Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
AlexDurrani
Mouseketeer

DAP event meet ups

Hey y'all just wondering if there was an updated list of meets that has been posted by someone. This is both official like the live podcast and unofficial like the DATW. The problem I have is that many of the get togethers are sporadically posted throughout the boards it is hard to keep track.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sikandar.durrani
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Alex_Durrani
AlexDurrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
Launchpad11B
DW thinks he's a Manly Man

"Excuse me, can I have your autograph Mr. Incredible?...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDurrani View Post
Hey y'all just wondering if there was an updated list of meets that has been posted by someone. This is both official like the live podcast and unofficial like the DATW. The problem I have is that many of the get togethers are sporadically posted throughout the boards it is hard to keep track.
Todd, jeanigor, has a real good spreadsheet for all of the weekends activities. Check his signature, if it's not there it's in the DAP thread somewhere.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

Here is Todd's list.

Fourth isn't too bad....

Thank you for the update, John the Genius!!!!

I sure as heck hope we don't need to close another thread to get more info....

There are other meet ups and events that are being organized by DIS'ers, but not official DIS Events. Some of these include:
•DVC Merry Mixer Meet on Thursday 12/10 @ 3pm-5pm. Cost: Membership in or Guest of a DVC owner.
•Social viewing of Osborne Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Thurday 12/10 @ 6pm. Cost: Park admission.
•7th Annual Jellyroll Meet at Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk on Thursday 12/10 @ 8pm. Cost: $10 cover, plus your food and drink.
•Yeehaw Bob @ Port Orleans Riverside on Thursday, 12/10 @ 8:30pm. Cost: Free admission. Buy your own food and drink.
•Lunch @ Fulton's at Downtown Disney, Friday, 12/11 @ 2pm. Cost: Your food, drink and tip.
•Pre-DATW "Make sure they don't run out of Slushies!!!" Meet in France, Friday, 12/11 @ 4:45ish. Cost: Park Admission and slushie, if you choose.
•Kathy's Peeps ride "Journey Into Imagination" on Friday, 12/11, around 5pm. Cost: Park admission.
•Drink Around the World, Version DAP '09. Starting in Canada, World Showcase, Epcot @ 5:30. Cost: Park admission. Buy your own food and drink.
•Give Kids the World voluntourist experience. Donate a couple hours at Give Kids the World on Saturday 12/12 @ 8am. Cost: Transportation to/from GKTW~see thread about this, people are looking to share a taxi or rental car.
•Utilitarian viewing of the Osborne Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Saturday 12/12 @ 7:30pm. Cost: Park admission.
•Tonga Toast Breakfast at Kona Café/Captain Cook's at the Polynesian on Sunday 12/13 @ 9am. Cost: Price of food and drink.
•Brunch at House of Blues on Sunday 12/13 @ 10:30am (tentative). Cost: Price of brunch + tax & tip.
•Dole Whip for Bawb at Captain Cook's at the Polynesian on Sunday 12/13 @ 4pm (following the podcast taping). Cost: Price of Dole Whip.
•Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on Sunday 12/13 (entry begins @ 4pm). Cost: Price of MVMCP ticket.

These are just some of the things that will be going on over the course of the weekend. I know for a fact at least two other major Disney fan groups are having events throughout the weekend as well.

If anyone has anything to add or edit about the above list, please let me know.

Hope that helps!!

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
aspen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
AlexDurrani
Mouseketeer

Thanks Anna and yes there are a couple of other events going on. There is a Boma Dinner on Sunday the 13th. I am splitting my time between DAP and WDW Today Reunion so it is going to be an interesting trip. I know there are a couple of people doing the same thing.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen37 View Post
Here is Todd's list.

Fourth isn't too bad....

Thank you for the update, John the Genius!!!!

I sure as heck hope we don't need to close another thread to get more info....

There are other meet ups and events that are being organized by DIS'ers, but not official DIS Events. Some of these include:
•DVC Merry Mixer Meet on Thursday 12/10 @ 3pm-5pm. Cost: Membership in or Guest of a DVC owner.
Social viewing of Osborne Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Thurday 12/10 @ 6pm. Cost: Park admission.
•7th Annual Jellyroll Meet at Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk on Thursday 12/10 @ 8pm. Cost: $10 cover, plus your food and drink.
•Yeehaw Bob @ Port Orleans Riverside on Thursday, 12/10 @ 8:30pm. Cost: Free admission. Buy your own food and drink.
•Lunch @ Fulton's at Downtown Disney, Friday, 12/11 @ 2pm. Cost: Your food, drink and tip.
•Pre-DATW "Make sure they don't run out of Slushies!!!" Meet in France, Friday, 12/11 @ 4:45ish. Cost: Park Admission and slushie, if you choose.
•Kathy's Peeps ride "Journey Into Imagination" on Friday, 12/11, around 5pm. Cost: Park admission.
•Drink Around the World, Version DAP '09. Starting in Canada, World Showcase, Epcot @ 5:30. Cost: Park admission. Buy your own food and drink.
•Give Kids the World voluntourist experience. Donate a couple hours at Give Kids the World on Saturday 12/12 @ 8am. Cost: Transportation to/from GKTW~see thread about this, people are looking to share a taxi or rental car.
Utilitarian viewing of the Osborne Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Saturday 12/12 @ 7:30pm. Cost: Park admission.
•Tonga Toast Breakfast at Kona Café/Captain Cook's at the Polynesian on Sunday 12/13 @ 9am. Cost: Price of food and drink.
•Brunch at House of Blues on Sunday 12/13 @ 10:30am (tentative). Cost: Price of brunch + tax & tip.
•Dole Whip for Bawb at Captain Cook's at the Polynesian on Sunday 12/13 @ 4pm (following the podcast taping). Cost: Price of Dole Whip.
•Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on Sunday 12/13 (entry begins @ 4pm). Cost: Price of MVMCP ticket.

These are just some of the things that will be going on over the course of the weekend. I know for a fact at least two other major Disney fan groups are having events throughout the weekend as well.

If anyone has anything to add or edit about the above list, please let me know.

Hope that helps!!
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post
So what's the difference between these two?
Todd posted the answer somewhere. I thought it was that Thursday would be less crowded so you could take your time and linger, and Saturday would be more crowded and harder to enjoy. It was something like that.

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
aspen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post
So what's the difference between these two?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen37 View Post
Todd posted the answer somewhere. I thought it was that Thursday would be less crowded so you could take your time and linger, and Saturday would be more crowded and harder to enjoy. It was something like that.
Pretty much. With the lighter crowds, I anticipate people being able to socialize and mingle more on Thursday evening.

As Saturday will most likely have larger crowds, this would be more of a go to see the lights, not see the lights and have everyone together kind of thing.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

I'm going to be at the Jellyrolls Meet on Thursday, so having another option to get together with people before the TSM party is great for me.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:38 PM   #9
AlexDurrani
Mouseketeer

I am doing Yee haw Bob on Thursday. It will be interesting to see what actually happens. I am not sure if I will make it from Osborne to Yee Haw Bob's meet so I will see the lights on Saturday.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #10
LisaZ1113
Mouseketeer

Are these gatherings open to everyone?

LisaZ1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:55 AM   #11
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaZ1113 View Post
Are these gatherings open to everyone?
Of course - everyone is welcome to come to any and/or all of the meets.

The only event(s) that you had to sign-up for and pay for ahead of time is the Toy Story Party on Sat, and then if you did that you could sign up for the Seminar on Friday and go to the podcast taping on Sunday

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #12
AlexDurrani
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
Of course - everyone is welcome to come to any and/or all of the meets.

The only event(s) that you had to sign-up for and pay for ahead of time is the Toy Story Party on Sat, and then if you did that you could sign up for the Seminar on Friday and go to the podcast taping on Sunday
Actually the TSM party and seminar is already closed to sign up and basically ends the chance for the taping. All other meets are open to everyone.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #13
DebºoºS
DISneyngardenFANopics
Better get back to my laughing place for cheese

Location: 1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home"resort The Boardwalk

Is there a meeting place for MVMCP on Sunday night and also "The Utilitarian viewing of Osboune Lights" on Saturday night?

There are a few of us sticking around after Sunday if you'd like to get together PM me.

DebºoºS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #14
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better

DVCsince02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #15
AlexDurrani
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebºoºS View Post
Is there a meeting place for MVMCP on Sunday night and also "The Utilitarian viewing of Osboune Lights" on Saturday night?

There are a few of us sticking around after Sunday if you'd like to get together PM me.
I wish i was. This will be the first trip i spend only 5 days on property since the 96/97 when I came down for a wedding and was not paying for the rooms. I leave Monday evening. There are a number of people that are meeting up for the MVMCP but do not have a set meeting location yet. Utilitarian viewing is a bit of a stretch on meeting up because of the party afterwards.

Tags
dap, disappalooza, meets, tsm 2.0

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: