Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #451
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

So happy your neck is feeling better and I'll be following along from work during your trip.
TinkLoverSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #452
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #453
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

Glad you are feeling better. We miss each other at POFQ by just a few days.
amyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #454
Mickeefan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girli565 View Post
Friday I will be at MK but probably for the extra hours. But we could totes do lunch Friday afternoon. I'm staying at POFQ, want to meet there? Say 1pm? I'll text you when we arrive in WDW.

Charmizane will be there Friday i think, I'll ask her then land et you know when I text you Can't wait to see you!!
POFQ @ 1pm will be great. I'll just take a bus from the MK and see you in the food court. Give me a text to confirm. I'm looking forward to meeting you. See you tomorrow @ POFQ! Yay

Mickeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #455
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

So, glad you're feeling better. I still have neck and back problems from a serious car accident almost 3 years ago, so I definitely can imagine what you are going through. Enjoy your wedding and time at WDW, we can't wait to hear about it once you get back

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #456
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Live TR-Day 1 The arrval

So, Danny works an overnight shift and didn't get home until 6am. He got in, came to bed and we slept until 8:30. We then had to go to run a few errands like buy cat litter and pick up meds for my neck. We wanted to leave by 10am but really didn't leave Miami until 11:30. We got on the road, we're driving in two cars, and made it to Francks at 3:30pm to drop off the favors and flutes.

We then drove over to Port Orleans French Quarter which will be our home for this trip... Except for two nights that we'll be at the Beach club.

We stopped into the food court, had gumbo and beniegts (sp?), long island iced teas at the pool bar and are now sleeping bc we've all had a long day.

See you all tomorrow!!

Last edited by girli565; 06-10-2010 at 06:50 PM.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #457
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

I can't wait for the TR, but don't worry about all of us if you get too busy with wedding stuff we can all be patiently waiting when you get back

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:16 AM   #458
DVC Bride 2011
Mouseketeer

So excited for you! Have a great time, I hope your neck is doing better!
DVC Bride 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:27 AM   #459
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Yay for live TRs! The Beignets sound soo good and now I'm considering switching from CBR to POFQ for our PS... maybe I shouldn't read TR's on an empty stomach!

I'm glad your feeling better- so excited for you!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #460
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
I can't wait for the TR, but don't worry about all of us if you get too busy with wedding stuff we can all be patiently waiting when you get back
I usually have time at night, like now. I'll probably miss Monday night and Tuesday but I'm home Wednesday so I'll recap then

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Bride 2011 View Post
So excited for you! Have a great time, I hope your neck is doing better!
it's better, I find that. Pain pill and a nice cocktail make it feel much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloirishkitty View Post
Yay for live TRs! The Beignets sound soo good and now I'm considering switching from CBR to POFQ for our PS... maybe I shouldn't read TR's on an empty stomach!

I'm glad your feeling better- so excited for you!
they are soooooo yummy the food court is a bit lacking but it still has good food.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #461
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Live TR day 2-Welcome Bag delivery day...

So today we got up, had delicious Mickey waffles and then started tackling the how and when of where the welcome bags go.

We sat down with the bags and started separating them by which hotel they go to. I had made labels that included the name on the reservation, reservation number, & date of check in.

We had 3 hotels to make deliveries to. Pop Century, All Star Movies, and All Star Music. The bulk of our bags went to Pop so we stopped there first. We had a huge box to deliver of 5 full to brim bags. We waited in the check in line, and as we got towards the front a woman stopped us, asked if we were checking in and when we explained what we were doing she happily took the box and reassured us she'd take care of it.

Next was All Star Music, we walked in and only had two bags to deliver, the moment we walked in a very nice greeter welcomed us and we explained what we were doing. He walked us right up to a check in desk and had the woman note everything on the guest's reservations and put the bag away for safe keeping.

Last was All Star Movies... They were not quite that helpful but we did finally end up getting the two bags where they needed to be when our guests check in on Sunday.

As of 6pm this evening our first 3 bags were delivered at check in at Pop!!

My cousin and her family are staying off site, so they met up with us at POFQ, had a late night snack and picked up their bags. I have some great pictures of the kids digging through their bag and freaking at what was in it !!!

For dinner tonight we ate at Kouzzina. Delicious!!! I love Kat Cora's food, Greek/Mediterranian food is one of my faves. We had a pitcher of sangria that left us feeling very good and went back to our hotel to hang atthe pool before my cousin (I mentioned above) came with the kids to meet up with us and get their bags too.

All in all a very good day!!
Old 06-12-2010, 06:36 AM   #462
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I am so impressed that you are writing a live report!! Things are sounding great so far, and I can't wait to see your pictures! Did you get any of the kids opening their welcome bags? It sounds like it would be a priceless picture. You must be so excited to be there - your day is almost here!!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:46 AM   #463
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I am so impressed that you are writing a live report!! Things are sounding great so far, and I can't wait to see your pictures! Did you get any of the kids opening their welcome bags? It sounds like it would be a priceless picture. You must be so excited to be there - your day is almost here!!
I did get tons of pics of the kids opening their bags. It was hilarious! They'd have something in their hands and then see something else and drop the last thing for something new. It was so much fun!!

I love doing this live. I'm usually up very early or am in bed awake while everyone else is sleeping so it's the perfect time to do it. Plus I have my iPhone that makes going on the boards very easy.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #464
Mickeefan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girli565 View Post
So today we got up, had delicious Mickey waffles and then started tackling the how and when of where the welcome bags go.

We sat down with the bags and started separating them by which hotel they go to. I had made labels that included the name on the reservation, reservation number, & date of check in.

We had 3 hotels to make deliveries to. Pop Century, All Star Movies, and All Star Music. The bulk of our bags went to Pop so we stopped there first. We had a huge box to deliver of 5 full to brim bags. We waited in the check in line, and as we got towards the front a woman stopped us, asked if we were checking in and when we explained what we were doing she happily took the box and reassured us she'd take care of it.

Next was All Star Music, we walked in and only had two bags to deliver, the moment we walked in a very nice greeter welcomed us and we explained what we were doing. He walked us right up to a check in desk and had the woman note everything on the guest's reservations and put the bag away for safe keeping.

Last was All Star Movies... They were not quite that helpful but we did finally end up getting the two bags where they needed to be when our guests check in on Sunday.

As of 6pm this evening our first 3 bags were delivered at check in at Pop!!

My cousin and her family are staying off site, so they met up with us at POFQ, had a late night snack and picked up their bags. I have some great pictures of the kids digging through their bag and freaking at what was in it !!!

For dinner tonight we ate at Kouzzina. Delicious!!! I love Kat Cora's food, Greek/Mediterranian food is one of my faves. We had a pitcher of sangria that left us feeling very good and went back to our hotel to hang atthe pool before my cousin (I mentioned above) came with the kids to meet up with us and get their bags too.

All in all a very good day!!
Whew! You did have a busy day. I'm sorry we couldn't get together. If I have some time today, I'll text you. Have a great day @ Disney!

Mickeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #465
KR1343
Mouseketeer

Happy Wedding Day!!!!
KR1343 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: