Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #826
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemickeyshouse View Post
Any chance we see the comedy warehouse back in some form by 2012?
if you define a chance as .000000001%, then yes. Otherwise, no

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #827
PDJPrinceCharming
I'll be easy to spot. Come & say hello...
Ok I might be losing my mind here & that is very possible

I surely hope so but sadly the best that is being done is probably Mary, Lisa, Missy & Krista at What's Your Problem? in Epcot or when Lisa, Philip or Mark are at Idol. Otherwise as much as I wish CW would re-open on property, its probably very doubtful. But i'm hopeful just as much if not more than anyone that there may just be another CW in the future.

Movies 2006 & Christmas 2013, Music 2007 & Sports Christmas 2008
Pop 2008, 2009(20th Trip), 2010, 2011(It's a Non Kinda Thing!), Christmas 2012(Podcast Cruise 4.0), 2013 & 2014
Art of Animation 2012(Disney Sea Across The Universal)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo 2013 Kidani Village Christmas 2013
Boardwalk Villas Christmas 2013
Old Key West Villas Christmas 2013 & 2014
Villas at Grand Floridian Christmas 2013
Polynesian Resort Christmas 2012
Paradise Pier at Disneyland Resort- Christmas 2009
Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal- 2014

My YouTube Channel: Pop www.youtube.com/user/SirOwenDisney
PDJPrinceCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #828
zulemara

big PI sign over mannequins is still off and all the junk that paradiso was storing in 8-trax is gone. Was on the island at midnight, both bars closed and only Reglan and Sosa were open. It was such a sad sad sight.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #829
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
if you define a chance as .000000001%, then yes. Otherwise, no
Kind of like the "Dumb & Dumber" movie... "So you're telling me there's a chance. Yeah!"

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #830
PatriciaH
I want to be an Imagineer!

DH and I went to Raglan Road for lunch Saturday and I grabbed the latest DTD map from the hostess stand (the one with the balloon on the cover.) Imagine my surprise when I saw one of the panels pushing the "nightlife" at DTD with a young couple in the picture. WTH?! I wanted to throw it at someone. Hahaha. Make up your minds Disney management. They also had a newer fancy ad for Disney Quest in it (new logo.) How about spending some money to fix the broken stuff in there instead of making a fancy new ad?
78 Off Site, 89 Off Site, 93 Caribbean Beach, 94 Wilderness Lodge, 94 Caribbean Beach, 96 Dixie Landings, 99 Port Orleans, 00 Disneyland Hotel, 01 Coronado Springs, 02 Coronado Springs, 02 Port Orleans FQ, 03 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 03 Marriott DT Disney/Wilderness Lodge, 04 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Disney Wonder, October 04 Living in Celebration and loving it! 05 Paradise Pier/Grand Californian, 07 Disney Wonder, 07 Grand Floridian, 08 Yacht Club, 08 Adventures By Disney Viva Italia/Knights and Lights/DL Paris, 09 Grand Floridian, 09 Candy Cane Inn/1st D23 Expo, 09 Polynesian, 10 Summer Nightastic, 10 F&W's 15th, 11 Candy Cane Inn/DL/DCA, 11 D23 Scavenger Hunt, 11 Wilderness Lodge/F&W/MNSS/HHN/MVMCP/15th Anniversary Trip, 11 Xmas Trip, 12 WD Family Museum/DL Hotel, 12 F&G, 12 Sept Trip, 12 Wilderness Cabins/F&W/HHN/Fall Trip, 13 January WDW Trip, 13 Paradise Pier/DL/DCA/Cars Land, 13 Sea World/Universal/WDW, 13 Disney Dream/F&W, 14 HHN/F&W
224+ out of 224:
PatriciaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #831
zulemara

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriciaH View Post
DH and I went to Raglan Road for lunch Saturday and I grabbed the latest DTD map from the hostess stand (the one with the balloon on the cover.) Imagine my surprise when I saw one of the panels pushing the "nightlife" at DTD with a young couple in the picture. WTH?! I wanted to throw it at someone. Hahaha. Make up your minds Disney management. They also had a newer fancy ad for Disney Quest in it (new logo.) How about spending some money to fix the broken stuff in there instead of making a fancy new ad?
yes the nightlife advertisements they are pushing absolutely outrage me. Nightlife? are you kidding? They literally turn off all the extra street lights at 11pm during the week. The two bars on the island close, and that stupid celebrate tonight thing is done with. 11pm!!!! The only things left are Paradiso and regland. It's pathetic! The last marketing campaign they pushed at PI was in 2004. Now they get rid of it and start a nightlife campaign? They are complete idiots.

On that note, the big PI sign has been turned back on. Apparently they did work on the emergency systems in 8-trax and someone mistakenly threw the breaker that effects the PI sign. They didn't even notice it until wdwpi and I reported it. All is well with the sign...for now.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #832
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Is this a new advertising campaign or the same one I covered in the Save Pleasure Island blog several months ago? I thought they dropped it amid the criticisms.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #833
zulemara

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Is this a new advertising campaign or the same one I covered in the Save Pleasure Island blog several months ago? I thought they dropped it amid the criticisms.

BobK/Orlando
no, I'm pretty sure it's still around. I'll have to check a brochure when I'm there next.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #834
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
no, I'm pretty sure it's still around. I'll have to check a brochure when I'm there next.
The latest Pleasure Island Guidemap has that same old "Have the night time of your life" advertisement on the back of it that we saw a few months ago.

For anyone interested, I posted a couple current pictures of the inside of Mannequins on my Save Pleasure Island blog. Basically nothing has happened in there since the club closed nearly a year and a half ago. Sad.

BobK/Orlando
Old 02-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #835
zulemara

sad indeed, but it's good to know the floor is still there.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #836
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Pleasure Island Reunion

Fans of the various dance clubs that used to exist on Pleasure Island....8TRAX, Mannequins, Motion, & Soundstage are holding an informal gathering this coming Saturday night, February 13th, at Atlantic Dance Hall. The DJ is going to be playing a mix of everything including your requests. Everyone is welcome to attend and maybe you'll recognize a few of your fellow partiers from back in the day. Admission is FREE. If you see me, please introduce yourself!

BobK/Orlando
Old 02-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #837
jfinke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Fans of the various dance clubs that used to exist on Pleasure Island....8TRAX, Mannequins, Motion, & Soundstage are holding an informal gathering this coming Saturday night, February 13th, at Atlantic Dance Hall. The DJ is going to be playing a mix of everything including your requests. Everyone is welcome to attend and maybe you'll recognize a few of your fellow partiers from back in the day. Admission is FREE. If you see me, please introduce yourself!

BobK/Orlando
Well, we will just miss you as we are flying out on the 13th. We are in Orlando right now.
jfinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #838
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Was out on PI this evening......nothing new.
No buildings being demolished.
No new construction.
Nothing to report.
And that's my report.

BobK/Orlando
Old 02-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #839
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Pi reunion reminder

Hey, if you're a local or happen to be in the Orlando area and used to hang out at any of the Pleasure Island dance clubs, please come out to Atlantic Dance Hall tonight for the Pleasure Island Reunion. Admission is FREE. ADH is located at Disney's Boardwalk Resort. Parking is also free. And if you never set foot in the PI clubs but are interested, you're certainly welcome too!

BobK/Orlando
Old 02-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #840
pixie_dust88
Earning My Ears

Are restaurants the only places to buy alcohol in WDW now that PI is "down for maintenance"? If so, would you say they are quick to flag people? I would like to be able to have a few vodka & cranberries after dinner without management making an issue of it.
pixie_dust88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: