Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #46
kristilew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureLover67 View Post
kristilew-Thank you so very much for your detailed and what appears to be open minded review! We have been considering this trip for some time and you answered many of the questions I had.

I really, really, REALLY want to go to the one in Peru but maybe we will wait on that. It's kind of like the year we went and stayed at the Beach Club (at a reduced rate) and let's just say we find ourselves comparing all others to it and everything comes up short!
It's better to feel up graded over down graded any day of the week.

Thanks again for the review!
Well, thank you for the kind words! I heartily recommend doing SWS followed by the Peru trip. There was a couple on our Peru trip who had done just that and they were thrilled.

We, too, got a great deal at Beach Club, last October, and have actually not scheduled another trip to the World b/c we can't bear the thought of staying anywhere else now. To make it worse, they surprised us with an upgrade to Concierge level, so all hope is lost. I totally agree with your analogy.

SWS, however is a great trip. And a great one to do with kids. Or, a great one to do with adults only who like beer Let us know what you book!
kristilew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:32 AM   #47
AdventureLover67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristilew View Post
Well, thank you for the kind words! I heartily recommend doing SWS followed by the Peru trip. There was a couple on our Peru trip who had done just that and they were thrilled.

We, too, got a great deal at Beach Club, last October, and have actually not scheduled another trip to the World b/c we can't bear the thought of staying anywhere else now. To make it worse, they surprised us with an upgrade to Concierge level, so all hope is lost. I totally agree with your analogy.

SWS, however is a great trip. And a great one to do with kids. Or, a great one to do with adults only who like beer Let us know what you book!
Well, to be honest we have a 20 year old so we would most likely book an adults only trip. I, like you, like children but we only have one and love her to pieces but we found ourselves drawn to the 18+ section throughout our DCL cruise last year and think that suits us best so I'm glad they offer an adults only with the ABD.

Have you tried a Disney cruise yet? They do offer several military discounts (somehow I think that might apply to your family, but I could be mistaken, too!). Either way, they are wonderful and in my opinion, well worth the money. However, once again, we got a surprise upgrade which spoiled us! So wonderful but how easy it is to get spoiled!!

I shared some of your review with my husband last night and we are going to have to decide which trip will be next, DCL vs. ABD. Too bad we can't afford both!!

Are you planning any more trips at this time? We will be staying for 3 days at the Animal Kingdom Lodge prior to the cruise this year, so I'll let you know how it compares to the BC!

2002 Beach Club
2003 Contemporary
2007 Carribean Beach
2008 Old Key West
2009 DCL 7 Night Western Caribbean
2009 Carribean Beach
2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010 7 Night Eastern Carribean
AdventureLover67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #48
kristilew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureLover67 View Post
Well, to be honest we have a 20 year old so we would most likely book an adults only trip. I, like you, like children but we only have one and love her to pieces but we found ourselves drawn to the 18+ section throughout our DCL cruise last year and think that suits us best so I'm glad they offer an adults only with the ABD.

Have you tried a Disney cruise yet? They do offer several military discounts (somehow I think that might apply to your family, but I could be mistaken, too!). Either way, they are wonderful and in my opinion, well worth the money. However, once again, we got a surprise upgrade which spoiled us! So wonderful but how easy it is to get spoiled!!

I shared some of your review with my husband last night and we are going to have to decide which trip will be next, DCL vs. ABD. Too bad we can't afford both!!

Are you planning any more trips at this time? We will be staying for 3 days at the Animal Kingdom Lodge prior to the cruise this year, so I'll let you know how it compares to the BC!

Cruises are not the deal for us, between DH being claustrophobic and me being able to relax for about 10 mintues before I get bored and have to "go do." (You're right about the military discount though: you picked that up from my reference to on-post hotels.)

We are tentatively looking at the Egypt trip for next year, but also seriously looking at Classic Journeys' Morrocco trip. Booking either has to wait for a couple of months as some other "stuff" in our life is a little unsettled at the moment. Leaning toward the Egypt ABD, assuming there are still slots left by the time we are ready to book.

We do have a house rented on St. John, BVI, in April, and are looking at some little trips as well. Of course, WDW is always a contender, but we are misisng food and wine festival this year in favor of a long weekend in the Outer Banks.

Keep us posted on what you decide! (And I'd love to hear a BC/AKL comparison!)

Last edited by kristilew; 09-10-2010 at 02:24 PM.
kristilew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #49
AdventureLover67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristilew View Post
Cruises are not the deal for us, between DH being claustrophobic and me being able to relax for about 10 mintues before I get bored and have to "go do." (You're right about the military discount though: you picked that up from my reference to on-post hotels.)

We are tentatively looking at the Egypt trip for next year, but also seriously looking at Classic Journeys' Morrocco trip. Booking either has to wait for a couple of months as some other "stuff" in our life is a little unsettled at the moment. Leaning toward the Egypt ABD, assuming there are still slots left by the time we are ready to book.

We do have a house rented on St. John, BVI, in April, and are looking at some little trips as well. Of course, WDW is always a contender, but we are misisng food and wine festival this year in favor of a long weekend in the Outer Banks.

Keep us posted on what you decide! (And I'd love to hear a BC/AKL comparison!)
Too funny...we seem to have a LOT in common!

I would love to go on the Egypt ABD but hubby says "no way" to that one. I've always had a thing about the Pyramids, Sphinx and archaelogical stuff. It's one of my dreams to go at some point in my life but since there are so many other places on that list, I suppose I can wait!

Have you ever considered one of the volunteer vacations? I've done a bit of research and would love to go to the one on Easter Island. There is also one in Peru that looks interesting! India is also on that list.

We live in Virginia (5 years) but have not been to Outer Banks as of yet. It sounds beautiful though and maybe one day we'll get there.

Good luck with your choices and as soon as we decide I'll let you know. I'll also let you know the BC/AKL outcome!!

2002 Beach Club
2003 Contemporary
2007 Carribean Beach
2008 Old Key West
2009 DCL 7 Night Western Caribbean
2009 Carribean Beach
2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2010 7 Night Eastern Carribean
AdventureLover67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: