DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #16
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

You are FABULOUS!!!! Thank you for the great data, along with the caveats.
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #17
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseaider View Post
Yes.... thanks for your heard work on this.

Before I offered to buy my resale for BWV, I spoke with my guide at Disney and asked very specifically about buying BCV from Disney and I was told there wasn't any available. That was a little over two weeks ago.

I wonder why ?
I've purchased three BCV contracts in the last three years from DVC.

They have the points, its just a matter of getting in line for your specific use year.

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #18
silmarg
SIL

one comment and one question.

comment: donald is #1 is a she, not a he

question: is there a way to filter just the warranty deeds on the OCC website? I was putzing around and could not find it - as I am curious if my ROFR purchase at SSR was the last ROFR of the year.
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #19
vassar36
Mouseketeer

Thanks for putting this together

BLT March 2014
AKL/VWL June 2013 BWV/VWL Nov 2012 AKV March 2012 BCV June 2011
POFQ-March 2010 , VWL -March 2009 POP- April 2008 WL - July 2007 POP- May 2006 Contempary-1970-1980's FW- in the 1980's
vassar36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #20
Disneypirate85
DIS Veteran

I find this information interesting Thank you....Shawn

Disneypirate85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #21
Disneypirate85
DIS Veteran

I find this information interesting Thank you....Shawn

Disneypirate85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #22
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Remember that any OKW extension refusals that may still be showing up will also appear as a recorded deed, so it skew the facts just a little bit. Certainly most of those hae been taken care of by now, though.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #23
Sunshine22
Mouseketeer

Great information! Thanks for taking the time to post.
Sunshine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #24
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
one comment and one question.

comment: donald is #1 is a she, not a he

question: is there a way to filter just the warranty deeds on the OCC website? I was putzing around and could not find it - as I am curious if my ROFR purchase at SSR was the last ROFR of the year.
Sorry about my mistake regarding Donald is #1's gender.

I don't know of any way to search just for the warranty deeds on the OCC website. If you discover how to do it, please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Remember that any OKW extension refusals that may still be showing up will also appear as a recorded deed, so it skew the facts just a little bit. Certainly most of those hae been taken care of by now, though.
I would have thought that most of OKW extension quitclaim deeds would have been recorded by now, but there seems to be a lot still being processed. I didn't pay attention to the dates on most of the OKW deeds, but several appeared to have been signed recently by the owners. Is it possible some people are not filing the quitclaim deeds until they visit WDW and then use DVD's notary service to complete the signing process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
Wow, 335 foreclosures (or equivalent) in two months is a LOT.

Especially when you realize that DVC sold most of their financing deals in the secondary market until it dried up a year or two ago. They really should not be holding that many mortgages...at least theoretically unless they had some recourse agreements.
Keep in mind that a foreclosure action is needed on each deed owned by a member in default. If an owner has three deeds and goes into default, then a separate Certificate of Title or Warranty Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure is filed on each deed.

I don't know the legal difference between a Certificate of Title and a Warranty Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. The former is an instrument of the Ninth Circuit Court of Florida and every one I saw involved Palm Financial versus a defendant. The latter appears to be an internal DVD instrument, so it appears it is used before the default issue escalates to the Circuit Court. Perhaps someone can explain the difference. Either way, DVD is reacquiring the title to the real estate interest.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #25
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post

I would have thought that most of OKW extension quitclaim deeds would have been recorded by now, but there seems to be a lot still being processed. I didn't pay attention to the dates on most of the OKW deeds, but several appeared to have been signed recently by the owners. Is it possible some people are not filing the quitclaim deeds until they visit WDW and then use DVD's notary service to complete the signing process?
That is certainly possible, especially for non-US owners who often have very high notary fees. Also, DVC may have not been able to contact some owners, contracts could have been tied up in estates or divorces, and DVC may just now begin putting a hold on point use unless you've extended or declined.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #26
lisa3635
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting. I love reading your posts about the sales data.
lisa3635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #27
StormalongKay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I don't know the legal difference between a Certificate of Title and a Warranty Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. The former is an instrument of the Ninth Circuit Court of Florida and every one I saw involved Palm Financial versus a defendant. The latter appears to be an internal DVD instrument, so it appears it is used before the default issue escalates to the Circuit Court. Perhaps someone can explain the difference. Either way, DVD is reacquiring the title to the real estate interest.
I'll attempt an explanation....although I am not a FL attorney so take this for what it is worth.

The Ninth Circuit Court is the FL state court for Orange and Osceola counties. When any mortgagee (Disney or a financing company) forecloses, it does so by filing a civil complaint with the Ninth Circuit court. The action proceeds, according to the state rules, to judgment (either uncontested or contested unsuccessfully). Then the judgment holder can apply to have the real estate interest sold at judicial sale so that the proceeds can be applied to satisfy the debt. The Certificate of Title is the document the court issues to legally recognize the transfer of ownership from the original DVC owner to the successful bidder at the sale. If Disney is the grantee of the Certificate of Title, then I presume that means Disney attended the judicial sale and bid the amount of the judgment (at least) to buy back the points.

Contrast that process with a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. I think your suspicions are correct - Disney obtained an agreement with the DVC member in default that avoided court proceedings. Perhaps Disney permitted the DVC member to deed back the points in return for forgiveness of the underlying loan and any unpaid MFs. Disney has incentive to do this to save court costs and attorney fees.

It makes sense to me that every Certificate of Title you saw involved Palm Financial rather than Disney. Palm Financial can't stand in the same position as Disney in negotiating a Deed in Lieu. If they tried to buy the points back from the defaulting DVC member (in return for forgiving a loan), Palm would be subject to ROFR. It is probably easier to initiate foreclosure in court, knowing that they will likely recover the debt at the judicial sale.

Hope that helps.....not sure if I am 100% correct but some of the above has to be true!
StormalongKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #28
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormalongKay View Post

Hope that helps.....not sure if I am 100% correct but some of the above has to be true!
Yes, it does help! Like you, I always wonder if what I say is 100% correct. I slowly piece together facts and observations with the experiences and knowledge of others, and hope that I'm headed in the right direction. As I have said before, perhaps I should change my screen name from wdrl to iwikwiwta (I wish I knew what I was talking about).
Old 08-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #29
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Interesting data! Thanks for digging it up!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Donald is #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #30
StormalongKay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormalongKay View Post
I'll attempt an explanation....although I am not a FL attorney so take this for what it is worth.

The Ninth Circuit Court is the FL state court for Orange and Osceola counties. When any mortgagee (Disney or a financing company) forecloses, it does so by filing a civil complaint with the Ninth Circuit court. The action proceeds, according to the state rules, to judgment (either uncontested or contested unsuccessfully). Then the judgment holder can apply to have the real estate interest sold at judicial sale so that the proceeds can be applied to satisfy the debt. The Certificate of Title is the document the court issues to legally recognize the transfer of ownership from the original DVC owner to the successful bidder at the sale. If Disney is the grantee of the Certificate of Title, then I presume that means Disney attended the judicial sale and bid the amount of the judgment (at least) to buy back the points.

Contrast that process with a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. I think your suspicions are correct - Disney obtained an agreement with the DVC member in default that avoided court proceedings. Perhaps Disney permitted the DVC member to deed back the points in return for forgiveness of the underlying loan and any unpaid MFs. Disney has incentive to do this to save court costs and attorney fees.

It makes sense to me that every Certificate of Title you saw involved Palm Financial rather than Disney. Palm Financial can't stand in the same position as Disney in negotiating a Deed in Lieu. If they tried to buy the points back from the defaulting DVC member (in return for forgiving a loan), Palm would be subject to ROFR. It is probably easier to initiate foreclosure in court, knowing that they will likely recover the debt at the judicial sale.

Okay, so I'm definitely not right 100% of the time....
Google Palm Financial and you will find that it is a Disney affiliate. So disregard my comments about Palm not standing in the same position as Disney!
StormalongKay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: