Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Smile Our 2012 Disney Honeymoon

My fiance and I are planning a trip to Disney World for our honeymoon in July of 2012. We will be 23. I have been to Disney 20+ times and I have loved it every single time I've went. He has been twice, both with me and some friends. In fact, we just got back from our last trip to Disney this past December where I thought he would propose, but decided to a week later... Ah! It was absolutely magical. But, we have never been with just ourselves and I think it would be so much fun for our honeymoon. Plus, I really want to wear the Mickey Bride ears as well as wear the "Just Married" buttons.

So, have any of you been for your honeymoon? If so, what were you experiences? Where did you stay? Did you do anything else besides Disney and possibly Universal?

Thanks, all!

Last edited by CtinaDitty; 04-10-2011 at 03:22 PM.
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
ysprincess
Earning My Ears

You beat me to this post!!

Congrats on your engagement & Disneymoon!

My fiance and I are going for our Honeymoon Dec. 2011. Can't wait!

So far, we are planning on doing the couples spa treatment at Saratoga Springs and one of the Bass Fishing Trips, and of course, the parks. We are looking for some other ideas of what to do as well!
ysprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
PartofDisney'sWorld
DIS Veteran

Hello & welcome & congratulations on your engagement!

DF and I will be in Disney for 2 days for our honeymoon staying at the Beach Club, and then taking off on the Disney Dream for our very first ever cruise! So for the 2 days we will be in the parks, the first day being after our wedding on the same day (wedding will be over earlyish) and we made reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table because we've never eaten there and thought it would be perfect to eat there on our wedding night! Then we will do 2 parks the next day.

If you want to do something other than Disney and Universal, there's always Sea World or Aquatica, or there's lots of things to do on International Drive. If you can manage it, you can head on over to Tampa and do Busch Gardens or Adventure Island (water park), or go to the beach (I recommend Cocoa or New Smyrna, Daytona is kinda bleh & ew). There's also Kennedy Space Center if you want to get some knowledge about space and rockets.

I'm sure no matter what you do you guys are going to have so much fun!
PartofDisney'sWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

I go Tampa almost every year with my family. Beach vacation! I'm actually heading there in about a month! My FI and I have been to Busch Gardens before and it was just alright. I think it would be great fun to go to Sea World as well as Kennedy Space Center! I think if we combined those along with Disney World, it could be an extremely fun honeymoon. Now, of course I would like us to have some romance as well. I know I am ruling out the value resorts. As much as I loved staying at Pop Century this past December, it is not a place I would want to stay at on my honeymoon.

I think the Polynesian looks amazing! It's like you're leaving the US and going to a tropical paradise, but there is still that Disney-esque feel to it.

I have never been on a cruise. Someone needs to tell me how their Disney cruise was!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Congratulations to you, too! We shall plan together!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Congrats!! We are having our Disneymoon in November of this year!

We are staying at the French Quarter, and we splurged and will be getting the DDXP!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:21 AM   #7
AussiePrince
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t_angel View Post
Congrats!! We are having our Disneymoon in November of this year!

We are staying at the French Quarter, and we splurged and will be getting the DDXP!
We are honeymooning at french quarter from october 24th for 10 days, we might see you there! :-D
AussiePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #8
Aussieprincess
Mouseketeer

Talking

i didn't realise my fiance was logged in when i posted that comment... lol
Planning a 'Proper' trip to DLR for 2014
Aussieprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #9
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Hello & Congrats!!!
We have been together for 12 wonderful years and finally tied the knot last month 3/24/11 at Disney's Sunset Pointe. It was a dream come true! We decided to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we are so glad we did. We live in Orlando, so we go to Disney all the time and stay at the resorts every now and then. We have had wonderful experiences at all of them, but AKL beat them to the punch. Everyone was so nice, the hotel is absolutely gorgeous and they made us feel like royalty. Everywhere we went the staff would constantly congratulate us and when we got back from our ceremony like 20 cast members came out to applaud and cheer while we were stepping outside of the limo. It is something we will never forget. At the theme parks I had my bride ears and buttons and everywhere we went we had cast members and guests congratulating us and engaging in conversation. It really is magical and unforgettable! You will have a blast.
We celebrate our anniversary with Disney everytime! Can't wait for our Disney Cruisemoon in September on the dream!
I hope you have a lovely time, I'm sure you will!

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Aw, Disneyfan888!

That sounds absolutely magical! I cannot wait! My nickname at work is Disney because I'm such a big Disney fanatic! I wish FI understood why I love it so much there, but he didn't get to go there until he was 19 so he doesn't quite understand the magic like I do... Oh well, we're officially going for our honeymoon.

We are looking to stay at either the Poly or CR. I have another thread about the comparisons between the two and I think that has made it even harder!

Disneymoon, here we come!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
cjgref
Earning My Ears

In response to your question about planning ideas. One of the best ideas we had turned out how to spend our time before the honeymoon rather than during.

My fiancee and I are getting married in July. When she and I were talking about our long awaited honeymoon, we tossed around some big ideas before she suggested WDW. Her rationale was truly wonderful: "Since this is a place we plan on going back with kids and grandkids many times, each visit with them will be the chance to relive our wedding day and honeymoon."

One of things I've noticed alot about the Disney planning sites is that the Mousemooner ideas seems to have lost a little of its pizzazz. Since we spent a good deal of the year planning a lot of the fine details as a way of getting excited I am now at a bit of a loss for how to drop a few special things into each day. So I am reaching out for help... all suggestions are welcome.

Little background, staying at the Poly for 2 weeks, we've made our AR's for the entire trip already, and have picked out most of the "couply" things we'de like to do. I've planned already to have balloons in the room when we arrive and some flowers to be delivered midway through the trip.

Anyone got any other ideas?

-------

In response to your question about planning ideas. One of the best ideas we had turned out how to spend our time before the honeymoon rather than during.

Here is a little of what we have done…

One year before the wedding day the two of us went away for the weekend. We brought along a slew of Disney guides books and DisneyMania music. We used part of the time to pick where we’d stay, for how long etc. Then on the way home, instead of feeling gloomy about going home and getting back to work, we called the Disney folks and booked our trip. The “have a magical day” salutation at the end of the call lingered for the rest of the drive.

Then each month on the day we are getting married I left a package for my fiancée that helped count down to the wedding. Most of the time I took advantage of Disney Store Sales, Target Clearances or Ebay so nothing was more than $10-15. Even though both of us have been to WDW, we’ve never gone together and she’s never had the full Disney experience. One of the things she is really looking forward to is pin trading. Often my month gifts came from EBAY where I found pins that reflected us (like the U of FLA MM pin – she is a Gator Grad) that give her a base to start with.

Probably the best planning day came 180 before arrival. Knowing that we could book our AR’s starting then we both came down with “cough-cough” and played hooky. We got up early, got on the Disney website, made our reservations for the whole trip, then had the rest of the day together.

Each of the ways we’ve counted down to the trip has created conversations about wandering parks together, fireworks on the beach and looking for the little things that WDW has to offer. Hopefully, these feelings will linger long enough to make the lines seems shorter and the heat feel cooler.
cjgref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
went503
DVC Owner

I purposed to my fiance a year ago today under the fireworks at magic kingdom and we are due to have our disneymoon on the 15th of May. SO congrats yourselves and i cant wait to spend my time with my wife in disney in a few weeks.
BW May'11
AKV Feb '12
went503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Have a wonderful Disneymoon!!!!

Tags
disney honeymoon, honeymoon, love, romantic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: