Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
FirstTimertoDiz
I love visiting NYC
People already think I am a little off my rocker

DD's 1st birthday party- need some Minnie Mouse Menu Ideas

I don't want to go overboard, because both dh and my families are traveling about 2 1/2 hours to get to her party, and if the weather is bad, no one will be able to make it. (Which is a significant possibility during January in central PA! )

I am thinking about trying to make cupcakes instead of ordering a sheet cake or anything, but I am not sure how to decorate them- maybe get red frosting, and do white polka dots on them? I am not too creative, lol.

I will have to search on ebay to see if I can get a Mickey shaped cookie cutter; maybe then I can do cheese cutouts, or something like that. I wish I could get a hold of some of the Mickey pretzels that are in WDW- that would be much easier!

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

You could use the Mickey head egg ring (if you have one) for big cookies or for pancakes
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Ericandjenng
DVC--Bay Lake Tower & Hilton Head Island

If it's not too late

You can make a template from foil or parchment paper (just draw directly on it, then cut out with scissors) and use a sharp knife (probably a paring or boning knife would work best) to cut around the shape for sandwiches or cheese, etc. This could even work for a sheet cake or "mini" cakes that have become popular. Also if you cut out the middle of a different template you can create a pattern to sprinkle sugar crystals on cupcakes or whatever in the shape you have made.

I have found that cupcakes work better with kids because they each have their own. Also if you check in an arts & crafts store (Joann's, Michael's. AC Moore, etc) they have a better selection of pre-made decorative items for cake/cookie decorating.

Good luck! Jenn
Ericandjenng is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: