Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
Corbin3
Mouseketeer

Best way to get from Disney to Seaworld?

We are thinking about a Disney trip in September. This will be our 5th time so we've seen pretty much everything and were wondering if we can shake things up a bit and also do Universal/SeaWorld. We usually stay onsite at Disney and don't rent a car. Is there an easy and not so expensive way to get from Disney to Universal/Seaworld?

Or would we be better off staying onsite at Universal for 2 or 3 days and then switching to Disney? If so what's the best way to change hotels? Help!
Corbin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
JLR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin3 View Post
We are thinking about a Disney trip in September. This will be our 5th time so we've seen pretty much everything and were wondering if we can shake things up a bit and also do Universal/SeaWorld. We usually stay onsite at Disney and don't rent a car. Is there an easy and not so expensive way to get from Disney to Universal/Seaworld?

Or would we be better off staying onsite at Universal for 2 or 3 days and then switching to Disney? If so what's the best way to change hotels? Help!
Disney to Sea World:
1. Cheapest Option: Take #50 LYNX bus from TTC or Downtown Disney to Sea World
Click here to link to the LYNX schedule It leaves TTC at 1 minute and 31 minutes after the hour (running every 1/2 hour from 6:31 am - 12:01 am) and leaves DTD at 19 and 49 minutes after each hour. You can return at 10# and 40# after the hour from 5:40 am to 11:10 pm It is $2.00 each way for an adult and $1.00 for a child (young babies may be free).

2. You can arrange a Shuttle through Mears Transportation I think it should be $18 pp round trip

3. You can get a cab, Mears' fare estimator indicates it is about 10 miles from Epcot to Sea World with an estimated fare of $23.65 each way, so if you have 3 people, the cab is cheaper than the shuttle. When we did this, it was a tiny bit less. They have big cab vans which I think cost the same as the ones that look like yellow town cars.

4. You can also schedule a towncar for $37 each way

This link should get you to a PDF of their current prices

5. You can rent a car right at Disney for about $35 pd - check out Mousesavers for latest Coupons I considered that but I've never driven in Orlando before.

Now - in terms of staying somewhere else - there may be other reasons to stay for a few days at a Universal resort:

Travel time - I think time on a vacation is precious.

Front of the line access - if you stay at a Universal resort you get front of the line access at Universal Resorts.

Then you would need to rent a car or take a cab or a town car from your Universal resort to the Disney one. Also remember that you will not be able to take the Magical Express from the airport if you are going to a Universal Resort, but I think you can still take it back to the airport.

I hope this is helpful!
JLR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
pooch
I feel so special now!!

and is the Lynx bus

fairly easy? Where at the TTC would you get it? Its just DBr & me so no kids. I was thinking of having breakfast at Kona and then just walking to the TTC to get the bus, then getting off at DTD on the return trip for dinner at WPC that evening. Doable? Easy? SW is only open until 6PM in Sept so we'd probably have 6-7 hrs (does the bus take long?) to tour.

pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
JLR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
fairly easy? Where at the TTC would you get it? Its just DBr & me so no kids. I was thinking of having breakfast at Kona and then just walking to the TTC to get the bus, then getting off at DTD on the return trip for dinner at WPC that evening. Doable? Easy? SW is only open until 6PM in Sept so we'd probably have 6-7 hrs (does the bus take long?) to tour.
I picked up the LYNX at Downtown Disney by a fluke chance and was shown by the Disney bus driver exactly where to go. But another DISer has described how to use the LYNX from the TTC:

"Emma's Dad" has a nice description in his Completed Disney TR ("What's your problem" with a map on the page "We're not in Disney World anymore Toto" Just click to link directly there.

I think it would be really great if the moderators could sticky this - this question is very frequently asked!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
pooch
I feel so special now!!

thanks so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR View Post
I picked up the LYNX at Downtown Disney by a fluke chance and was shown by the Disney bus driver exactly where to go. But another DISer has described how to use the LYNX from the TTC:

"Emma's Dad" has a nice description in his Completed Disney TR ("What's your problem" with a map on the page "We're not in Disney World anymore Toto" Just click to link directly there.

I think it would be really great if the moderators could sticky this - this question is very frequently asked!
what a great description of the process. Now, one more question, where is the bus stop at DTD, appears to be on the West Side?

Old 05-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
JLR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
what a great description of the process. Now, one more question, where is the bus stop at DTD, appears to be on the West Side?
I had not been to DTD before - so I don't know where we were. Maybe someone else can answer this. I would ask your Disney bus driver.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
JLR
DIS Veteran

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/maps/index.php?showmap=39

I think if you look in the upper right hand corner there is an intersection and to get to the bus stop, we crossed the street from the Marketplace and the bus stop was about 30 feet to the right.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
coup2516
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. What is the fastest way from Disney to Seaworld? We are thinking about staying at AKL and making a trip to Seaworld. All signs are pretty much pointing to renting a car so far.
coup2516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
pooch
I feel so special now!!

Thank you

Quote:
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/maps/index.php?showmap=39

I think if you look in the upper right hand corner there is an intersection and to get to the bus stop, we crossed the street from the Marketplace and the bus stop was about 30 feet to the right.
At this point, the plan is to have breakfast at Kona, walk to the TTC to catch the bus to SW. On the return, get off at DTD, have dinner at WPE the spend the evening strolling around DTD. Looks pretty easy to me. We aren't looking for the fastest trip, just something easy & convenient.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
yekcoh_99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Disney to Sea World:
Click here to link to the LYNX schedule It leaves TTC at 1 minute and 31 minutes after the hour (running every 1/2 hour from 6:31 am - 12:01 am) and leaves DTD at 19 and 49 minutes after each hour. You can return at 10# and 40# after the hour from 5:40 am to 11:10 pm It is $2.00 each way for an adult and $1.00 for a child (young babies may be free).

2. You can arrange a Shuttle through Mears Transportation I think it should be $18 pp round trip

3. You can get a cab, Mears' fare estimator indicates it is about 10 miles from Epcot to Sea World with an estimated fare of $23.65 each way, so if you have 3 people, the cab is cheaper than the shuttle. When we did this, it was a tiny bit less. They have big cab vans which I think cost the same as the ones that look like yellow town cars.

5. You can rent a car right at Disney for about $35 pd - check out Mousesavers for latest Coupons I considered that but I've never driven in Orlando before.

Now - in terms of staying somewhere else - there may be other reasons to stay for a few days at a Universal resort:

Front of the line access - if you stay at a Universal resort you get front of the line access at Universal Resorts.

Then you would need to rent a car or take a cab or a town car from your Universal resort to the Disney one. Also remember that you will not be able to take the Magical Express from the airport if you are going to a Universal Resort, but I think you can still take it back to the airport.

I hope this is helpful!
Thanks
2009 Pop Century - 1st Family Trip!
2010 Animal Kingdom Villas Savannah View
(First DVC trip!)
2011 Beach Club Villas (Finally)
2012 Wilderness Lodge Villas
2013 Beach Club Villas
2013 Beach Club Villas
yekcoh_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #11
Kathysf1014
Earning My Ears

xxx
Kathysf1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
Kathysf1014
Earning My Ears

I'm sorry that was an error
Kathysf1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
magerzoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Disney to Sea World:

I hope this is helpful!
Thank you soooo much for posting!! We were just pricing Taxi's with tip and it will be MUCH more reasonable to take LYNX bus!! Very helpful!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
Chipndalenut
It's all pure magic, wrapped up in Pixie dust !!!

Does anyone know if this schedule is still current? We are going to WDW in October and are spending 1 day at Sea World. Is Route 50 still the correct schedule to look at? If not, which one is correct if we leave from the TTC?

Thank you so much for your help

Wendy

DH Mike

DD Macy:
Chipndalenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #15
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

what is the access like on the Lynx bus for wheelchairs?
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: