Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
AlexDurrani
Mouseketeer

Talking Pre-Trip Report/Planning DAP 2009 12/10-14

Hey everyone,

Well this trip was a very short notice one for me. I had started planning for this trip back in September of this year, but was hitting road blocks with my finances at the time. I had gotten DAP tickets but had no hotel setup or even flights setup. I contacted Dreams for a quote request and found myself needing more money for the trip then I had anticipated. This trip sort of went by the way side till about mid-October when I got some Ding Fares with Southwest for $150/roundtrip and grabbed it. Then I made another attempt to get rooms and at this point found out that only Vilas were available on Disney Property or go with the Swan and Dolphin. The break came at the beginning of November when while taking a browse through an 3rd party travel site, I found that Disney had rooms available at the Moderate levels. I immediately contacted Dreams and was able to get a quote for the Port Orleans -- Riverside and with the help of my Brother was able to pay for the rooms. I went ahead and added dining and tickets.

Now i am basically set with two reservations, one at Sanaa and one at Boma for breakfast. I am also set for the dinner meet at Boma on Sunday. I guess I am going to be winging it with the other reservations.

Update as of today, I have checked in online for the Resort. I hope I get my requests.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sikandar.durrani
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Alex_Durrani
Old 11-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
MMitchell29
DIS Veteran

I'm here Alex, congrats on your pixie dust.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
AlexDurrani
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the pixie dust. I am so stressed out for this trip that I am probably going to need a vacation after this trip to wind down. One bright news that came out of this trip is that I found out that Chase and Disney have now come out with a Disney Rewards Debit Visa card that has similar perks as the regular card. The only difference is that the 1% per dollar rewards points that you get with the Credit Card is 0.5% with the debit card. You still have access to the Character meet and great and discounts at Mouse gears and etc. I will probably make more use of this then i did with my Continental card.

Anyway I should get the card by monday at the latest and then i will be set for the trip in some cases.

Made a reservation at Cape May's for Breakfast on Friday and now looking around for other times. God now 7 Days till DAP Trip.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sikandar.durrani
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Alex_Durrani

Tags
12/10 - 12/11, dap

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: