Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #16
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
He looks like a service dog to me. Yep. I am quite certain he is a service dog! He must join us for breakfast!
*poke* You've posted 2x on the thread, Ms. JSG, but have yet to reintroduce urself
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #17
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

Hey there! I'm Rob. My partner Scott and I live in the Orlando area. Most of you already know WAY too much about my life from the Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding thread, so I won't bore you with any more detail.

Here's a recent photo of us on New Year's Eve:

My favorite park is Epcot, especially during the Food and Wine Festival.

My favorite attraction is the Adventurers Club, and I still miss it very much despite it having been closed over two years ago.
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #18
nyc2theworld
I thought this hotel had anything anytime?

Well hello!

My name is Franklyn and my name comes from the fact that I travel for work. (Not because I go to WDW about 1-2x/year but now that I think of it NYC2theWorld does make sense in that regard!)

I currently and have always lived in Northern New Jersey and despite its high Cost of Living I'm not sure there's any other place I'd want to live...Well maybe Golden Oak...anybody have a couple of mill to spare?

As for my job, I currently work for a marketing company that specializes in retail sales and product training and the client I'm assigned to is a major software company. Thus I travel all over the US (maybe once in a blue moon international...go to go to Manila for work last year).

My favourite disney park is EPCOT Center for a number of reasons.
1-Its for adults with that Disney Magic...I love different cultures and thus love World Showcase. After that is MGM Studios because of the street performers from 1950s Hollywood and Tower of Terror to this day is the only ride I get so afraid of being on but after my first ride of the day on it, I'm always super excited and want to ride it again and again.

Favourite Disney Movie...This is a hard one. Its easy to go with the Pixars because they are so recent and what they did with Wall-E (i.e. lack of script compared to other movies is amazing) but forgetting some of the Disney Canon movies is also unacceptable...I have to admit, the Princess and the Frog holds a special meaning in my heart because she was the first Disney Princess that actually worked for what she wanted and while she had a savior in the end with Prince Nadeem, she was an A-type personality.

Disney Princess - Princess Tiana as it was the first one that taught girls..."Having a prince is awesome but you can work on making your dreams come true too"

Disney Charater - All the evil charaters. Though last year I had a great time with the Queen of Hearts in MK. I went in line to get a picture with her and unlike all the other disrespectful little people, I actually bowed and she was all flirtatious with me...that was awesome!!!

Oh...Last but not least. I is single!

nyc2theworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #19
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

OK, Jay. I will introduce myself. Again. But no photos because I am too lazy to upload one. Feel free to look at the pics in my last trip report. I still look like that.

I'm Elizabeth, 40. Straight. Married. Mom to DS15. Tireless crusader for equality.

Tim Burton is my soulmate, hence my screen name.

Favorite park is MK.

Went to Gay Days in '10, LOVED it, going back for '11!
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #20
daannzzz
OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled egg salad
Enjoys the magic of Disneyland in December
: I am becoming a bit more adventurous in my dining habits

This is Dan and Nick. I (Dan) am on you're left with the gray shirt. Nick and I met here on the DIS and are now living together after almost two years. I am 21 years older than Nick... gulp.
I have been to Disneyland over 50 times and to Walt Disney World 13 now. Nick has been to WDW 6 times or so and bought into DVC. He has been to Disneyland twice now.
We will be going to DL for Valentines Day Weekend.
We both love movies though different genres so it is interesting.
We both love travel and the National and State parks so will spend much time on the road.
We just completed his move from Virginia right before Christmas. I flew out and we drove back with a couple of stops for sight seeing.
We are not sure when we are going back to WDW though.

daannzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #21
rpmdfw

Y'know . . .

Wally's not likely to introduce himself or post pictues on this thread.

Perhaps some of us who know him well should write an introduction for him and post "flattering" pictures that he's certain to approve of . . .

Old 01-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #22
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
Y'know . . .

Perhaps some of us who know him well should write an introduction for him and post "flattering" pictures that he's certain to approve of . . .

LOL... That would be mean, Rob... and none of use would EVER be mean.
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #23
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Y'know . . .

What do ya wanna know?
OrlandoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:36 AM   #24
Willem
Need Magic?

Hi there,

I'm Willem, 30 years old, living in Belgium (that tiny country next to France and Germany without a gouvernement since quite a while now). Me and my boyfriend Steven (31) are a couple since 1998.

Here's us:

We live in Tienen, a small town about 30 mins from Brussels.
I work in a school as "coordinator". That means I'm responible for the organisation of the two first years and for everything that has to do with communication. Steven is production manager at Dannon (the yoghurt company).

We live about 3,5 h from Paris and love Disney so we visit Disneyland Paris 1 weekend per month. Almost every summer we visit an other Disney resort. This summer we'll go on the Disney Med Cruise.

My favourite Disney park is Tokyo Disney Sea. So beautiful and full of romance!

My favourite movie is Beauty and The Beast and favourite princess is Belle.
Who my favourite prince is depends on who plays who at the parks

Favourite character is Minnie.

Anything else?

Disneyland Paris +150 visits
WDW July/August 2013
DCL Magic July 2011
Disneyland Anaheim July 2010
WDW August 2008
DCL Wonder August 2008
Tokyo Disneyland August 2007
Disneyland Anaheim August 2006
WDW August 2004
Willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #25
f86sabjf
Kingdom Keeper

My names Jeff

I am married to my wonderful wife of 17yrs. We are both equal rights supporters for all of our family out there. Lived in the orlando area my whole life

Favorite Disney park: WDW ,was there 2wks after opening

Favorite movie: The Little Mermaid
Favorite Princes: no surprise Ariel
Favorite ride: wed way people mover
Favorite meal : the monte cristo sandwich when it was served
Favorite evil villian: malifescent
Old 01-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #26
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

Smile

Hi all! It looks like I can't post pictures yet, so I'll just describe the hubby and myself using semaphore and an Aldis lamp. *kidding*

EDIT: Pic!

Furb & Dez are versions of our online handles. We live in beautiful Phoenix, AZ and are definite Disneyphiles. Dez actually went to the Magic Kingdom way back in the early '70's, but doesn't remember much about it (being 6 and all...)

Our home park is Disneyland, but neither of us have been in a while due to the intolerable AP situation there.

My favorite Disney movie is probably a tie between Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast. I don't think I have a favorite prince or princess (I don't GET the whole prince[ss] thing! Explain it, please!), though if I had to pick, I'd say Mulan or Megara, since neither of those two were simpering "save me" types.

As far as my favorite characters, I would say that my faves are all aspects of my own personality:
  • Baloo
  • Sully
  • Timon
  • Maleficent
LOL Take that as you will...
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...

Last edited by furb & dez; 01-26-2011 at 11:31 PM.
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #27
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

newbies! Everyone is lookin good!
ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #28
TeaForTulips
DIS Veteran

Hello! I'm Tarah. My girlfriends name is Jen. She is not so much on the DIS though. We have been together 5 years.

My username is just something I randomly made up. I drink tea and love tulips and thought the play on tea for two was cute.

We live about 30 minutes from Disney depending upon the traffic. I4 is not friendly. We moved here in July from Louisiana for work. It was not a hard choice to make. Once I googled where Altamonte Springs was I knew we were moving!

I really do not have a fave park. I like a little bit of everything from each one.

I am really bad with favorites... I love all the Disney movies! I know them all. Every word and song. On a recent cruise I was the proud winner of the Disney Name that Tune...

Favorite Disney characters are Mulan and Marry Poppins. I am a certified professional nanny so I feel like me and Poppins could get along.

We braved New Years Eve this year at MK and decided never again. I think we are gonna brave gay days this year, but I am praying it is not as bad as NYE. We are hoping to finally get out in the area to meet some people now that the house and work is settled.

Oh and here are a few pictures..

This is Jen "proposing" to me in Belize with a little child size plastic pink flower ring we found that fit my pinky. It was sweet.

Tarah (That's me!) Jen Mary Marmee Bobo Trista Mario Pierce Hallise Pollyanna Tucker
TeaForTulips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #29
jamieandben
Thinks his chicken is smack your mama good

Quote:
Y'know . . .

Did you say Pic's?
I got lots of pic's of wally.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #30
rpmdfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieandben View Post
Did you say Pic's?
I got lots of pic's of wally.
You should definitely post them!

Wally said something to the effact that he didn't want to introduce himself because he feels that someone of his importance (or did he say impotence? ) should be given a formal introduction by someone else.

So, by all means post lots of pictures of him as a way to introduce him!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: