Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #2536
amberdansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelli9971 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I just joined today and am hoping to get alot of tips from you all. I've been to Disneyland many times, however this is only my second trip with my boys 11 and 6! We are going in February.

WELCOME!!! You are going to love these boards!

12/18-22/06

DH ME DD10 DS9 DD3 months
amberdansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #2537
misslula19
Earning My Ears

Help!

i really need help! as excited as i am to have found disboards, i find it so confusing...can anyone explain making 10 posts in order to private message people???? I don't get it...
misslula19 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #2538
misslula19
Earning My Ears

so do i send random posts for nothing to achieve "10" ???
misslula19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #2539
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslula19 View Post
so do i send random posts for nothing to achieve "10" ???
Please don't. We prefer that you post for a specific reason and may delete posts that don't contribute in any way. We have plenty of threads that you are can join in. Welcome another newcomer here, tell us about yourself in your own thread, or answer a question on the Theme Parks Board, or post a budget tip on that board.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #2540
Seifer
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm Marc-Andre from Quebec. I read since 2 months but I've just registered to share my feelings about my WDW trip !

I will be at Pop Century between january 24 and 31 !

I can't wait to be there !
Seifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #2541
candy wife
Earning My Ears

Hey there everyone! Just wanted to break the ice in here. I am a wife and mama to 2 gorgeous and awesome kiddos. We are all HUGE Disney fans since birth... I have conditioned my kids to love Disney from day one just as my parents did for me We are only a couple hours from WDW so we head there as much as we can.
I wanted to join in on some Disney talk and also we are planning a cruise later this year so I need LOADS of input on that. Never been on DCL before and kind of clueless there. Hope to learn lots here.
candy wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #2542
ladyinblue

I am new to the dis boards. I don't know how to post info. Can you please help?

ladyinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #2543
ladyinblue

Ok I feel silly!! I answered my own question thanks anyway.

On another note I would like to begin looking into becoming a DVC memeber. However I want to rent points to begin ths process.

I was told to come to the dis boards to find renters, but I am having a bit of trouble finding what I am looking for. Any advice?

ladyinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #2544
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinblue View Post
Ok I feel silly!! I answered my own question thanks anyway.

On another note I would like to begin looking into becoming a DVC memeber. However I want to rent points to begin ths process.

I was told to come to the dis boards to find renters, but I am having a bit of trouble finding what I am looking for. Any advice?

You need to complete your registration first. Please see the thread at the top of this forum (probably right above or below this one) "Not fully registered. . ." for instructions. You won't be able to see our DVC Rent boards until you complete this process.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
Old 01-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #2545
John from Reston
Earning My Ears

Hello, congratulations on your first post. I understand you need to make ten of them to reply via email to a 'post-er'. This is my third, and I hope to get to ten in a few minutes so that I can reply to a post, hoping to get some information. So I'm looking for people who I hope will not be offended if I post to them. Have a good day.
John from Reston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #2546
John from Reston
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
Please don't. We prefer that you post for a specific reason and may delete posts that don't contribute in any way. We have plenty of threads that you are can join in. Welcome another newcomer here, tell us about yourself in your own thread, or answer a question on the Theme Parks Board, or post a budget tip on that board.
I noted your reply to one of my fellow newbies and see that you are a moderator. Please be aware of the following frustration that I am dealing with right now. I am planning to vacation with a large group in July, and someone on one of these boards insinuated that our potential rental agent is a bad person to deal with. I posted a note asking for information, and the lady has not answered it after one day. So I wanted to email her (tastefully - please believe me) to request information about what caution we need to take. And when I tried to do that, I got a popup message saying that I can't send emails until I have sent at least 10 posts. So, although we're told that we shouldn't make trivial posts, we're penalized for not making posts.

I hope you understand my frustration - thanks,
John from Reston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #2547
lovetoscrap
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Reston View Post
I noted your reply to one of my fellow newbies and see that you are a moderator. . . .

So I wanted to email her (tastefully - please believe me) to request information about what caution we need to take. And when I tried to do that, I got a popup message saying that I can't send emails until I have sent at least 10 posts. So, although we're told that we shouldn't make trivial posts, we're penalized for not making posts.
Our posting rules help prevent our members from being inundated with spam. The PM system is for the benefit of our contributing members. There are plenty of threads on our forums that you can pop into and contribute something to the conversation, without having to post nonsense just to increase your post count. On this board alone you can offer a to all of our newcomers from the last few days and you would have more than 10 posts.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #2548
bigdaddy511
Mouseketeer

Smile Welcome

I've been reading the DisBoards for years. This is my first post to welcome any other newcomers!
bigdaddy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:42 AM   #2549
dnishio

Earning My Ears

Long time reader, recently active with posting. Guess that made me a lurker???
dnishio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #2550
SJMomof4
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone! I was a member back in '07 when I discovered the boards while planning our first family trip. My email addy has changed a few times since, so I re-registered I am excited to be back and have already found tons of useful info.
Dh & I are surprising our kids with another trip back this May, as our younger 2 were babies the first time and don't remember being there. We will be staying at POP
'07 Offsite with kids
'08 CBR long overdue honeymoon
'11 POP with family
Aug '13 AoA with family
SJMomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote