Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #136
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Fish View Post
My question would be, Why would you even wonder
Why
Why
Why
Why
and Where ???
Because someone put it out there.

My brain took it in and now all the questions that my brain has on the subject has not been answered.

This is normally the case when someone has questions about soemthing they have seen, read, heard, etc
Except when it comes to my lazy kids who probablly wouldnt use their brains to question anything.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #137
Judy in Texas
1150 miles too far from the Fort

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post

My brain took it in and now all the questions that my brain has on the subject has not been answered.

This is normally the case when someone has questions about soemthing they have seen, read, heard, etc
Except when it comes to my lazy kids who probablly would use their brains to question anything.

Edited after the fact.... Didn't want to be rude...

Last edited by Judy in Texas; 12-21-2009 at 01:00 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #138
dizzi
DIS Veteran

My sincerest apologies........
I assumed since the disboard is an open forum

That any and all were welcome to come and read and interact.

BUT I GUESS WE ALL KNOW WHAT ASSUMING DOES.

And since there was a link to THIS VERY THREAD...Put out there for ALL and that WOULD BE ALL THE USERS OF THE DISBOARDS not JUST a LINK FOR CAMPERS...

For a great link to read and see about something interesting about DIS NEY WORLD.

Just a suggestion, that if you guys do not wish to have any one else in your cirlce you might want to speak to the powers that be here on the DIS boards and have them take that off so that noone else is invited in to only be shot down with any questions they may have about an open forum discussion.

I have been on MANY MANY THREADS,as you can see by post count.

And although shouldnt be, i am shocked,and taken aback.

Now the people over on the DVC area are a bit withdrawn...

BUT WOW THIS TAKES THE CAKE! CONGRATS!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #139
dizzi
DIS Veteran

AHHH

Judy i see you have stayed in hotels before do stop by over at the Resorts board......

Very friendly over there.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #140
Judy in Texas
1150 miles too far from the Fort

Quote:
AHHH

Judy i see you have stayed in hotels before do stop by over at the Resorts board......

Very friendly over there.
...until someone asks about bringing back their refillable mug from a previous visit or trying to sneak short kids on the rides with height restrictions.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #141
BigDaddyRog
Ask me about my cartoon pitch
I'm all Disney'd up feeling innocent and pure
Cut up and act like a clown while ya gotta chance to embarrass those that are forced to love you.

Well...it looks like TCD has hit the level of popularity that us long time DISers always knew he would.

Over 121,000 thread views and getting larger everyday!!!! Congrats TCD....you deserve an award for this.

I think this report has definately surpassed Geraldo's "Capone Vault" !!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #142
Born 2 Fish
I'D RATHER BE FISHING.

Quote:
My sincerest apologies........
I assumed since the disboard is an open forum

That any and all were welcome to come and read and interact.

BUT I GUESS WE ALL KNOW WHAT ASSUMING DOES.

And since there was a link to THIS VERY THREAD...Put out there for ALL and that WOULD BE ALL THE USERS OF THE DISBOARDS not JUST a LINK FOR CAMPERS...

For a great link to read and see about something interesting about DIS NEY WORLD.

Just a suggestion, that if you guys do not wish to have any one else in your cirlce you might want to speak to the powers that be here on the DIS boards and have them take that off so that noone else is invited in to only be shot down with any questions they may have about an open forum discussion.

I have been on MANY MANY THREADS,as you can see by post count.

And although shouldnt be, i am shocked,and taken aback.

Now the people over on the DVC area are a bit withdrawn...

BUT WOW THIS TAKES THE CAKE! CONGRATS!!!!!!
I would like to extend to you my apologies,
you obviously have not read much of the posts over here except for this one thread. If you had bothered to read other threads/posts that regular posters here make, then you may have seen that not all of us are strict, to the point, just give the straight answer, and for the love of god DON'T ATTEMPT TO BE HUMOROUS, for fear of pizz'n someone off who don't have a sense of humor,,posters.
Course, I guess it is always eaiser to just fly off the handle and just make a bunch of snap judgments about people you don't know, understand or aren't familiar with.
So for all of this, I am sorry for you,,with apologies.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #143
carpetride
Earning My Ears

Wow! I had to log in and say thanks for sharing.

Probably once they clear the land the assessed taxes will change as well. As it stands it hasn't been in operation 28 years.

It's fairly well hidden unless you go looking for it, so why invest the capital on a none producing site. The other issue I see about it is the depth of the water. You don't see new parks being built with 6 to 10 foot deep pools! Leave it to a litigous society to ruin it for the rest of us.

Thanks again! I look forward to your future operations.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #144
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocklandRVers View Post
I too have heard about bacteria closing RC and the reason for no swimming in Bay Lake. I have to dispute this through mere logic however. The simple fact is that there is swimming allowed in Bay Lake. During Iron Man and similar competitions for example. Also when you do Sammy's Parasailing you get wet with lake water. If it was so dangerous would they risk people swimming in these events?

I think Disney also does itself a disservice when it lets something sit there and deteriorate. Clean up the mess!! Then if the plan is to never do anything there, fence it off sufficiently to hide the eyesore. That seem reasonable. You wouldn't leave Grandma to lay around after the reindeer ran her down so why leave RC that way. MERRY CHRISTMAS

I too have heard about bacteria closing RC and the reason for no swimming in Bay Lake. I have to dispute this through mere logic however. The simple fact is that there is swimming allowed in Bay Lake. During Iron Man and similar competitions for example. Also when you do Sammy's Parasailing you get wet with lake water. If it was so dangerous would they risk people swimming in these events?

The bacteria is actually found in the shallow water near the edges of the lake.If its the same one that has the potential to kill that Im thinking of.It actually goes dormant when the water temp is below a certain point and comes alive so to speak when the water is over a certain temp. I dont remember what they are off hand. The simple act of people waking thru the sand to deep water stirs it up and it mixes with the water. Deep water sports like the parasailing wont stir it up.

I think Disney also does itself a disservice when it lets something sit there and deteriorate. Clean up the mess!! Then if the plan is to never do anything there, fence it off sufficiently to hide the eyesore. That seem reasonable. You wouldn't leave Grandma to lay around after the reindeer ran her down so why leave RC that way

I agree, but at the moment if I had to guess, there using it as a tax write off, like the unfinished sections of Pop Century.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #145
stacktester
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Except when it comes to my lazy kids who probablly wouldnt use their brains to question anything.

Chill baby chill. We are a friendly species. We'uns assume too and think everyone has our sense of humor. Enjoy the camping board and say what you like.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #146
lindsayp
Princess-in-training

wow it makes me sad to see that they just let it sit there one of my earliest dis memories are from that place! its weird to see it as a ghost town. great pics! how did you take these?

Sherry Jessica Lindsay Trixie DB Damen

Old 12-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #147
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

Expect another spike in views to this thread - a link was just added to the Screamscape site today...

Quote:
(12/21/09) Lets take a little stroll this week into the remains of River Country… the waterpark that Walt Disney World wants everyone to forget about. A kind of shocking series of photos taken inside the old waterpark have been posted to the DisBoards site, where you can see that the Florida swamp is slowly attempting to reclaim the site. If you’ve still be holding onto the hope that Disney would someday reopen the park… don’t.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #148
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Fish View Post
I would like to extend to you my apologies,
you obviously have not read much of the posts over here except for this one thread. If you had bothered to read other threads/posts that regular posters here make, then you may have seen that not all of us are strict, to the point, just give the straight answer, and for the love of god DON'T ATTEMPT TO BE HUMOROUS, for fear of pizz'n someone off who don't have a sense of humor,,posters.
Course, I guess it is always eaiser to just fly off the handle and just make a bunch of snap judgments about people you don't know, understand or aren't familiar with.
So for all of this, I am sorry for you,,with apologies.
Obviosuly i dont read any of the camping...I dont camp, not my cup of tea. I perfer other sleeping arrangments. But i did open my first post up by saying i was brought here by a link from somewhere else. That should have covered....The i dont read your camping boards.

i dont understand the part where you say.... and for the love of god DON'T ATTEMPT TO BE HUMOROUS, for fear of pizz'n someone off who don't have a sense of humor,,posters.

And if you are saying i was making a snap judgement about anyone you are entirely wrong i made no judegments about anyone.

No need to be sorry for me.

But thankyou for your aoologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacktester View Post
Chill baby chill. We are a friendly species. We'uns assume too and think everyone has our sense of humor. Enjoy the camping board and say what you like.
I dont camp wont likely be back around. I am as chill as chill can get.
My bad on the assumption that all was the same across these entire boards.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Old 12-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #149
jamie@dvcstore
DIS Veteran

Hi Tri-circle-D,
Thank you VERY much for sharing your pictures. They are increadible. You really captured every part of the park. As many others have mentioned it is a shame to see something just left to rot. I would love to see it in person though your pictures make me feel like I am right there. Good work and thanks again.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #150
Donna
Where Magic Lives

Quote:
Obviosuly i dont read any of the camping...I dont camp, not my cup of tea. I perfer other sleeping arrangments. But i did open my first post up by saying i was brought here by a link from somewhere else. That should have covered....The i dont read your camping boards.

i dont understand the part where you say.... and for the love of god DON'T ATTEMPT TO BE HUMOROUS, for fear of pizz'n someone off who don't have a sense of humor,,posters.

And if you are saying i was making a snap judgement about anyone you are entirely wrong i made no judegments about anyone.

No need to be sorry for me.

But thankyou for your aoologies.

I dont camp wont likely be back around. I am as chill as chill can get.
My bad on the assumption that all was the same across these entire boards.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
As you know this entire board belongs to Pete Werner. He, apparently, got a different impression of this board than you. he feels that this is the most friendly and helpful board on DIS. He has said so himself. I am paraphrasing, of course, but that is pretty much what he's said. He even mentioned us in a podcast awhile back. I don't recall him saying that about his other boards.
I think the longer you stay around, the more you'll like it here. Sure there are some who take awhile longer to warm up to, but you can say that about every single sub-board on here.
Besides, don't you want to experience some more of TCD's adventures?

iluvwdw on twitter/Donna Schoen Sharick on FB
http://iluvwdwdd.blogspot.com/ Dec.Trip Report http://iluvwdw.wordpress.com/
My new pups, Cassie & Sandie
My 50th Birthday Trip
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: