Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #16
Eeyore5
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear what your and your family went through. Like others I am happy that the other poeple around you were supportive in dealing with the situation.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #17
npcougar
DIS Veteran

I'm confused. Why is it a good thing the foster son urinated on someone? I can't see any time this would be acceptable.
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #18
brat
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone.

Sue is likely right we just happened to be in "his" path.

Peeing on someone is not good and I did have to tell Fostor son that but he is ASD which means he does not process how to handle situations around him the same as other kids.So some cheering at his defending his "sisters" in his own way is a milestone.

We are fine, explained to the kids the rude guy had a meltdown.Then we all laughted at guessing what might of caused the meltdown.Some of the kids ideas where really funny.

We had really good luck with very supportive people around us.
brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #19
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Oh wow! Glad the staff at the pharmacy rallied around you, and very glad that they are so supportive of you.

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #20
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcougar View Post
I'm confused. Why is it a good thing the foster son urinated on someone? I can't see any time this would be acceptable.
Ok, I am cheering for the son for peeing on the guy, but that would not mean that I would say it out loud to the child. I mean, there are always situations where kids do something funny or something we wish we could get away with or something we agree with (such as peeing on a cruel aggressive man), but we cannot condone those actions out loud. And especially as an ASD child, he would have difficulty verbalizing his pain and frustration, so he went with something he could do.

No, I would never give the kid an award for peeing on someone, but I sure do congratulate him (in my head).

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
KPeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #21
brat
DIS Veteran

It really helps me feel right about buying most of our medical supplies at that pharmacy.We like their store because of the staff.They are the type that you can call when getting out of the hospital and tell them 5 minutes before closeing that you have a scrip that needs to be filled and they stay open to fill it. They are also willing to deliver a scrip.When my Mom did not come in for her monthly scrip and the Pharmasist did not get an answer when he called her, he called me to see if she was okay.She was out of town visiting the younger of my Brothers.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #22
Kat77
Now if I could just remember how to spell and how not to write in run on sentences....

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcougar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post
Ok, I am cheering for the son for peeing on the guy, but that would not mean that I would say it out loud to the child. I mean, there are always situations where kids do something funny or something we wish we could get away with or something we agree with (such as peeing on a cruel aggressive man), but we cannot condone those actions out loud. And especially as an ASD child, he would have difficulty verbalizing his pain and frustration, so he went with something he could do.

No, I would never give the kid an award for peeing on someone, but I sure do congratulate him (in my head).
Geez npcougar, lighten up. Nobody here thinks it's socially acceptable but it was darn funny (nothing can be done but laugh about it now)! Obviously the child was told he should never resort to THAT behavior ever again. KP summed up my feelings quite nicely.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #23
Piper
DIS Veteran

Maybe he had heard the phrase "I'm so mad I could **ss on him." When I was teaching, we had a kindergarten child do that to another on the playground. When asked why he thought it was okay to do that, he replied, When Daddy is mad, he says I'm so mad I could **ss on him. So I did." (I wouldn't like to be that child's father when the mother got through with him. She was both mortified and furious!)
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #24
brat
DIS Veteran

As far as what Foster son has heard over the years being the reason for his choice of action, maybe

your guess is as good as mine.

He was in 9 other Foster homes as well as group homes before he came to ours last time. His Bio Mom got him back for about six months when we got the call that he needed a place to live again.He asked the social worker if he could be with us.

He is really sweet and normally just is in his own world as far as strangers.When asked why afterwards he said because "the 'Man' looked like he was going to hit his "sisters"! " then he started to cry because he was bad and afraid we would send him away. Of course we told him we would not send him away for that but that he was not to pee on people.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #25
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
That probably would have caused me to give him a swift kick in the family jewels and a "see if your little pills work now"

It just goes back to "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all". You can't change everyone's thinking, there's always going to be people who are disgusted with kids with downs, or hate fat people or wish all the gay people would just die. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions....but when it's said outloud, all bets are off.
I second that!! A free for all, super smash brothers brawl

Some people never learn.Op, I am glad that everything is okay now

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #26
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

I am cheering in my head for your foster son. He stood up for your twins in the only way he knew how, at that moment. I am so glad people stood up for your family.

(nice to meet a fellow foster parent here)
tinytreasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #27
brat
DIS Veteran

Nice to meet you too tinytreasures.

Fostering has really been great for DH and I.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: