Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #91
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

We are moving in together!

So when we got engaged I was excited to start looking for a home. We don't plan on having kids any time soon and we will have my mother living with us so it made sense to look for a house/townhome/condo on the small side.

We don't need a lot of space and my mom only wants a nice kitchen Well, we've been looking for a while now but nothing really jumped out at us. We even went as far as looking at apartments because we had no problem renting. 2-bedroom apts were so expensive in the area of southwest Miami (it's called Kendall). I could not see spending $1300+ a month on renting, so we kept looking.

A week ago my cousin tells me that friends of hers at work have a villa that will be vacant by January. Would I be interested in looking at it? I said sure, I've seen a ton of villas in the Kendall area and many were nice just out of our price range. Well, this one was amazing. It's on the small side, but the master bedroom is huge and it had a completed patio that is fenced in and huge! It was surprising to see that in a complex that looks like a normal apt complex. So we jumped on it and told the ladies that we would love to move in.

The current residents will be out by January 5th. She said she needed a week to clean and then we could start moving in. I'm so excited, Danny and I live at home with family now so this is a huge step for us! He's so excited but doesn't show it, lol. He's that strong silent type

So this puts a dent into our savings plan for the wedding but we have worked on our budget and figured out a way to pay for 75% of the wedding in cash. I have a nice savings and Danny has gotten a second job so we'll be ok
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #92
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Our Save the Dates are ready!

I love them.

Last edited by girli565; 12-21-2009 at 07:51 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #93
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

great job on the STD they look awesome!!! It's only 6 months away...can you believe it?!?!

do the happy dance:

(Me) (DH) (DD 3)

Childhood Trips 1987-2008 <Original Port Orleans, All Star Sports, Pop Century>
Married on Disney Boardwalk June 2010 <POFQ>
Babymoon Trip Dec 2010 <Pop Century>
First trip as family of 3 April 2013 <PORS>
5th Anniversary Trip Sept 2015 <BLT>
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:59 AM   #94
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
great job on the STD they look awesome!!! It's only 6 months away...can you believe it?!?!

do the happy dance:
I know, I can't believe how fast things are moving. At the printers today he was asking dates for when we'd want the invites and favor tags. It's so weird to have everything all ready!

Thanks about the StD's, we were really happy with what he came up with.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #95
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

Your StD's look amazing!! I love how the colours look together!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #96
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
Your StD's look amazing!! I love how the colours look together!
Thank you! They're our Wedding colors, except for the royal blue.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #97
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

6 Months to GO!!!!!!!!!!!

We are at the 180 day mark... exactly 6 months until Danny and I get MARRIED!

I actually have a phone call scheduled with Amy today at 4pm to discuss my reception options. So excited. Everyone is telling me that it will fly from here!
Old 12-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #98
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

I totally missed this before (not sure how) but congrats on moving in together!!! Can I come live with you?? The cold weather and snow are killing me! I am seriously trying to convince DF that we should move to Florida...all we need are some work permits I plan on moving there when I retire, so why not just start the process now! Plus, the whole reason I got into my field (urban planning) was because of a Florida planner!

Anyway, YAY for 6 months It will fly by!! Do you have any ideas of where you might have your reception?
Old 12-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #99
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
I totally missed this before (not sure how) but congrats on moving in together!!! Can I come live with you?? The cold weather and snow are killing me! I am seriously trying to convince DF that we should move to Florida...all we need are some work permits I plan on moving there when I retire, so why not just start the process now! Plus, the whole reason I got into my field (urban planning) was because of a Florida planner!

Anyway, YAY for 6 months It will fly by!! Do you have any ideas of where you might have your reception?
Ha! I can't imagine living anywhere but FL. I love it here, the summer where it reaches 100 degrees is not my fave time of year but it beats the cold. I'm so bad that when it's 60 degrees I'm shivering and refusing to leave my house.

I'm hoping for the Napa Room because it has a low minimum for lunches and a great view. I want to keep it at the $1000 minimum but I think we'll go over because the lunch menus are all $40+ per person and with 24 adults and 5 children we go way past 1k.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #100
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Phone call with Amy!

So yesterday I had a phone call scheduled with Amy. We were going to discuss keeping things on budget and booking my lunch reception.

So, now we have officially booked the Napa room from 1pm-3pm on June 14, 2010! We are serving a buffet lunch that sounds so YUMMY! Having a bar of call because it's early and a lot of people are not drinkers. I have to look not drunk in pictures so no drinking for me ! We're having 4 tables of 10 but they will probably not be full of 10 people. Our final count as of right now is 24 adults, one 5 year old, and 5 children under 3. So 30 guests in total.

One question... am I supposed to feed Randy, he will be there for about 5 hours, do I get him a vendor meal?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #101
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

Just saw your pic of fuchsia daisies you mentioned in my PJ and those are AWESOME...definitely use those. Those are exactly the color of pink I would have changed my wedding colors for, hah! I think if you used just the pink daisies it would look amazing. They can carry a bouquet on their own, that's for sure. I hope they have the same gorgeous Gerber's in yellow for me in June!!!

Congrats on booking the Napa room! I'm not sure about feeding the photog tho...
Old 12-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #102
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedee View Post
Just saw your pic of fuchsia daisies you mentioned in my PJ and those are AWESOME...definitely use those. Those are exactly the color of pink I would have changed my wedding colors for, hah! I think if you used just the pink daisies it would look amazing. They can carry a bouquet on their own, that's for sure. I hope they have the same gorgeous Gerber's in yellow for me in June!!!

Congrats on booking the Napa room! I'm not sure about feeding the photog tho...
I love the flowers. I will definitley have them for my bouquet just not sure about the altar pieces. I think it might be too much.

I guess I could ask my planner about Randy's meal.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #103
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Signd copies

Today I had to go to the post office to pick up a certified letter sent by DFTW.

I knew what it was when I got the little ticket in my mail box! It was my signed contract and my annual passes!! Yayayay!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #104
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Shoes and honeymoon gift

So because I changed the wedding colors from black/red/white to black/pink/aquamarine/white I need to buy new wedding shoes.

I wanted a white shoe that I could dye once I decided what color my flowers were going to be. So once I talk to Rosie about my bouquet and we confirm a color I will send them to be dyed. I bought this shoe...

They're so comfy! and really pretty. They look beige in the pic but they are white, a satin white so they shine a bit.

I also am now debating what to do for my honeymoon. We weren't planning on taking one until later in the year because we didn't want to put it on a credit card. Well, my aunt found out that we weren't taking one and decided that we HAD to take one. She gave us $1000 and her stipulation was that we had to use it on a honeymoon. So now we are looking at a cruise, they are all inclusive, we live in Miami so no plane rides, and they are cost effective. So we are looking at a western caribbean cruise to Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel. It's a bit over the $1k gift but for $1500 we can have a honeymoon that is 7 days long and includes all meals. That's a deal!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #105
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

The shoes are really pretty and it's awesome they are comfortable too!

That was so generous of your aunt! The cruise sounds like it will be really fun and is a really good deal too. Sometimes if you don't do it right away, you may not get the chance to later on since things always come up. I'm glad you guys will get to go after the wedding.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: