Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #16
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

The card I asked them to sign was POC themed.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #17
cboyer
Earning My Ears

We are doing a b2b in May and during the 2nd cruise, I thought it would be neat to have pillow cases already signed for the kids of the friends that are joining us. So I'm thinking of having them signed and pack gift bags and ask the staff to have them waiting in our friend's room. The only problem, we have about 10 other kids joining us. On the first cruise it is 3 families who have cruised 3 other times, so I am thinking if each room asked for 3 or 4 cases- it would be easier to get- Thoughts?
cboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #18
Ephany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csharpwv View Post
On Our December Cruise my wife and I each bought the BIG blank Vinylmation figures and left them to be signed.

I have a Red one and DW has a yellow one - they were signed by all the characters and dropped in our room on the last night of the cruise.

We have them in our offices at work and we each get tons of comments on them!

Definitely leave something of quality with clear instructions and provide your own color specific/coordinating sharpie markers. You will get your markers back!

We left a few colors that would look good on each - we got all of them back.

We left a $5.00 tip in each box. I hope it was appreciated by the CM- because we definitely appreciated not having to wait in line to get them signed!
Did you use regular Sharpie brand markers if you don't mind me asking and did they smear at all? I'd love to do this with a large white vinylmation, but that color always seems to be out of stock on disneyshopping.com so I'm stalking the website regularly hoping to get lucky.
Ephany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #19
mufasa0505
DIS Veteran

They lost our photo mat on the Magic last week but they gave us a lithograph (from Barcelona) signed by a bunch of characters. It wasn't a huge deal to me.

I noticed at dinner the last night, a couple of people at a nearby table had purchased the white DCL hat and had the characters sign that. It was really cute and I thought it was a great idea.

Disney Bride
September 19, 2005

mufasa0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #20
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

It is 4 items per stateroom, as I found out last week when I had 5 things! Luckily a very nice lady happened to be at Guest Services the same time as me, heard the conversation, and offered to put my t-shirt through on her stateroom, which was very kind of her (and then stupidly I lost her stateroom number, but I had given her mine and she very kindly left it outside my room, so even more thanks!!).

They seem quite strict about sticking to the number. They have pre-printed slips which say what the items are, how many pens you've included, and if you want main characters or princesses only. We ticked main characters on all, and on the kids 4 items this didn't include princesses, but on my t-shirt which had gone through on the other room it also included princesses, so I think main characters can be hit and miss!

I didn't put candy in mine due to bad planning and not visiting shops before I boarded. Also have heard of people not getting their pens back, or getting different ones, but I got exactly the same back.

I was told these would be delivered back to staterooms on the last full day (so the Saturday), but they actually got delivered on Friday just as we were heading down for dinner. They looked great.
Ladyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #21
ginger3son
Earning My Ears

T-shirts

I did this on our last cruise and it turned out awesome. I had t-shirts made with my kids favorite Disney characters on them and their names on them. All of the characters signed the shirts and they delivered them to our room on the last night. My kids still wear their t-shirts with pride and we get tons of complements on them. My only regret is that I wish I would of gotten the shirts a size larger.
ginger3son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #22
G&GMom
Mouseketeer

I just got off the Dream yesterday and was told 2 items per stateroom. I had 3 photo mats to be signed so fortunately we had 2 rooms.

Also I highy recommend bringing some sort of ziploc to put them in. We just handed over our mats and the form was taped to it. When we took the form off, the tape tore the mat a bit.

Tags
characters, disney cruise line, disney dream, items signed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: