ....'XX days until my next Avocado Margarita'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I have to try that waffle....the last time we stayed at WL was 2 years ago and they didnt have it. I think a drive over is necessary
Those waffles are certainly worth the worth the drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Yum, yum .........

Waffles? A waffle menu ........ hm, maybe we should stay at WL again!
Now, your breakfast looks delish - and I can say the drink WAS delish, as Tom had it in February and I got a sip!
Good choice!

Can't wait to read about your Tangerine Experience, since ours was pretty yuck last time.
Stay tuned Karin, coming right up. I am going to catch up with your reviews today as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerella View Post
Wow, hold the phone (or computer in this case): waffle menu? 4 different kinds?

We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for our trip this August and had believed no cs mickey waffles would be a concession for the opportunity to stay here, but now you tell me they have them and 4 different kinds??? It's like getting and early dose of pixie dust!

Can you please elaborate on the 4 available kinds if you get a chance? Tnx!
Oh you are going to love the waffles
There is an adults menu and a kids menu, on the adult menu you get three mickey waffles and bacon, I think the kids get two with a side of apple sauce
There are the Wilderness Waffles which I have already reviewed, the strawberry and orange cream waffles, the banana foster waffles and the chocolate lovers waffles. I tried them all with the exception of the chocolate waffles (chocoalte mickey waffles, choc chips and whipped cream) and will be including pictures in coming reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
yum yum in for the ride and can't wait for more :thumbsup 2
thanks for reading, hopefully another review going up very soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Mama View Post
Can't wait for the rest.
Tangierine Cafe coming right up, thanks for joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hi Linda Having recently read your past dining review I'm jumping on board for this one.

Wow on having a waffle menu to work your way through! Will def be paying WL a visit on our trip.

Also you went to the gym on your vacation?! Looking forward to reading more.
The gym was a short lived moment of madness ..... Mmmm waffles or treadmill ... tough choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirlAllie View Post
Subscribing
hope you enjoy the rest of my reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in, that drink looked delicious!
It sure was, wish I could have one right now!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #33
Linda67

Tangierine Cafe And A Little Snack

Sunday May 15th 2011

After a very pleasant morning walking around World Showcase we were in serious need of food

I left it to DH to decide where to go as I had pretty much chosen on all of our ADRs

He surprised and delighted me by suggesting The Tangierine Café, we had eaten there last year and I had really enjoyed my meal

I ended up ordering the exact same thing as last time

The Vegetarian Platter

I remember that last time I ordered this it was all very good and tasty but that the falafel was very dry. No such problems this time, everything on the plate was just perfect. For anyone looking for a tasty and good value vegetarian meal I would highly recommend this plate

You get cous cous, falafel, hummus, lentil salad, mint salad, olives and bread and it's a filling and yet light lunch or dinner

For DH, the speciality lamb sandwich with a side order of fries

He loved this; he ate every last bite and proclaimed it to be ‘full of flavour’

There is only one option for dessert on the Dining Plan and that’s the Baklava

It was really dry and basically tasted like someone had dipped cardboard in sugar and left it out in the sun for a couple of days

We took one bite each and the rest ended up in the trash.

We’ve both had baklava before and although we aren’t huge fans of the dish this was certainly a poor version of it

All in all though we both love Tangierine Café, the food is fresh and flavourful (except for dessert) and we really enjoy the atmosphere of the place

After lunch we strolled around World Showcase a little more before stopping in Italy for some light refreshment

Rosa Regale

I shouldn’t like this as I don’t usually enjoy drinks that are too sweet but there is just something wonderful about people watching in Italy with a glass of pink fizz in your hand

In order to compensate for our poor desserts at the Tangierine Café we both felt like we deserved a sweet treat

Freshly made hot caramel corn from Karamel Kuche

Need I say more?

Coming up next …….. Will Le Cellier live up to the hype?

Last edited by Linda67; 06-08-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #34
OhdahLolly
Mouseketeer

Totally adoring your writing style over here. Can't wait till you post more!!

And btw, can I tell you that picture of the Avocado Margarita look awesomely wicked? Normally I am not a margarita girl at all, but I gotta say. That look extremely tempting!

Poly/2011

OhdahLolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #35
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhdahLolly View Post
Totally adoring your writing style over here. Can't wait till you post more!!

And btw, can I tell you that picture of the Avocado Margarita look awesomely wicked? Normally I am not a margarita girl at all, but I gotta say. That look extremely tempting!
Thanks for reading along
Even if you don't normally enjoy a margarita this one is well worth a try, its soooo rich and creamy
Old 06-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #36
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review of the Tangierine Cafe and for a good one!
We did NOT like it at all last time, but we have been talking about going back, so that really helps with my decision!

I guess I am the only one, but that Rosa Regale makes me sick! We picked up a bottle after reading all the hype about it and I actually spit it out - this is something I CANNOT drink!

But I love the Caramel corn you picked up! We had a fun chat with the CMs in their first language and had a blast!
Yummy treat - thank god there are NO calories in all the treats at Disney!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Last edited by dizneeat; 06-04-2011 at 03:48 PM.
dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #37
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Fabulous review Linda!

Oh, how I wish I was sitting at a table at Tangierine Cafe eating one of their lovely fresh meals! (I do agree about the baclava though - i wish they had a larger dessert selection!)

That popcorn looks amazing - even through the bag!

I've never had any of the rose regale - I must try it sometime!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #38
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I love your reviews, can't wait to read more!

~Carol

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #39
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Signing up. Can't wait to hear more. The avocado margarita is definitely on my list. I am well acquainted with La Cava but somehow i always order the classic or jalapeno. Time to branch out!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #40
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Glad to see you had a good meal again at Tangeriene Cafe!!! I still can't say that I will be returning there anytime soon, but it is encouraging to hear a good review! The Rosa looks wonderful!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:52 AM   #41
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Thanks for the review of the Tangierine Cafe and for a good one!
We did NOT like it at all last time, but we have been talking about going back, so that really helps with my decision!

I guess I am the only one, but that Rosa Regale makes me sick! We picked up a bottle after reading all the hype about it and I actually spit it out - this is something I CANNOT drink!

But I love the Caramel corn you picked up! We had a fun chat with the CMs in their first language and had a blast!
Yummy treat - thank god there are NO calories in all the treats at Disney!
The Caramel Corn was wonderful Karin
We had to pop back into the store a couple of times to time it right for a fresh batch but it was well worth it! and yep ...... nooooo calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Fabulous review Linda!

Oh, how I wish I was sitting at a table at Tangierine Cafe eating one of their lovely fresh meals! (I do agree about the baclava though - i wish they had a larger dessert selection!)

That popcorn looks amazing - even through the bag!

I've never had any of the rose regale - I must try it sometime!
Thanks Shari
Rosa Regale is very sweet which is not something I usually enjoy but for some reason I always get a glass when I am over in Epcot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Joining in! I love your reviews, can't wait to read more!

~Carol
So glad you could join us

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Signing up. Can't wait to hear more. The avocado margarita is definitely on my list. I am well acquainted with La Cava but somehow i always order the classic or jalapeno. Time to branch out!

I nearly went for the jalapeno, what's it like? is it really spicy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Glad to see you had a good meal again at Tangeriene Cafe!!! I still can't say that I will be returning there anytime soon, but it is encouraging to hear a good review! The Rosa looks wonderful!
Seems like there are really mixed opinions for Tangierine Cafe but the two times we have tried it have been really good
Old 06-05-2011, 03:12 AM   #42
Linda67

Le Cellier

Sunday May 15th 2011

Sorry in advance for poor photo quality!

As I said in my intro, DH leaves the planning of our trips entirely down to me which is just as well as I am a total control freak

This means that he generally doesn’t know where we will be eating until we check in for our reservation.

What it also means is that he has no pre-conceived ideas about a restaurant; he isn’t influenced by any hype or good or bad reviews; he has no idea how easy or difficult it is to get a reservation at any particular restaurant

I am telling you all this as dinner this evening was to be at Le Cellier and we all know that’s not an easy ADR to get and it has a superb reputation.

I liked the idea that DH knew very little about any of the restaurants before we ate there as his comments would be completely un-biased

We had never eaten at Le Cellier before and as DH loves a good steak I thought he would really enjoy it.

I’d booked several two credit dinners for this trip as we had received free dining as part of an early booking offer in the UK and as we were heading off for a three day cruise in the middle of out vacation, we actually had an excess of credits so I am not judging this restaurant in terms of value or the fact that it had recently gone from one credit to two for dinner

Once we had checked in we were seated within 10 minutes.

One of the first things I noticed was that there were several unoccupied tables near to where we were seated that had not been cleared and were covered in half eaten plates of food (these were still not cleared by the time we left)

In general the place looked really untidy with discarded silver wear and napkins under some of the tables

Our server introduced herself to us and although pleasant she really seemed to be just going through the motions and talked us through the menu in what can only be described as a ‘robotic manner’

I ordered a drink whilst looking through the menu

Torontopolitan - Iceberg Vodka, Chambord and Cranberry and Orange Juices

A really nice cocktail, very refreshing and a good kick to it

DH stuck to water (he is always the sensible one )

Once we had placed our orders the infamous bread was served

OK I know this might upset some people but the pretzel bread left me cold it just seemed really dry to me, we both quite liked the multi-grain stick though

DH was particularly hungry so he decided to have an appetiser

Steakhouse Caesar Salad, Crisp Romaine, Aged Parmesan and Pretzel Croutons

He said it was ‘OK’ but could have used more Parmesan

He was only about half way through his appetiser when the entrees arrived.

As he tried to move the plate out of the way to make space for the entrees another server picked up the unfinished salad and removed it without asking if he had finished

For his entrée he chose the signature dish

Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - 8 oz. Canadian AAA Beef Tenderloin with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle butter sauce and micro chervil

He really didn’t enjoy this dish, the risotto was far too salty and the steak was certainly not what could be described as tender (I watched as he forcibly sawed through it with his knife )

There wasn’t too much choice on the menu for a non-meat eater so I went for the salmon

Pacific King Salmon - with parsnip puree, braised greens, pickled pearl onions and mustard sauce

This dish was barely warm but the fish was totally overcooked

It's a real shame that the dish wasn't prepared or served correctly as I could tell by the small amount that I ate that if it was hot and not over cooked it would have been the kind of meal I would really have enjoyed

We had also ordered a side dish

Maple-glazed Rainbow Carrots in maple butter

These were stone cold

Our server came over to ask if everything was OK and I pointed out that the food wasn’t warm and that my husband’s appetiser had been taken away before he had finished.

She asked me if I would like her to take the food away and ‘get it re-heated’

Errrr No ….. what are you going to do, pop it in the microwave for me

I politely told her that she didn’t need to do that and we would just stick with what we have.

We both wanted to be finished in time for illuminations so neither of us wanted to hang around

To be honest we were really enjoying our night despite the food and were joking that if the rest of the week’s ADRs were as bad as this we should stick to counter service

DH asked me if I had ever read any reviews of this place and was it one of the less popular restaurants

I didn’t have the heart to tell him that I had made the reservation 6 months ago at the very second the phone lines opened!!

A few minutes later a manager came over to see us to apologise as he had heard that we weren’t entirely happy with our meal and what could he do to rectify it.

We really didn’t want to make a fuss and bizarrely were having a really great night so insisted that we didn’t expect him to do anything.

Having left most of our food we decided to give dessert a go

Maple Crème Brûlée for me

Lemon Cheesecake with a Citrus Salad and Mandarin Orange Gelèe for DH

The Crème Brulee had a really strange texture, it was watery in the centre and hard at the edges, basically it was yuk!

DH’s Lemon Cheesecake may have had a lemon wafted past it at some point in its creation but they certainly hadn’t been intimately acquainted!

I tried a little bit and it didn’t even have the faintest taste of lemon

So Le Cellier was a total bust as far as food was concerned but it was actually so bad that it became a strangely entertaining experience

When it came time to settle the bill the manager had taken off everything not covered on the dining plan which was good of him and unexpected

Perhaps they were just having a bad night? I certainly wouldn’t consider going there again for a very very long time

Coming Up Next ........... Yee Ha!! ....... Whispering Canyon Cafe

Last edited by Linda67; 06-08-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:24 AM   #43
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Your review of Le Cellier scares me!

We always ask for servers we know, maybe this changes our experience. But cold food - thanks, but no thanks I would have sent it back. They cannot just reheat - they need to prepare fresh - that's why IF something is not to my liking I make sure I "mark" it, so they cannot just pop it in the microwave!

Tom and I have an ADR for August and I wonder what our experience will be. Many people have actually complained about the salty risotto, we haven't had it salty YET! We'll see. Thanks for a honest review, Linda!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #44
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Gosh - what a bad Le Cellier experience!

We enjoyed it in 2008 but I'm not sure we would go back for dinner as a signature meal - especially not after reviews like that! What bad service!

I hate it when they leave messy tables uncleared - we had that at Ohana breakfast last year - it's just not nice to eat in such an environment!

They are just lucky that you and your DH are so easy going!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #45
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Hi Linda!
I remember reading your review last year and loved it! Thanks for taking the time again to post your reviews from your most recent trip!

We are staying at WL and I am really looking forward to the waffle offerings! My DS is sure to be excited as well!

I can't wait to read about your dining experience on the Disney Dream!

Thank you for sharing!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

scanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: