Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #106
pampam
DIS Veteran

Is there a handicap assesssable suite at the ASMu? Has anyone ever stayed there or seen it? How does is look?
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #107
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if all the area at POR have a roll in shower room..? We were booked to stay there next yr with a roll in shower room and was going to request an area closets to food court.. just wanted to make sure before I call for a request.. thanks.

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
disneyobessed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #108
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyobessed View Post
Does anyone know if all the area at POR have a roll in shower room..? We were booked to stay there next yr with a roll in shower room and was going to request an area closets to food court.. just wanted to make sure before I call for a request.. thanks.
Yes, both Alligator Bayou and the Mansions bldgs have fully accessible rooms. AB would be first floor as there are no elevators, but all mansion bldgs do have elevators. I know for sure AB has HC rooms in bldg 14 very near the food court/lobby/bus stop - we had one but cannot recall the room number. Enjoy POR!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #109
domiii
To all who come to this happy place, welcome! - Walter E. Disney

EVC and Treehouses?

DM uses an EVC because she has 2 knee replacements and is 84 yo. We plan to stay in a SSR Treehouse villa next May. She does not require a handicapped equiped villa and I would not want to ask for one as some one who truly needs might miss out.

Are there villas with a ramp or where would we be able to put/recharge the EVC? Your help is most appreciated.
05/87 BV Palace/Contemporary ... 11/89 HoJo's ... 07/92 CBR ... 08/97 PO ... 11/99 ASMu/ASMo ... 06/02 WL/Wonder ... 04/04 Pop Century ... 11/04 POFQ ... 12/05 Christmas Magic-DCL ... 08/06 SSR ... 11/07 SSR GV ... 03/08 ASMu (K&D) ... 06/08 SSR (KE w/JR) ... 11/08 Wonder/SSR ... 07/09 OKW/AKL GV-KV/OKW ... 05/10 CS ... 12/10 SSR GV ... 04/11 ASMu ... 06/11 Dream/THV ... 05/12 THV ... 10/12 AKL-KV

domiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #110
kathyk2
DIS Veteran

Is it too late to book a solo trip for either the first or second week of December? I'd like to stay at AllStar Music or Pop. I would need a tub seat and hand held shower since getting in and of the tub would be difficult by myself. Thanks for any advice. Kathy
Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #111
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb1124 View Post
We are scheduled to go to WDW in Dec in CR Tower. I have a roll in shower requested and confirmed it with the Special Reservations people.

Now I have read that these rooms only have a king bed - there are 3 adults (49, and 2 -70's) on our reservations. Is this true?

I've also read about the noise from Chef Mickey. I can tell you that a roll in shower for my dad is not worth the crabbiness that will ensue if we are jolted awake, morning noon or night from Chef Mickey! He's already said he'll sponge bathe if he has to, he just wants a quiet room!

Any info is appreciated. I've search the archives and found little on the location of the rooms or if the rooms are only king.

Thanks!
We stayed at the CR last October in an accessible room and it had two queen beds and a sofa bed (single). It was a large room and easy to manuever in (except for the shower - it was a little small but we made it work).
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #112
Nanajo1
DIS Veteran

I've read all 8 pages and looked at work2play's great work sheet but I could not determine what units are HA.
TIA
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Offsite 5/78,CR 11/85,BWV 3/99,OKW 11/99, BWV 3/01,OKW 11/01, BWV 3/02, BWV 1/03, OKW 11/03, BWV 2/04, BWV 11/04, BWV 2/05, OKW 11/05, BWV 2/06, AKL 11/06, BWV 11/06, BWV 02/07,OKW 11/07, BWV 02/08, BWV 11/08, BWV 02/09, BWV 11/09,VWL 01/10,OKW 02/10,BWV 11/10, AKV 11/10,BLT 03/11,OKW 03/11,BWV 11/11,AKL 02/12,BWV 03/12, BWV 11/12,OKW 02/13,AKL 03/13, BWV 11/13,OKW 11/13, OKW 02/14,AKLK 03/14, OKW 10/14,BWV 10/14
[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/1l5laeked1k6rb
Nanajo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #113
pugdog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
Hi,

We are planning on staying at CSR!! This will be our frist stay!!! My question is what area would have a HC room close to the food court? My DD 16 is in a WC and would like to refill her mug or make a purchase such as a snack. We stayed at the CBR last may but the foodcourt was far away from our HC room!!!! It was close to a quiet pool and bus stop but the food court was too far for her to travel!!!!!! Any suggestions????
We have stayed in 1,3 and 4 which is close to the food and buses.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #114
pugdog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post
Does anyone know if there are accessible rooms with a roll-in shower in Casitas 4 or 5 at CSR? I am going on my honeymoon, and i like that these are located at the first bus stop, so i am more likely to get on the bus with my chair. also, they seem more remote, and a little quieter - always a plus for the honeymoon!

if not there, does anyone know where the accessible rooms are at coronado springs?
Yes there is, we have stayed in both of those buildings. 1 and 3 are also nice to stay in.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #115
Tikihula
DIS Veteran

A friend of mine has two standard view studios reserved for January 2011 at Kidani Village, one of which is fully H/A (roll-in shower) for her adult son who is in a wheelchair. I'm trying to help her figure out what section of the resort they might be located in. When I called the resort the CM said they were, "scattered all over the resort." I'm sure there are a very limited number of studios with standard views with roll-in showers. Does anyone know where they might be located?

I know she won't be located right next door to her son and his friend, since she and her husband will also be in a standard view studio. They requested as close as possible and it's noted on the reservation.

Thanks for any insight or information on the fully H/A room locations that anyone can provide.

Bev
Tikihula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:07 AM   #116
barrysprot36
Mouseketeer

Has anyone stayed in an accessible Inn Room at Vero Beach? Just wondering where they are situated, hopefully not on the first floor.

Caron

Aug '97 ~ DLP Sequia Lodge
Aug '02 ~ WDW Indian Ridge Villa
Aug '03 ~ DLP Newport Bay
July '04 ~ CBR
July '06 ~ CR, RPR, AKL
Aug '07 ~ CBR, Poly, free DDP
Aug '08 ~ POFQ, BCV, GF,
May '09 ~ WL CL Aug '09 ~ OKW, VB, SSR, BLT Dec '09 ~ Pop, OKW, BLT, CR Atrium & BCV
May '10 ~ Pop, POR & OKW Aug '10 ~ CSR, RPR & BLT Oct '10 ~ BWV, AKV & BLT
May '11 ~ Sunset Lakes Villa & Vero Beach
July'12 ~ BCV, BLT & Sunset Lakes Villa
Nov'12 ~ DLP Newport Bay
April'13 ~ Pop, RPR & BLT August'13 ~ BLT & OKW
May'14 ~ VGF & Kidani September'14 ~ WBTA, RPR & BLT
barrysprot36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #117
LouiseS
Earning My Ears

wilderness lodge villa one bedroom

I will be traveling with my paralyzed husband, twin 2 yr olds and my able-bodied sister (god bless her) this May. we plan to stay in a one bedroom villa at the wilderness lodhe villas. Our travel agent was told "all rooms are wheelchair accessible" but when I called I was told to request a "handicap accessible" room for the accessible bathroom.
Does this sound right to anyone?
thanks so much
LouiseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #118
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Yes, it makes sense. All rooms in Wilderness Lodge are served by elevators, so there are no stairs to reach any of the rooms, and all doors are wide enough for wheelchairs to fit through with no problem.

To reserve an accessible suite, you need to call Disney (or have your travel agent call) and ask for one to be reserved for you.

There are two types of accessible rooms, one with a roll in shower and ones without (but with extra handrails). I imagine you want one with a roll-in shower.

There is the number for special services in the FAQs at the top of the page, or you can call the regular contact number and they will direct you appropriately.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
KPeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #119
weswife
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the WL for our 2010 trip! The HC room was great! We had a roll in shower! The view was great, we could see fireworks! We enjoyed the balcony. DD loved it. She uses a wheelchair fulltime. The elevators were great.

For our 2011 trip we are doing a split stay! We have decided to stay at CSR and BC!!! Hope this is great trip too!
Old 12-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #120
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

We were there at the same time as Weswife. We were in room 1015 just past the Roaring Forks, seemed to be alot of HC rooms down there. Roll in shower with adjoing room. The photos on the first page that Bill Sears posted show the set up of these rooms very well.
We had stayed in this very room a few years ago and didn't have a problem this time however the ADA height toilet was not present and we had a standard height toilet, not sure if they replaced it because of a problem with the old one and just used the first one they had. We are letting WDW know so hopefully they will fix this problem.

DW shot a short video of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSzM5hS9Hrs

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Capt. Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: