Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #901
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

As everyone knows by now, the plans for PI are to outsource the venues to 3rd party operators. As an update to that, one of my connected sources has told me that there are still no contracts signed by anyone for anything. In other words, nothing is going to happen on PI anytime soon, except perhaps the demolition of the RRBC building due to extensive mold.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #902
OldsDr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
As everyone knows by now, the plans for PI are to outsource the venues to 3rd party operators. As an update to that, one of my connected sources has told me that there are still no contracts signed by anyone for anything. In other words, nothing is going to happen on PI anytime soon, except perhaps the demolition of the RRBC building due to extensive mold.

BobK/Orlando
This is too sad. RRBC was 2nd favorite behind AC. I still remeber going there and it being all dark when the rest of the island was still up and running. Being told that they "sold" it to somone who would be opening up a new club.
OldsDr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #903
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

save PI blog reader reports DJ/VJ auditions 4/22 inside Motion. Anyone have any more info? It is not yet posted on disneyauditions.com

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #904
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
save PI blog reader reports DJ/VJ auditions 4/22 inside Motion. Anyone have any more info? It is not yet posted on disneyauditions.com
Interesting. I have no basis for this whatsoever, but I wonder if they're considering temporarily reopening a club for Gay Days. To me, it seems like that would be a smart move - I remember how packed the island always was during Gay Days, and I have to wonder if they regret losing that business to other places.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #905
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurvy View Post
Interesting. I have no basis for this whatsoever, but I wonder if they're considering temporarily reopening a club for Gay Days. To me, it seems like that would be a smart move - I remember how packed the island always was during Gay Days, and I have to wonder if they regret losing that business to other places.
I'm not gay, but if it would help reopen the island I may reconsider...

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #906
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maistre Gracey View Post
I'm not gay, but if it would help reopen the island I may reconsider...

MG

There are so many rumors out there, it's hard to say. It seems to me the reworking of 8-trax into an "ultra lounge" is the best guess, but who knows. Doing so by gay days could be a stretch though.

Motion is already operational though, it seems it would make sense, but there are a lot of pissed of gay ppl about the closing. Idk how many would come back over just going to Phouse over that time frame.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #907
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

If they reopened any of the clubs during Gay Days, I'd be there and so would hundreds of others that are not gay. THAT is the pent-up demand for a dance club on Pleasure Island!

But if Comedy Warehouse is returning in some form, did that venue have any kind of DJ? Hate to admit it, but I never set foot in there!

BobK/Orlando
Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #908
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible

I REALLY want Comedy Warehouse to come back as it was & still remains my favorite club & I have a lot of friends who worked there. No DJ, just Carol or Jamie on the keys. There was a lot of cues but it was done via computer.

I hope it does come back, i'd love to see improv comedy return to PI in 2010, here's hoping.

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013, 2014 & Christmas 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort- Christmas 2014
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014 & Christmas 2014

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #909
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

One CM I know is easy to find is TeenaS, who posts mostly on the Resort Boards - because she is a greeter at the Beach Club and occasionally the Yacht Club.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #910
lovemickeyshouse
DISNEY LOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDJPrinceCharming View Post
I REALLY want Comedy Warehouse to come back as it was & still remains my favorite club & I have a lot of friends who worked there. No DJ, just Carol or Jamie on the keys. There was a lot of cues but it was done via computer.

I hope it does come back, i'd love to see improv comedy return to PI in 2010, here's hoping.
Who was the older guy who played the keys he was a funny dude I thought he was the fulltimer but Carol said oh no he is just here parttime but a really funny dude he was .
First deluxe stay Wilderness Lodge Dec 2010 with parents,Sis,Bro in Law 3 nrphews one of which my godson and his first Disney trip.September 2009 Pop 33rd Bday free dining trip was awesome. Been at Pop once in 2008 for World Series game 2 in Tampa and Port Orleans Riverside March 2008 family trip with parents and sis's family
It all started in 1980 and then 1985 and 1988 .No trips for 17 years and in 2005 I was at my 2nd home for the Superbowl what a story and since my Disney love went on. Can't wait for my next trip is the Hooneymoon in November 2012. Check out my internet show at [url]www.philliebeerman.com
lovemickeyshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #911
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemickeyshouse View Post
Who was the older guy who played the keys he was a funny dude I thought he was the fulltimer but Carol said oh no he is just here parttime but a really funny dude he was .
I almost completely forgot about Jim Roberts, probably because I never saw him too much. He was a sub mostly as I usually got Carol or Jamie at the shows I went to. Jim is really funny though, I definitely agree.

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013, 2014 & Christmas 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort- Christmas 2014
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014 & Christmas 2014

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #912
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Thinking of days (and nights) gone by...

As we were unpacking some old collectibles (probably only to us) the other day we came across "tooters" (test tube shot glasses) for 8-Tracks and Neon Armadilo... I know we have some more goodies somewhere...

ALSO....

In the current Vinylmation offering the "kicker" (unlisted) is a vinyl Mickey with the word KONGALOOSH emblazzed across his back... now why would they do that ?????

Just to rub salt in the wound I suppose!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #913
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeadPirate View Post
As we were unpacking some old collectibles (probably only to us) the other day we came across "tooters" (test tube shot glasses) for 8-Tracks and Neon Armadilo... I know we have some more goodies somewhere...
Whenever I am going through our "adult bevarage" cabinet, I have to stop and admire our 6 tiny plastic AC shot-glasses...from back in the day when they had the "Beer Taste Test" - for us this was the late nineties....we also have a PI plastic cup in our regular glass cabinet with all the clubs listed on the side.

....those were the days my friend!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #914
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

Yeah, in park 4 series of vinylmation is the Colonel. But I'll be darn if I will buy a bunch of vinylmations I don't want to try and get a Col.
DH and I happened to be in DTD during the soft opening of the new vinylmation store on the West Side. (Waiting to enter AMC for Alice in Wonderland 3D.)
Steve, the main pin man, was there. Apparently he is over the vinylmations too.
I suggested to Steve he sell a series/set of AC vinylmations. I think that idea has been floating around in his head.
I told him I would even buy a large vinylmation of the Col or another AC character.

Awhile back I had a collage photo mug made from my photos of AC and CW. Disney wouldn't supply it. So I created my own product through snapfish. I happily would have bought a $25 AC/CW mug from Disney if they had offered it.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #915
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
Several PI sources tell me that this is just their annual DJ/VJ auditions. They like to have a staff of good quality jocks to use at ADH, Celebrate Tonight and anywhere else that they need them. Unfortunately, from what I've been toldl, they're not hiring to reopen any venues on Pleasure Island.

BobK/Orlando

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: