Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #2416
zxcv100
Earning My Ears

hi

im new here i like this site

over
zxcv100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #2417
MrsAB2
Earning My Ears

Hello All.

AWESOME site! Glad I have come across it as we may be traveling to Disney next year. Looking forward to all the helpful information.

BTW, where can I find the meaning to the various acronyms?

Thanks.
MrsAB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #2418
TheDisneyGirl
Live everyday like it's your last

Lurker, but new to posting

Hi Everyone
I am new to posting on the boards, but have been lurking and reading all the fun for some time now. Got a link sent to me from a friend and have been hooked since.

I am from outside of Boston, born and raised! I have two baby girls that I adore, and am a full time everything! I work full time for one of the largest companies in the world as an executive admin. My boss is fantastic and so understanding of my family life. I'm a wife to an amazing husband who is my best friend and my world. A mom to two special children, who are 2 and 4, and they are a lot of fun.. and LOVE Disney. Just like their mommy.

I love Disney World... have been twice, both times as an adult. And cannot wait to bring my girls there for a big trip (they haven't been yet, been reading the boards to get the courage to travel with them so little). I grew up on Disney, and Snow White is my favorite character (maybe because we look alike.) My first married ornament with my husband is actually of Snow White with her prince holding each other. It's is still my favorite ornament.

My favorite Disney moment was when I was there at the age of 22/23, and I was with my husband shopping at one of the stores on the boardwalk and this little girl was following me all over the store..hiding behind clothes..staring at me and running away. So, I started to play back..and she stopped in her tracks and asked me if I was Jasmin from the parade. That little girl not only made my day, but I played on that I was and she was so excited and gave me a hug crying.

I look forward to reading all of your experiences and ideas. It has helped me understand a lot of what Disney has to offer.

Take Care!

TheDisneyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #2419
OnceUponADream07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAB2 View Post
Hello All.

AWESOME site! Glad I have come across it as we may be traveling to Disney next year. Looking forward to all the helpful information.

BTW, where can I find the meaning to the various acronyms?

Thanks.
I had an old thread called "Abbreviations" but I have no idea how to link that to you. Perhaps you can find it in the "search" box??!! Good luck, it is a little tricky until you get the hang of it.

1982 (pre-kids), 1991, 1995, 1998, 1999 (DS only); 2000 & 2006 - Off-Site; 2004 & 2008 POR (ME, DH); 2009 ME, DH, DS, DD & DBFF - POR; 2010 (ME, DH) - CBR; 2011 OKW (ME, DH); 2012 POR FQ (ME, DH);2013 CS
OnceUponADream07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:11 AM   #2420
kleif
herve leger

Hi.My first post here. Planning a trip to Disney over Easter of 2011. Been surfing daily and getting excited every time I read something new. I discovered this Forum and already has been very helpful. Thanks.
kleif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #2421
jmendez24
Mouseketeer

also new.
I love Disney and love reading all the info.

I'm planning a trip within the next 6 months. This will be our family's 5th trip out there.
jmendez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #2422
cagenot
Mouseketeer

Hello, awesome site. I´ve been reading most forums for over 6 months now. Just visited orlando on vacation trip for 10 days and it was great !! Big thanks to everyone that gives such great tips and tricks to increase our enjoyment of the parks.
cagenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #2423
donzel28
Earning My Ears

hey!

thanks for the post..
donzel28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #2424
Granfan
DIS Veteran

Hi,
just joined. I need to know where to find out how to do everything. I figured out how to post but that's all I can do. Need a ticker, figure by name, subscribing procedure , etc. Where do I find directions? Thanks
Granfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #2425
liltinkerbell25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granfan View Post
Hi,
just joined. I need to know where to find out how to do everything. I figured out how to post but that's all I can do. Need a ticker, figure by name, subscribing procedure , etc. Where do I find directions? Thanks
click on someone's ticker that you like and it will lead you to a website with directions on how to make your own
2008 WDW

Wishing upon a star to stay on property soon!
liltinkerbell25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #2426
Nature Mom
I didn't survive Cancer to die of stress.

Just wanted to say hi and how much I am enjoying the site. We leave for our first ever WDW trip in 9 days, and I can't wait! I have found so much great advice on this board, and so I lurk no longer!

Nature Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #2427
dancin
Earning My Ears

Howdy! My name is Dan, and I have been lurking here for a few months now. I am a recent addition to the Disney fan club- my wife grew up going to Disney World, and her parents are DVC members. However, until recently I had only been to Disney once when I was a little kid, and did not remember much of anything.

So, when my wife's parents (she was my fiancee at the time) invited me to come down to Disney World with them in January of 2009, I was a little bit skeptical, thinking that Disney World was only for kids. Boy was I wrong! Not only did we go with her family in January of 2009, but we also went there for our honeymoon in November of 2009, and are returning for our anniversary this year (November 2010). Furthermore, we both currently dream of the day when we can finally afford to sign up for DVC. In fact, my wife sometimes makes fun of me, saying I am turning into her father with the whole Disney obsession thing... but you know she loves it.

Anyway, it has nice to meet you all, and you will see me posting soon with our pre-trip report for our trip this November!

~Dan

And then they made me their chief.
dancin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #2428
egads
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Finally joined up after following the Dis on twitter and then lurking about seeing all the great info. Only a little over 10 days until our next WDW trip - MNSSHP here we come
egads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #2429
MikkiMouse
Earning My Ears

Hello!
Just joined, looking good!
MikkiMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #2430
biglew
Earning My Ears

Hi! I'm a no0b here!
biglew is offline   Reply With Quote