Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #632
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Are you sure it wasn't CUTE MAN and cute child?
Honestly, I dunno. I never saw his face. And don't even GO THERE with any comments on his back side. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post
I also can't believe how green everything is!
Honestly, I loved that the most about CBR and the Poly.
I mean, I'd stay in a broom closet to go to Disney, but I miss that part when I stay at POP and the other values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Well...you must be amazing...because I actually have a desire to wake up early on vacation and go walking around the resort...
LOL! I do it all the time because, in a way, I HAVE to. I need to do something with myself. I'm not the type who can just laze around in bed, unfortunately. I'd recommend trying it at least once. Timing it as the sun is just over the horizon is perfect with all the purples, pinks and oranges!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
You probably don't know this, without having read the very beginnings of my PTR, but some of my upcoming trip in Sept. is all about my gram as well. It was she who instilled my deep love of all things Disney, and I yearn to just sit and contemplate all that she was to me in a place she would have loved (we always went to DLR together when I was a child). If I may wax for a spell... her favorite drink was an apricot sour, and I am determined to have a silent toast in her honor at the Brown Derby (I'll be solo at that point). This was HER kind of place-being themed with her era, and I can't help that if she were alive, we would have really enjoyed being there together in a place like that!
I feel a lot of love in Disney, and it's not just the Mouse's Magic (or any of the alcoholic beverages I consume LOL)! I think that's a big reason why I keep going back.

Oh.

And to you and your gram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Ah, it's so good to have you back and regaling us with tales, Tink!!!
Good to be back. I saw a picture of Harrison Ford the other day with Spielberg and Lucas. I immediately thought of you. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I love early morning walks at Disney! I think there is just a certain play of sunlight across those buildings that can't be found anywhere else.
It's like the smell of the GCH and the monorail. It's like the taste of an Itzakadoozie or a Mexican Margarita. All of those things can be had elsewhere but somehow they're better in Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I didn't realize how much I had been missing this trip report!!
That IS you that recently became my friend of FB, yes? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I think on my next trip I'm going to go for an early morning walk and just enjoy the resort! What a splendid idea!!!!
DO IT!

(No pressure.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I can't express how jealous I am that you can do this. I have to get up at 5 am daily too, but my internal alarm wants nothing to do with being up at that hour. I can't tell you how often I oversleep and am running out the door barely presentable to be able to catch my train. On days off, my internal alarm is thrilled that it doesn't have to get up until about 7 or so. I live with the hope that one of these days it will get with the program.
There are mornings my wiring is faulty, it's just not often and NEVER on vacation. BF is often the same way, so I might have company on my morning walks in September, but I think we'll do our best to stay in bed until at least 6:30.

Look at us.
We're wild.
We're crazy.
Sleeping in so "late".

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I'm a bit scared about your scratchy throat though. Over the years I've become well acquainted with the Disney scratchy throat. Never really ends well.
Never really ends well is right.

On a better note, cough drops aren't as expensive in the World as one might think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a lovely update! Thank you for sharing your morning walk, I feel invigorated and peaceful after walking with you.

If TK and I have an accord, I'd like to write the next chapter about the rest of our evening at MK.

Aye?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #633
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I'd love for you to write the next chapter!

I think it will probably be more interesting coming from your perspective anyway, given some of the...entertainment...I was providing that evening.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #634
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Yes it is me that recently became your FB friend! I do so enjoy FB LOL!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 05-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #635
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Well fan-freakin'-tastic......yet ANOTHER resort that I simply must try!!

Srsly, how gorgeous is that place?!.....I never knew. I'm with you on the early morning coffee walks (I think Zzub may indeed have coined that term....). And I'd like to pull up one of them there hammocks!.....looks like a great place to spend a lazy afternoon.

SO happy to see you back here Tink!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #636
TarzansKat

Hey folks! Tink is gone on vacation for about the next ten days or so, but I know she wants to do the next update. I'll try to see if I can fill in with anything in the mean time, like my rapier wit and charm.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #637
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 07-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #638
TarzansKat

Baby Squirt

(This same post will be on my other trip reports.)

I've been thinking of DIS names for the kiddos. Instead of DS1 and DS2...which kind of makes me think of Dr. Suess and Thing 1 and Thing 2, I think we'll go with a Nemo theme.

When, DS1 was little, he adored Nemo. We watched it every day for quite some time. Henceforth, he'll be Nemo.

And, in my mind, I've been thinking of the new baby as Squirt. I even bought a Squirt plush for him in Disney long before I knew if he was a boy or a girl, because I figured Squirt was gender nuetral enough to be a cool plush toy for either.

Long story short, Squirt will be making his debut on the EAC very shortly.

I've discussed it with my doctor's office, and I'm scheduled to be induced on Monday. For those of you who know me on Facebook, please just keep this on the DIS. I'm not going to post anything on there at this time.

I may be going in on Sunday night (if my cervix isn't thinned enough) but the last time I was checked, it was thinning on its own. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and that's when we'll decide if I have to go in on Sunday night and have a gel put on, or if I will go in on Monday morning for the straight induction.

DH and I are really excited.

My sister and her husband are arriving on Monday night, with plans to sleepover my father's house with Nemo. Nemo is thrilled that his aunt and uncle are coming, that he gets to sleep over my dad's, and there's been talk of teaching Nemo how to ride a two wheel bike, which my sister insists on purchasing for him. She's really doing everything she can (as the older sibling, I'm sure she remembers what it was like when I was born) to make this special for Nemo, and it's really heartwarming for me.

And bittersweet. My mom and Nemo had a ton of plans for when Squirt was due to arrive, and, obviously, those won't happen. So as we forge ahead and make new plans, we are happy, and sad, all at once.

Since I've been on maternity leave, I've really been missing my mom. I have more time to think about her, and part of me is still in shock that she's not here. It seems surreal.

I know she'll be with me in spirit, which is comforting, but my heart wants her physical presence, no matter how much my head knows its not possible.

At any rate, I appreciate all your love and support, and how excited you've all been about this baby coming. In some ways, it's almost like you've given me little pieces of her enthusiasm, and for that, I'm really, truly grateful.

And, heck, I'm grateful that come Monday / Tuesday, I won't be pregnant anymore!!!!

We can't wait to hold Squirt in our arms, and welcome this addition to our family. Unless I get checked out tomorrow and have progressed farther than I thought, that's the game plan. I'll definitely keep you posted, if not myself, than through Tink or LegoMom.

And again, thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #639
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

you're in my thoughts and prayers, good luck my Lovely
Old 07-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #640
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
you're in my thoughts and prayers, good luck my Lovely
It's you!!! How are you, dearie?

And thank you.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #641
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's you!!! How are you, dearie?

And thank you.
Apart from being a really pants Diser I'm doing well. Life's been very busy between new job, surge in cake orders, facebook taking up a fair bit of my computer time and life in general being a bit mental We are not returning to WDW until Aug 2012 so I've not been on the Dis so much but now that we're nearly in August and that will mean it's LESS than two years til our trip I need to get my but in gear so you'll see me about these parts tons more.

So glad to hear your pregnancy has gone well and you're headed for the final straight now make sure you get plenty rest in before the baba makes his appearance
Old 07-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #642
TarzansKat

Quote:
Apart from being a really pants Diser I'm doing well. Life's been very busy between new job, surge in cake orders, facebook taking up a fair bit of my computer time and life in general being a bit mental We are not returning to WDW until Aug 2012 so I've not been on the Dis so much but now that we're nearly in August and that will mean it's LESS than two years til our trip I need to get my but in gear so you'll see me about these parts tons more

So glad to hear your pregnancy has gone well and you're headed for the final straight now make sure you get plenty rest in before the baba makes his appearance
I'm glad to hear that you're doing well, even if life is a bit crazy!

I'm not exactly sure when we'll be headed back to the World. I have lots of different ideas in regard to that, but most of it hinges on what kind of a baby Squirt is.

I'm trying to rest. It's tough, but we do the best we can. I'm so looking forward to Monday.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #643
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure when we'll be headed back to the World. I have lots of different ideas in regard to that, but most of it hinges on what kind of a baby Squirt is.

I'm trying to rest. It's tough, but we do the best we can. I'm so looking forward to Monday.
I don't know if you are aware of this but I'm a bit psychic and I have a feeling that the best time for Squirt to visit the world for the first time would be the beginning of Aug'12 just sayin' what I see
Old 07-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #644
TarzansKat

Quote:
I don't know if you are aware of this but I'm a bit psychic and I have a feeling that the best time for Squirt to visit the world for the first time would be the beginning of Aug'12 just sayin' what I see

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: