Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #136
dizzi
DIS Veteran
 
dizzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 6,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Fish View Post
My question would be, Why would you even wonder
Why
Why
Why
Why
and Where ???
Because someone put it out there.

My brain took it in and now all the questions that my brain has on the subject has not been answered.

This is normally the case when someone has questions about soemthing they have seen, read, heard, etc
Except when it comes to my lazy kids who probablly wouldnt use their brains to question anything.

__________________
LYNN
dizzi is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #137
Judy in Texas
1150 miles too far from the Fort
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Benbrook, TX
Posts: 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Because someone put it out there.

My brain took it in and now all the questions that my brain has on the subject has not been answered.

This is normally the case when someone has questions about soemthing they have seen, read, heard, etc
Except when it comes to my lazy kids who probablly would use their brains to question anything.

Edited after the fact.... Didn't want to be rude...

Last edited by Judy in Texas; 12-21-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Judy in Texas is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #138
dizzi
DIS Veteran
 
dizzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 6,966

My sincerest apologies........
I assumed since the disboard is an open forum

That any and all were welcome to come and read and interact.

BUT I GUESS WE ALL KNOW WHAT ASSUMING DOES.

And since there was a link to THIS VERY THREAD...Put out there for ALL and that WOULD BE ALL THE USERS OF THE DISBOARDS not JUST a LINK FOR CAMPERS...

For a great link to read and see about something interesting about DIS NEY WORLD.

Just a suggestion, that if you guys do not wish to have any one else in your cirlce you might want to speak to the powers that be here on the DIS boards and have them take that off so that noone else is invited in to only be shot down with any questions they may have about an open forum discussion.

I have been on MANY MANY THREADS,as you can see by post count.

And although shouldnt be, i am shocked,and taken aback.

Now the people over on the DVC area are a bit withdrawn...

BUT WOW THIS TAKES THE CAKE! CONGRATS!!!!!!
__________________
LYNN
dizzi is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #139
dizzi
DIS Veteran
 
dizzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 6,966

AHHH

Judy i see you have stayed in hotels before do stop by over at the Resorts board......

Very friendly over there.
__________________
LYNN
dizzi is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #140
Judy in Texas
1150 miles too far from the Fort
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Benbrook, TX
Posts: 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
AHHH

Judy i see you have stayed in hotels before do stop by over at the Resorts board......

Very friendly over there.
...until someone asks about bringing back their refillable mug from a previous visit or trying to sneak short kids on the rides with height restrictions.
Judy in Texas is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #141
BigDaddyRog
Ask me about my cartoon pitch
I'm all Disney'd up feeling innocent and pure
Cut up and act like a clown while ya gotta chance to embarrass those that are forced to love you.
 
BigDaddyRog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA....30 miles north of New Orleans
Posts: 7,141

Well...it looks like TCD has hit the level of popularity that us long time DISers always knew he would.

Over 121,000 thread views and getting larger everyday!!!! Congrats TCD....you deserve an award for this.

I think this report has definately surpassed Geraldo's "Capone Vault" !!!!
BigDaddyRog is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #142
Born 2 Fish
I'D RATHER BE FISHING.
 
Born 2 Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 12,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
My sincerest apologies........
I assumed since the disboard is an open forum

That any and all were welcome to come and read and interact.

BUT I GUESS WE ALL KNOW WHAT ASSUMING DOES.

And since there was a link to THIS VERY THREAD...Put out there for ALL and that WOULD BE ALL THE USERS OF THE DISBOARDS not JUST a LINK FOR CAMPERS...

For a great link to read and see about something interesting about DIS NEY WORLD.

Just a suggestion, that if you guys do not wish to have any one else in your cirlce you might want to speak to the powers that be here on the DIS boards and have them take that off so that noone else is invited in to only be shot down with any questions they may have about an open forum discussion.

I have been on MANY MANY THREADS,as you can see by post count.

And although shouldnt be, i am shocked,and taken aback.

Now the people over on the DVC area are a bit withdrawn...

BUT WOW THIS TAKES THE CAKE! CONGRATS!!!!!!
I would like to extend to you my apologies,
you obviously have not read much of the posts over here except for this one thread. If you had bothered to read other threads/posts that regular posters here make, then you may have seen that not all of us are strict, to the point, just give the straight answer, and for the love of god DON'T ATTEMPT TO BE HUMOROUS, for fear of pizz'n someone off who don't have a sense of humor,,posters.
Course, I guess it is always eaiser to just fly off the handle and just make a bunch of snap judgments about people you don't know, understand or aren't familiar with.
So for all of this, I am sorry for you,,with apologies.
__________________
Frank We are AMERICANS,,,,start acting like it.
Born 2 Fish is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #143
carpetride
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 59

Wow! I had to log in and say thanks for sharing.

Probably once they clear the land the assessed taxes will change as well. As it stands it hasn't been in operation 28 years.

It's fairly well hidden unless you go looking for it, so why invest the capital on a none producing site. The other issue I see about it is the depth of the water. You don't see new parks being built with 6 to 10 foot deep pools! Leave it to a litigous society to ruin it for the rest of us.

Thanks again! I look forward to your future operations.
carpetride is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #144
truck1
Growing older but not up.
 
truck1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clermont Fl
Posts: 4,033

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocklandRVers View Post
I too have heard about bacteria closing RC and the reason for no swimming in Bay Lake. I have to dispute this through mere logic however. The simple fact is that there is swimming allowed in Bay Lake. During Iron Man and similar competitions for example. Also when you do Sammy's Parasailing you get wet with lake water. If it was so dangerous would they risk people swimming in these events?



I think Disney also does itself a disservice when it lets something sit there and deteriorate. Clean up the mess!! Then if the plan is to never do anything there, fence it off sufficiently to hide the eyesore. That seem reasonable. You wouldn't leave Grandma to lay around after the reindeer ran her down so why leave RC that way. MERRY CHRISTMAS


I too have heard about bacteria closing RC and the reason for no swimming in Bay Lake. I have to dispute this through mere logic however. The simple fact is that there is swimming allowed in Bay Lake. During Iron Man and similar competitions for example. Also when you do Sammy's Parasailing you get wet with lake water. If it was so dangerous would they risk people swimming in these events?

The bacteria is actually found in the shallow water near the edges of the lake.If its the same one that has the potential to kill that Im thinking of.It actually goes dormant when the water temp is below a certain point and comes alive so to speak when the water is over a certain temp. I dont remember what they are off hand. The simple act of people waking thru the sand to deep water stirs it up and it mixes with the water. Deep water sports like the parasailing wont stir it up.


I think Disney also does itself a disservice when it lets something sit there and deteriorate. Clean up the mess!! Then if the plan is to never do anything there, fence it off sufficiently to hide the eyesore. That seem reasonable. You wouldn't leave Grandma to lay around after the reindeer ran her down so why leave RC that way

I agree, but at the moment if I had to guess, there using it as a tax write off, like the unfinished sections of Pop Century.
truck1 is online now  
Old 12-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #145
stacktester
DIS Veteran
 
stacktester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 3,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Because someone put it out there.

My brain took it in and now all the questions that my brain has on the subject has not been answered.

This is normally the case when someone has questions about soemthing they have seen, read, heard, etc
Except when it comes to my lazy kids who probablly wouldnt use their brains to question anything.

Chill baby chill. We are a friendly species. We'uns assume too and think everyone has our sense of humor. Enjoy the camping board and say what you like.
stacktester is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #146
lindsayp
Princess-in-training
 
lindsayp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: michigan
Posts: 674

wow it makes me sad to see that they just let it sit there one of my earliest dis memories are from that place! its weird to see it as a ghost town. great pics! how did you take these?
__________________




Sherry Jessica Lindsay Trixie DB Damen




lindsayp is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #147
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 6,294

Expect another spike in views to this thread - a link was just added to the Screamscape site today...

Quote:
(12/21/09) Lets take a little stroll this week into the remains of River Country… the waterpark that Walt Disney World wants everyone to forget about. A kind of shocking series of photos taken inside the old waterpark have been posted to the DisBoards site, where you can see that the Florida swamp is slowly attempting to reclaim the site. If you’ve still be holding onto the hope that Disney would someday reopen the park… don’t.
BradyBz12 is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #148
dizzi
DIS Veteran
 
dizzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 6,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Fish View Post
I would like to extend to you my apologies,
you obviously have not read much of the posts over here except for this one thread. If you had bothered to read other threads/posts that regular posters here make, then you may have seen that not all of us are strict, to the point, just give the straight answer, and for the love of god DON'T ATTEMPT TO BE HUMOROUS, for fear of pizz'n someone off who don't have a sense of humor,,posters.
Course, I guess it is always eaiser to just fly off the handle and just make a bunch of snap judgments about people you don't know, understand or aren't familiar with.
So for all of this, I am sorry for you,,with apologies.
Obviosuly i dont read any of the camping...I dont camp, not my cup of tea. I perfer other sleeping arrangments. But i did open my first post up by saying i was brought here by a link from somewhere else. That should have covered....The i dont read your camping boards.

i dont understand the part where you say.... and for the love of god DON'T ATTEMPT TO BE HUMOROUS, for fear of pizz'n someone off who don't have a sense of humor,,posters.

And if you are saying i was making a snap judgement about anyone you are entirely wrong i made no judegments about anyone.

No need to be sorry for me.

But thankyou for your aoologies.


Quote:
Originally Posted by stacktester View Post
Chill baby chill. We are a friendly species. We'uns assume too and think everyone has our sense of humor. Enjoy the camping board and say what you like.
I dont camp wont likely be back around. I am as chill as chill can get.
My bad on the assumption that all was the same across these entire boards.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
__________________
LYNN
dizzi is offline  
Old 12-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #149
jamie@dvcstore
DIS Veteran
 
jamie@dvcstore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orlando,FL
Posts: 1,000

Hi Tri-circle-D,
Thank you VERY much for sharing your pictures. They are increadible. You really captured every part of the park. As many others have mentioned it is a shame to see something just left to rot. I would love to see it in person though your pictures make me feel like I am right there. Good work and thanks again.
jamie@dvcstore is offline  
Old 12-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #150
Donna
Where Magic Lives
 
Donna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: New Kensington, PA
Posts: 3,623

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Obviosuly i dont read any of the camping...I dont camp, not my cup of tea. I perfer other sleeping arrangments. But i did open my first post up by saying i was brought here by a link from somewhere else. That should have covered....The i dont read your camping boards.

i dont understand the part where you say.... and for the love of god DON'T ATTEMPT TO BE HUMOROUS, for fear of pizz'n someone off who don't have a sense of humor,,posters.

And if you are saying i was making a snap judgement about anyone you are entirely wrong i made no judegments about anyone.

No need to be sorry for me.

But thankyou for your aoologies.




I dont camp wont likely be back around. I am as chill as chill can get.
My bad on the assumption that all was the same across these entire boards.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
As you know this entire board belongs to Pete Werner. He, apparently, got a different impression of this board than you. he feels that this is the most friendly and helpful board on DIS. He has said so himself. I am paraphrasing, of course, but that is pretty much what he's said. He even mentioned us in a podcast awhile back. I don't recall him saying that about his other boards.
I think the longer you stay around, the more you'll like it here. Sure there are some who take awhile longer to warm up to, but you can say that about every single sub-board on here.
Besides, don't you want to experience some more of TCD's adventures?
__________________
Donna-DVC-96

iluvwdw on twitter/Donna Schoen Sharick on FB
http://iluvwdwdd.blogspot.com/ Dec.Trip Report http://iluvwdw.wordpress.com/
My new pups, Cassie & Sandie
My 50th Birthday Trip
Donna is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many States and Countries Cherinva Podcast Cruises 202 10-19-2010 01:26 PM
Country Hearth Inn & suites, SC candielips Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board 0 11-30-2009 07:21 AM
River Hill football player killed in Howard County crash (Maryland) disney1990 Community Board 0 11-29-2009 04:21 PM
How long to cook 6 lbs of boneless pork country ribs? frannn Community Board 10 11-25-2009 08:34 PM
We r thinking of moving - ie escape to the country released life is too short MrsJobba1 UK Community Board 6 11-18-2009 01:34 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: