Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

Is this usual? I'd like to know if it's just me.....

We went to Inventions last week. As we booked in with the maitre d' he asked for our room number. I said we weren't staying at the DLH. He then asked for my phone number. I just blinked and then said "my PHONE number?". I was puzzled because we were just about to go in, so it wasn't like they would have to ring to cancel my table or something.

Anyway I gave my number but Dtr was worried he had taken it down wrongly. She was fussing about this as we were shown to our table and I said " it doesn't really matter - it's not like he's going to phone me". The waitress turned and said "No, it's just in case you leave without paying for your meal"

I was a bit openmouthed at this. I have never encountered this before, either at Disney or any other place I've eaten - whether it is table service or all-you-can-eat buffet. I have to say that, were I the sort of person to do a runner, I would not be giving out my real number anyway.

I suppose it must have happened a lot for them to have this policy but it made me feel uncomfortable - I just can't express why exactly. I actually would have preferred them to take the €112 charge there and then and just charged me for the drinks later - at least that way they would have a credit card to chase if we did run.

So - is this usual? Would anybody else feel a bit put out by it? Feel free to tell me it's just me, BTW,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: