Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-27-2010, 08:37 AM   #856
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 966

screamscape has a new rumour on what could be going on with PI - apparently Disney are considering some kind of night time show on the water at downtown which could involve the removal of some of the structures currently at PI.

Thats about as far as the rumour goes so far, other than to expect the show to be the "usual suspects of water screens, fire, lights and more, in sync with music"

World of color coming to downtown disney maybe?


Sounds extremely unlikely to me. But if it was true, I assume they'd make it ticketed somehow?
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #857
LuluLovesDisney
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!
I guess Rainy Days are definitely a "turn on"!
 
LuluLovesDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fantasyland (it's so true!)
Posts: 5,250

FWIW, I know someone who was "cut off" and asked to leave Epcot due to having too many drinks. (He and his father actually lol) Then again, I've seen completely trashed people operating scooters poorly while under the influence and truly being a menace to other patrons. It seems that the "rule" about public intoxication at WDW is sporadically enforced at best. It seems that if other guests complain, that is when it is enforced.
LuluLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #858
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.
 
Luv2Roam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 16,387

If they can't control smoking in non-smoking areas, I doubt they will worry about alcohol, which they probably make a bundle from. (Except as mentioned when havoc is reached or someone complains.)

In a bittersweet moment, I got to briefly see and give a well wish hug to ex-Sugar Snap. (She was a cheerleader for ESPN Weekend.) Always good to see the ex-crew.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #859
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder
 
zulemara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post
screamscape has a new rumour on what could be going on with PI - apparently Disney are considering some kind of night time show on the water at downtown which could involve the removal of some of the structures currently at PI.

Thats about as far as the rumour goes so far, other than to expect the show to be the "usual suspects of water screens, fire, lights and more, in sync with music"

World of color coming to downtown disney maybe?


Sounds extremely unlikely to me. But if it was true, I assume they'd make it ticketed somehow?
That's very interesting, because my friend has theorized, without any known info or rumors, that they wanted to open up the lake and create some kind of show.
__________________
DIS Unplugged DTD/Rumors special correspondent
Come join us on the rumors board!



zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #860
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida USA
Posts: 2,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
That's very interesting, because my friend has theorized, without any known info or rumors, that they wanted to open up the lake and create some kind of show.
I actually have a story for the Save Pleasure Island Blog (that had not been published yet) about a fountain being built in the lake that would be visible to restaurant customers on the new PI as well as from the waterfront walkway on the West Side. The fountain show each evening would be synced to music and involve dancing waters, fire and water screens.

This has not been finalized and there are logistical issues since the lake is a live lake and they would have to create a system to filter-out tiny organisms as well as not frying any of the fish out there!

From what I've learned, the water taxi system from resorts north of Village Lake would continue to operate to the Marketplace but the internal water taxi system to PI and House of Blues/Cirque would be discontinued. They are considering options to replace that, one of them being a trolley system that goes back and forth. Concept drawings show yellow street cars.

BobK/Orlando

Last edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH; 02-27-2010 at 12:07 PM.
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #861
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 26,971

I wonder what would happen with the boats to Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. They were relocated from Market Place to Pleasure Island about 20 months ago.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #862
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder
 
zulemara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
I actually have a story for the Save Pleasure Island Blog (that had not been published yet) about a fountain being built in the lake that would be visible to restaurant customers on the new PI as well as from the waterfront walkway on the West Side. The fountain show each evening would be synced to music and involve dancing waters, fire and water screens.

This has not been finalized and there are logistical issues since the lake is a live lake and they would have to create a system to filter-out tiny organisms as well as not frying any of the fish out there!

From what I've learned, the water taxi system from resorts north of Village Lake would continue to operate to the Marketplace but the internal water taxi system to PI and House of Blues/Cirque would be discontinued. They are considering options to replace that, one of them being a trolley system that goes back and forth. Concept drawings show yellow street cars.

BobK/Orlando
It might be blue skye right now, but what irritates me is that they justified opening the island(which many agree ultimately killed it) by saying there was a traffic problem from MP to WS. Instead of making trolleys or some other reasonable alternative to the boats, they opened the island. So now, with a bunch of empty real estate, they are going to potentially get rid of the DTD boat transfers to make way for some sort of show that will...cost money.

Does anything they do ever make any sense at all?? ugh!

ARE YOU LISTENING TDO???? how about this:

1. demolish RRBC, AC, and BET, make another place to eat with waterfront viewing if it makes you happy.
2. have your stupid little show on the water
3. reopen 8trax, CW, and MDP as "ultra lounges" or however you wanna bill it.


There, now its not just a big party cuz its "ultra lounges", people can move through, we get the best clubs back, and you have still managed to play landlord for another eatery. Either make trolleys or let independant contractors bike ppl over to WS and back to MP like they do downtown.
__________________
DIS Unplugged DTD/Rumors special correspondent
Come join us on the rumors board!



zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #863
KYMickey
Adding EARS to Kentucky!
 
KYMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Louisville Kentucky, home of the Derby and the 2014 TPC championship!
Posts: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
demolish AC
? ! ? ! ?
__________________
59 YO Kid in KY
KYMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:46 AM   #864
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one
 
rpmdfw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ocoee, FL
Posts: 7,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
It might be blue skye right now, but what irritates me is that they justified opening the island(which many agree ultimately killed it) by saying there was a traffic problem from MP to WS. Instead of making trolleys or some other reasonable alternative to the boats, they opened the island. So now, with a bunch of empty real estate, they are going to potentially get rid of the DTD boat transfers to make way for some sort of show that will...cost money.

Does anything they do ever make any sense at all?? ugh!

ARE YOU LISTENING TDO???? how about this:

1. demolish RRBC, AC, and BET, make another place to eat with waterfront viewing if it makes you happy.
2. have your stupid little show on the water
3. reopen 8trax, CW, and MDP as "ultra lounges" or however you wanna bill it.


There, now its not just a big party cuz its "ultra lounges", people can move through, we get the best clubs back, and you have still managed to play landlord for another eatery. Either make trolleys or let independant contractors bike ppl over to WS and back to MP like they do downtown.

Excuse me?!?!?!?!? I beg to differ.

The "best club" was the Adventurers Club as far as a lot of us are concerned! Remember that the "save Pleasure Island" campaign paled in comparison to the "save the AC" campaign.

Not that Disney ever listened to any of it.

Frankly, I think they should go in and tear the whole thing down and make it into a parking lot. They've already killed it and there's no way to fix it.
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #865
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible
 
PDJPrinceCharming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 816

I know I sound like a broken record but.....



BRING BACK COMEDY WAREHOUSE!!!!!!


Just my two cents.
__________________
Off-Site in 1990, 1993, 1995 & 1998

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013 & 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #866
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...
 
Jason71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post

From what I've learned, the water taxi system from resorts north of Village Lake would continue to operate to the Marketplace but the internal water taxi system to PI and House of Blues/Cirque would be discontinued. They are considering options to replace that, one of them being a trolley system that goes back and forth. Concept drawings show yellow street cars.

BobK/Orlando
So they would demolish the new boat ramp by Paradiso 2 years after building it? Yup, I actually believe the rumor now--classic DTD redevelopment move.

For the record, even as a die-hard AdvClub fan, I'm not opposed to the ultralounge idea. As you say on your blog, the "ice bar" would fit, and really, Fuego kind of would as well.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #867
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder
 
zulemara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,338

I'm sorry, I should have clarified that my comments about AC were based on the fact that it has been stripped and since we know many of the items are going to HKDL, there isn't much hope. In addition, the recent rumors it could open at flamingo xings or in a section of DHS gives the possibility it could come back.

I have more or less accepted that BET/AC and RRBC are sitting ducks right now. MDP/8trax and CW are not and could be redone with much less work and without changing their overall "plan" for the island
__________________
DIS Unplugged DTD/Rumors special correspondent
Come join us on the rumors board!



zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #868
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 966

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
It might be blue skye right now, but what irritates me is that they justified opening the island(which many agree ultimately killed it) by saying there was a traffic problem from MP to WS. Instead of making trolleys or some other reasonable alternative to the boats, they opened the island. So now, with a bunch of empty real estate, they are going to potentially get rid of the DTD boat transfers to make way for some sort of show that will...cost money.

Does anything they do ever make any sense at all?? ugh!

ARE YOU LISTENING TDO???? how about this:

1. demolish RRBC, AC, and BET, make another place to eat with waterfront viewing if it makes you happy.
2. have your stupid little show on the water
3. reopen 8trax, CW, and MDP as "ultra lounges" or however you wanna bill it.


There, now its not just a big party cuz its "ultra lounges", people can move through, we get the best clubs back, and you have still managed to play landlord for another eatery. Either make trolleys or let independant contractors bike ppl over to WS and back to MP like they do downtown.
CW as an ultra lounge? how would that work!?

sounds to me as if you generally just want your favourite type of clubs back which have a fairly limited range of fans - and mainly those who disney are trying to discourage!

AC was the one above all others they should have kept - and the way disney are keeping the theme at least going over a HK they seem to know that as well.
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #869
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder
 
zulemara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post
CW as an ultra lounge? how would that work!?

sounds to me as if you generally just want your favourite type of clubs back which have a fairly limited range of fans - and mainly those who disney are trying to discourage!

AC was the one above all others they should have kept - and the way disney are keeping the theme at least going over a HK they seem to know that as well.
no, CW reopened based on previous rumors stating comedy could return. Good lord, I'm trying to present a reasonable compromise that gives them a new eatery and keeps dancing and comedy on the island and I get all jumped over. I'm going based on the fact that they are shipping AC stuff to HKDL. It's the only thing on the island that we have any concrete information about! The rest of it is up in the air, so I'm saying make these ultra lounge concepts, as rumored, and fix the mess they have created.

Has anyone cared at all about Motion and BET? No, because they weren't unique. Of the clubs remaining without any concrete plans, MDP was the most unique and 8-trax was the most profitable club on the island. So yeah, I'd like to see them reopened in an ultra lounge context and CW reopened as well in some form.

I have said before that while I did not go in AC very much(I preferred CW) I am not against it. I'm simply stating that AC is the only club that we know of with specific plans. The others don't, and thus, the others always still have the .000001% of a chance
__________________
DIS Unplugged DTD/Rumors special correspondent
Come join us on the rumors board!



zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #870
lovemickeyshouse
DISNEY LOVER
 
lovemickeyshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Horsham pa
Posts: 1,097

I would be happy to have liquor free comedy warehouse back it would be entertainment for afterdark which Disney lacks if there is no park open till Midnight
__________________
Mike from Philly Hope one day soon to be from Orlando.
First deluxe stay Wilderness Lodge Dec 2010 with parents,Sis,Bro in Law 3 nrphews one of which my godson and his first Disney trip.September 2009 Pop 33rd Bday free dining trip was awesome. Been at Pop once in 2008 for World Series game 2 in Tampa and Port Orleans Riverside March 2008 family trip with parents and sis's family
It all started in 1980 and then 1985 and 1988 .No trips for 17 years and in 2005 I was at my 2nd home for the Superbowl what a story and since my Disney love went on. Can't wait for my next trip is the Hooneymoon in November 2012. Check out my internet show at [url]www.philliebeerman.com
lovemickeyshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: