Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quadriplegic Sues Disney After Being Trapped on 'Small World' Ride

Really?

WOW

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/02/10/...s-nation-yahoo

It can drive a person crazy, but I can guarantee you he has not and will not ever be the only disabled person stuck on IASW

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

40 minutes to get evacuated is not out of line. DW and I were 'trapped' on Maelstrom for 35 minutes as they struggled to get a very very overweight person out the tilted car and down the stairs. Fortunately there was a young girl in front of us who we helped keep entertained so she wouldn't freak out and start crying. Rides breakdown - it's all part of the experience. I think its neat to see all the engineering when they turn the lights on and turn off the effects.

Oh well if this individual wins this IMO frivolous lawsuit, out ticket prices will go up - again.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #3
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Always hard to tell from a sensationalized news story, but as an emergency services person it does sound like there were issues with the evalcuation. It is not about how long it takes, it is about the outcome. In this case it sounds like the the level of support was "lacking".

It is also unusual for the situation not to have gone through the complaint, mediation process where 99% of these issues are adressed, unless it is just a lawyer trying to stay busy and make some $.

bookwormde
Old 03-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
mickey&minniealways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormde View Post
Always hard to tell from a sensationalized news story, but as an emergency services person it does sound like there were issues with the evalcuation. It is not about how long it takes, it is about the outcome. In this case it sounds like the the level of support was "lacking".

It is also unusual for the situation not to have gone through the complaint, mediation process where 99% of these issues are adressed, unless it is just a lawyer trying to stay busy and make some $.

bookwormde
sounds about right to me.
mickey&minniealways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
Dashzap
DIS Veteran

Difficult to know without having any details, but is the concern that there was no way to evacuate him if the ride breakdown was longer?
Dashzap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashzap View Post
Difficult to know without having any details, but is the concern that there was no way to evacuate him if the ride breakdown was longer?
No, there is a way, they would have just pushed the boat manually to the dock, but this is a LOT of work, and since they knew the ride would be up again, they have the powerchair wait.

He is upset because he is now saying he did not receive medical attention when he asked for it. It is a he-said, she-said battle.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
KPeveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: