Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
dyna
DIS Veteran

Cheap easy desserts that hold up well in heat

I need to make 3 or 4 different desserts that will hold up well in the heat I have to make them on Thursday nite so DH can deliver them early Friday afternoon. They will not be served till early Saturday evening.

Sugar free is good to not for all the desserts but for at least 1 or 2 of them many diabetics among us.
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

I usually bring a tray of brownies &/or rice crispy treats ( I made both for a BBQ yesterday), cookies are a great treat as well. Diabetics can have sugar, but they would need to balance out the rest of their meal so having a sugar free one is a great idea. We have a few diabetics in my family (myself included) so I usually make a fresh fruit boat, but that would not last till Saturday and be very appetizing. All of my diabetic friendly desserts are too fragile to last the length of time you need. Sorry.
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2010, 05:44 AM   #3
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

Some sort of cake is always nice - without frosting or cream or anything. lemon drizzle is nice and refreshing and will stay moist. There's a good recipe on recipezaar
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #4
jgive
Mouseketeer

Brownies or cookies are definitely a good idea. Send me a PM if you would like my favorite recipes.

The only sugar-free items I have made are cheesecake and coffee cake so those probably won't work. If you do a google search you will probably come up with some options.

Upcoming
2014: First Disney Cruise! 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic, Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend; 2015: Glass Slipper Challenge!

2014-Flower & Garden Festival, PHM 5K, WDW Marathon Weekend 10k; 2013-Villians Pin Event, D23 Expo, PHM 5k; 2011-F&G Festival; 2010-Wine & Dine Half-Marathon Relay; 2009-F&W Festival; 2008-WDW Half-marathon, F&W Festival,Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13k; 2007-WDW Half-Marathon
jgive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
wide awake
Nuts are good
I think vacation planning is the best therapy in the world
I do have cute tennis shoes

Try a homemade, or box mix, angel food. Not much sugar so even diabetics can have it, and it will hold up well in the heat. The store bought ones are gross and way too sweet, if you've never made it at home you will be amazed. You can include some Hershey's syrup for those who want a little drizzle of chocolate. The rice crispie bars are a great suggestion. A loaf of banana or zucchini bread would travel well too.
wide awake is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: