Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
Serling126
Mouseketeer

Finally going back to WDW!!

Hello all! I have been to WDW twice before (1997 & 2002), but I am in the midst of planning a trip in August that will be the first visit for my girls, ages 6 and 4. My grandma is going to a convention in Orlando and she invited me and the girls along to stay in her hotel room since she had to pay for one anyways!! How could I say no??

I have been doing some low-key preliminary planning for the past few months, but didn't say anything to the girls just in case something happened and plans fell through, but we were over at my Grandma's a few weeks ago and she asked the girls if they were excited to be going to Disney!! Wellll I guess we are definitely going now!!!

So for the past week or so I have really thrown myself into planning... went out and got my Unofficial Guide, which I used last time I went, and the girls and I started talking about what Disney World is all about. I got out my pics from our last trips so they could have a visual reference, and we looked at a bunch of videos online so I could gauge their reaction at some of the "big" rides. The younger one is currently 38.5" tall, so I am hoping she will have a growth spurt between now and August so she reaches 40", because she loved the videos of the Splash & Thunder Mountains.

Right now I am most concerned about the heat in August, and the fact that my husband is not going (girls only this trip But I think if we just take it slow and easy, we will have a great time!!!
Serling126 is offline   Reply With Quote