Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #31
mrsbicewdw
Passing Down the Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznystar View Post
DH & I were both CMs too. And he worked for both Disney and Universal as well, but of course that was years ago. I've had both of my son's at the parks at very early ages. With my youngest, I had the travel system, but left the carseat part in the room. DS was comfy being able to stretch out with the stroller laid back. He was just under 3 mos for his first visit. I also had my Snugli carrier with me and that helped a lot. The baby centers are really nice. The one at EPCOT has a room with tv and rocking chairs and toys for some older ones, a changing table room, high chair room, a quiet room, and shop with some necessities.

As for table size. We have never included infants in dinner plans and we have always been able to bring the stroller in if needed.

For stroller stuff....get the mickey fan....don't know what I would do without it. We use it all the time. Also, there is a DISer "Dolly" that has a share file with printables for strollers.
Thanks so much for letting me know about those! Too cute, and I was wanting something for the stroller. I wanted to print out a Star Wars one from her, but my poor printer would have no black ink left if I did that. I got a Donald one.

Planning our first family DLR trip for Christmas 2015!

Too many WDW trips to count, growing up in Orlando does that!
mrsbicewdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #32
adventure_woman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbicewdw View Post
To be honest, I am most concerned about the fact that he does not like sitting in the stroller for more than 2 secs. I can't carry him all the time b/c I have back problems, so I think we will be playing "pass the baby" alot.
As an FYI - I noticed that you said you have a 'snugli' type carrier. Those are very very uncomfortable and do hurt your back. I don't know if you have tried a better carrier which is much more comfortable for you and baby...ie Ergo, Beco, Olives and Applesauce, a Mei Tei is better. If you want more info, let me know. I have a carrier and I can literally wear DD for hours as I don't feel her weight...if I actually carry her in my arms I last about 5 minutes!!

WDW
LOTS of trips before!
CP CM - Summer 1999
FT CM - May 2000-Dec 2001 (AKL, BC, Poly)
ASMo 11/03 ASMo 11/06 AS Sp/Mo 8/08 ASMo 1/9 ASMu 8/09 ASMu 8/11 ASMu 1/13

DL/DCA
CM - Dec 2000-Feb 2001 (Grand Opening of DCA)
Off-site 12/05

DCL
Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/29/11
adventure_woman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #33
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

I used a sling with my daughter as a baby. And after this last trip I really wish that was possible for a 7 & 4 year old, lol. I hate strollers! They make life so much harder! If it were me with a baby that young, I wouldn't even bother bringing a stroller. When we went, it was so crowded and it seemed like EVERY person was pushing a stroller....some even with little ones which could've saved a lot of time and frustration had they been using some sort of carrier instead. Another good thing if you're breastfeeding...makes things easier, less to pack. We had a book bag that my husband carried. Anyway, good luck and have fun!
DS~2
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #34
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Well, you can't easily get these new anymore because the fabric is no longer made, but my best parks prop was my solarveil ring sling. Carried her all over the place and nursed without anyone ever noticing. I wore it in the pool, too; she was happy as a clam sitting bucket-style so that she could see Daddy and big brother splashing around for her amusement.

You might be able to find a dealer on line who still has some in stock; I really recommend one if you can find it. I still use mine at theme parks even though DD is now 3; it's useful for carrying her when she falls asleep.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby, infant, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: