Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #76
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

casitas 4 and 5?

Does anyone know if there are accessible rooms with a roll-in shower in Casitas 4 or 5 at CSR? I am going on my honeymoon, and i like that these are located at the first bus stop, so i am more likely to get on the bus with my chair. also, they seem more remote, and a little quieter - always a plus for the honeymoon!

if not there, does anyone know where the accessible rooms are at coronado springs?

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
KPeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #77
dmlashultz
Earning My Ears

Coronado Springs Accessible Rooms

Regarding Accessible rooms in Coronado Springs:

We stayed in CS in 4/2007, in the Ranchos section, I think building 7. We had a wheelchair accessible room, with I believe a roll-in shower (plus a fold down shower bench.) We were facing the parking lot. We were connected to a regular room (for our 2 kids and my parents, bless them). Only bad thing about the location was that it was a 15 minute walk to the food court. The "Casita" buildings look a lot closer. I don't think my husband had any problems with the accessibility (he uses a manual chair). Sorry I don't still have the exact room number. We never had a problem getting on the bus, and people were always gracious about waiting for my husband to get on.

One thing I would have done different, is to ask for a courtyard view. Esp. for your honeymoon. We walked through lots of lovely courtyard on the way to our building, and I was jealous!

We'll be staying at Wilderness Lodge in *July*. Same set up, hopefully, accessible room connected to a regular room. If anyone has additional locations for the accessible rooms there, I'm interested.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!

Laurie
dmlashultz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #78
magicalmemories5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1997 View Post
I never noticed this before but POP only has handicapped accessible rooms with one king size bed in the room. If you move to a standard room they can give you a bath bench but the shower is not a hand held.

(When I talked with Special needs disney reservations. They said I could have a room with a bath bench and a hand held shower) Seems they is confusion there.

You can get a rollaway in the kingbed room but this is not practical. You will have to fold it up each time you want to go to the front door.

I have no idea how a family handles this. Has anyone delat with this before. Also has anyone stay at POP with a hand held shower that is not in a king size bed room.
I was just looking for this information. We stayed at POP back in 2005 and I had requested the roll in show accessible room for our stay and had 4 people in the room. For that stay, we were given a king room that was accessible and we had a second connecting room with 2 double beds. Worked out very well. I believe I was told at some point during that process of making the reservations that ALL roll in accessible rooms at POP were king due to the larger bathroom size.
I am now verifying our details for our trip next month with the same four people at POP and can't quite seem to find out if that is the case still. I am needing to know so I know if I need to bring additional bedding along for my son. If it is a roll in room with 2 double beds, he will need bedding for the floor (14 yr. old daughter is the one in a wheelchair and does not 'share' her bed well). If it is the same set up as our last trip, we will be fine and he will have a bed. I spoke with someone at the main number the other day and all she could tell me is it could be either way. Is POP the only one that is set standard with the King bed and she was misunderstood? I really felt rushed talking to her. Not nearly as helpful as most CM I have dealt with. Does anyone know how I can find out this information?
THANK SO MUCH IN ADVANCE IF YOU KNOW.

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-18-2011 at 04:02 PM.
magicalmemories5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #79
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Hi, I don't have the answer, but suggest calling special needs (Special Resort Reservations: 407-939-7807 option #1 ) and speaking with them. If that's who you called, call back and try speaking with another CM. I've found some to be very knowledgeable, but some not nearly as much. If you pm, I will be happy to give you the names of a couple of wonderful ones that helped us.

This map has POP HC room locations, but I found it a bit confusing:
http://disneyworldlinks.com/tools/Po...ayoutLarge.jpg

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 10-13-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: correction
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #80
magicalmemories5
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the response. I just gave that number a call and spoke to a very helpful CM. It was in their system for 2 rooms. I guess all rooms at POP with roll in showers are king size. I feel better knowing everyone will have a bed and my son won't complain about the floor (between his sister and the floor, he would choose the floor in a heartbeat thought!)
Sooooo looking forward to this trip!!

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-18-2011 at 04:12 PM.
magicalmemories5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #81
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

I'm so glad it's all worked out and you can relax and look forward to the trip.

And by the way, to the DIS!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #82
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Question HA in GF

I am sorry if this has been answered before.... I looked through about 6 pages on this thread and didn't see any info... so I thought I would ask.

Are there any full or semi HA rooms at the GF and if so does anyone have demensions or photos?

Thanks so much!

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #83
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
I am sorry if this has been answered before.... I looked through about 6 pages on this thread and didn't see any info... so I thought I would ask.

Are there any full or semi HA rooms at the GF and if so does anyone have demensions or photos?

Thanks so much!
They do have fully wheelchair accessible with roll in showers and rooms with tubs and grab bars.
I don't believe we have any pictures or measurements.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #84
dmlashultz
Earning My Ears

Accessible Rooms numbers, Wilderness Lodge

Just wanted to post our accessible room location from our trip in July 09.

Our extended family was in 3 rooms in a row.

Room 6082 was the accessible room. It had a king bed, oversized bathroom with roll-in shower & fold down bench. The balcony was a little oversized as well. (both of those made the actual room a little smaller, but plenty of room for a wheelchair.) Just 2 of us in that room. In general, accessibility was well thought out.

We adjoined to 6083, which had a queen and bunk beds. Room 6084 was a regular room with 2 queen beds.

All the rooms overlooked the beautiful lobby, and we had no problem with noise. The view off the balcony was "woods view". It was a fine view, but not stunning. There was some noise from deliveries in the early morning. It was not a problem unless I was out on the balcony early.

It was very convenient to run up to our room, we really loved staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

One other wheelchair note. Re: boat-- the large one is accessible, the smaller one, not. They alternate runs to the Magic Kingdom.

Laurie S.

Now waiting...Wilderness Lodge Nov 19-26 2011
Wilderness Lodge July 18-25 2009
Coronado Springs 4/2007 • WDW 3x as a kid, Contemporary
dmlashultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #85
weswife
DIS Veteran

Hi,

We are planning on staying at CSR!! This will be our frist stay!!! My question is what area would have a HC room close to the food court? My DD 16 is in a WC and would like to refill her mug or make a purchase such as a snack. We stayed at the CBR last may but the foodcourt was far away from our HC room!!!! It was close to a quiet pool and bus stop but the food court was too far for her to travel!!!!!! Any suggestions????
Old 11-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #86
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Issues at Saratoga Springs

I know others have posted about this--but had the misfortune--again--to get a studio/roll-in shower at SSR where the main closet is inaccessible to anyone with an assistive device because the bed is about 12-14 inches from the wall the closet is on. They claim they have NO roll-in shower rooms where there is an ability to fully get around the bed with assistive devices (in our case--a walker). Either you have a room that is accessible to assistive devices--or you have a room with a roll-in shower--you can't have both.

Thoughts and advice--management claims these rooms are ADA approved. . . .whatever that means?

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #87
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I know others have posted about this--but had the misfortune--again--to get a studio/roll-in shower at SSR where the main closet is inaccessible to anyone with an assistive device because the bed is about 12-14 inches from the wall the closet is on. They claim they have NO roll-in shower rooms where there is an ability to fully get around the bed with assistive devices (in our case--a walker). Either you have a room that is accessible to assistive devices--or you have a room with a roll-in shower--you can't have both.

Thoughts and advice--management claims these rooms are ADA approved. . . .whatever that means?
I don't have time to check out the ADA requirements tonight, but I think the requirement is for an access aisle of 36 inches on at least one side of the bed.
I can tell you that when we stay at SSR in a one bedroom unit, we have to move chairs in order for DD to be able to get thru the eating area to get to the living room area.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #88
toocherie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
I don't have time to check out the ADA requirements tonight, but I think the requirement is for an access aisle of 36 inches on at least one side of the bed.
I can tell you that when we stay at SSR in a one bedroom unit, we have to move chairs in order for DD to be able to get thru the eating area to get to the living room area.
Sue--were you ever able to check the ADA regs? Moving chairs would not bother me--but moving a bed is not on my agenda.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #89
toocherie

Oh and to add insult to injury, Member Services advised today that there are NO roll-in shown studios at the Villas at Grand Californian (not just that they were all taken--that none were actually constructed). I'm calling my guide tomorrow--this happened a month or two ago and I was told there were. I can't believe they wouldn't have any.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #90
steffali
DIS Veteran

Has anyone stayed at a HA room in BLT?? We are looking to book a 2BR villa there and need a roll in shower

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: