Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #16
Skyetk
Earning My Ears

Dresses... oh the dresses...

Like I said.. Iím not putting photos of MY dress on here but there was a road getting to MY dress. Iím not posting MY dress because I donít want Dave to see it.

This is the Lace Dress Iím love the train

I call this one the SIZE 6 dress. See Iím a size 12 and they didnít have anything bigger than a 6 in this dress but because of the back on it I was able to try it on. For people who want color on their dress this is a great option because the band at the top can be a variety of different colors.

Ok so here is the 2nd runner up in the dress race. I put this dress on and felt like a fairytale princess. It had chiffon and great movement.. I think I tried this dress on like 4 times, I even sent my parents photos. This WAS the dress..

1st runner up. Loved the fabric Ö loved the shape it gave me. It was a bit higher then I had intended to pay for a dress, but I was thinking about it. This became the IT dress.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #17
BriarRose Bride
making my fairy tale wedding dreams come true at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Hi Summer! I your PJ! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!! First I have to say that your Mom is definitely a strong lady and I am so happy that she is recovering well. Also, I am so sorry for some of your earlier frustration with DFTW. I had initially been speaking with Traci as well and then learned that she was on maternity when I went for the initial meeting. Everyone had recommended her and I had two friends who had her and I was hopeful, then sad and worried. I ended up with Kelly and she is amazing! I really like her.

Which photographer are you using? Hair and make-up? I haven't decided on hair and make-up yet, but I really like flawless faces. Are you having a DJ at the reception?

I adore the pavilion, it is so unique to other locations. Are you having an afternoon or evening reception? The draped lights absolutely add something, i wish they came with the room, but they are well worth the added charge.

HAHA, My bridesmaids started at 3 and grew to 5 currently, however I can't add another even if I wanted to because the dresses I chose have been discontinued. It is amazing to me how much things change during the planning process. For example, all the construction at the Hotel that was unexpected!

I think your cake is amazing, so fun, which flavors and fillings did you chose?

As far as your Mother of the Bride dress, I really like the gold, I think that it is not only beautiful and classy, but 1. it fits with the romantic theming you have chosen and 2. it isn't too bold as to detract from you the bride!

I am not having any children attend also, it is boring for them and you're right, one scream or loose child could ruin your video or memories! I have a few that are within the age group for Pinocchio's Workshop (5-12) and I think it is an affordable option and fun for the kids.

I have Kelly G too for floral and decor and man is it ever pricey! I am still trying to decide on what I REALLY want vs. what I don't need. The plans are coming along great, thank you so much for checking out my page, and I can't wait to see more. I am down at the parks often, so please let me know if you need me to be your legs to check on things.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #18
Skyetk
Earning My Ears

I’m using Bob Ortiz as my photographer and I’m using Tara from Fairytale Hair and Make-up.
I can’t really recommend either because; well I haven’t seen the finished product you know.

So when I went for my last wedding meeting in October I met with Tara and Bob.

I made this list of “must have” shots for Bob, recommend by some wedding website. Well I’m a bit of a SUPER PLANNER and a bit picky... so my list is a 17 page power point slide WITH photo examples of poses, angles and finishes I did and did not like. I’m in love with Google image search. He starts thumbing through it and it turns out that a good portion of my sample photos that I like were ones HE took. So that was cool.

We are using the Disney DJ-mainly because they are already there and they know the room and are undoubtedly professional and family appropriate. And I didn’t have the availability to research and/or interview anyone.

We are having a 5pm wedding on a weekday. But since its spring the sun should be setting pretty late. I picked middle May because I wanted the garden in full bloom.

I’ve been in the idea stages for about 3 years, and ya, I’ve seen a bunch of stuff change. Like my 2nd runner up dress … they don’t sell it anymore, I’m thankful I kept looking around- which I only did because I wasn’t thrilled with the service at David’s Bridal. The water falls- Cynthia told me during out first meeting in 2009 that they were doing something to that area and it probably would not be available for pictures, however I was not expecting the level of construction that they ARE doing to it. It worries my mom. When we met with Cynthia this October mom asked Cynthia a couple times to make sure there would be no construction noises during the ceremony or reception.

We are doing all the food tastings in March, but for now here are our cake choices.
The Cake – It’s going to end up being 3 tiers.
-Tier 1 (Top): Golden Vanilla Cake, Bavarian Cream Filling, Fresh Strawberries, Neutral Soak
-Tier 2 (Middle): Lemon Pound Cake, Fruit Mousse Filling, Mixed Berries, Grand Marnier Soak
-Tier 3 (Bottom): Chocolate Cake, Dark Chocolate Mousse Filling, Fresh Raspberries

I did get referral for flowers and I’ll be contacting them to see what the difference $$ wise is. Just for people flowers though. My aunt, the one who said I must have flowers said she would figure out the pick up if we used an outside vendor.

I am also thinking about figuring out the amount of fabric that is needed for the aisle draping and just bringing some to tie onto the chairs, instead of going through Disney. I’m going to look at craft stores for shimmery organza and chiffons.

BTW, Thank you so much for the offer of an extra pair of legs!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #19
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

OMG, I just noticed we have the same wedding date - 5/19 - but mine is next year

Any new updates? You are so close now!
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: