Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Our Disneymoon dining report....too much food + a lot of pictures

Hi everyone, I will be attempting my very first dining report. We were at Disney on our honeymoon from Oct. 6 to Oct. 16. The first 3 nights, we were on the DxDP and the last 7 nights we were on the DDP.

Here is a list of the places we ate in order
- Pepper Market- Tony's Town Square
- Coral Reef
- Le Cellier
- Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House
- Yak n' Yeti
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Planet Hollywood
- Ohana
- Artist Palette
- Fulton's Crab House
- Artist Palette
- Backlot Express
- Chefs de France
- The Turf Club
- Crystal Palace
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- 1900 Park Fare
- Artist Palette
- Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre
- Cape May Cafe
- Yak n' Yeti counter service
- Raglan Road
- Artist Palette

There are a couple of snacks along the way also.

Let's just say it was a lot of food and we definitely won't be doing the Deluxe plan again, although I liked the idea of having a sit down lunch and dinner, it was just too much food.

Here is a little background on us. We love eating anything, I am Vicki, a 27 year old claims agent and he is Denis, a 26 year old mechanic. It was his first visit to the world and my second time. I had gone back in 1991 and let's just say it has changed a lot since then.
Here is a picture of the 2 of us at the wedding ceremony

So the first place I will be reviewing is the Pepper Market. Our flight arrived at MCO at 1:07pm. We checked in at CSR at 2:30pm. We first went to find our room to be surprised with an upgrade. We were upgraded to a suite, it was great. After getting settled, we headed to the Pepper Market for a quick lunch.

We both had the ribs, don't mind the half eaten plate.... it took me a little while to remember to take the photo's before eating.

These were really good. Denis keeps saying they were the best ribs he had on the trip. For desert I had an Oreo Cake and he had a Strawberry Cake

Overall we loved the Pepper Market. It's too bad we only stayed there 3 nights because if we had more time, we would have definitely gone back.

Next up.... Tony's Town Square

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)

Last edited by vikkii19; 03-03-2011 at 06:47 AM.
vikkii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! Looking forward to the rest of your reviews!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
IckyMickey
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! I'm glad you liked PM. I love all their dessert options and the ribs looked great. I can't wait to read the rest!
Michelle
IckyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your wedding, the upgrade to a suite at the CSR (aren't they great?) and so glad you enjoyed Pepper Market. It gets a lot of knocks here, but there are those of us who enjoy it. Can't wait for more reviews.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
KateB
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to read more! We are headed to WDW for our honeymoon in December and many of the places you ate at we are planning on too.
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
cmcvean
Mouseketeer

Beautiful wedding picture! I can tell this is going to be a great review!!!! Thanks!!

Mom to 13, 12 10, 9

Jan 2002 - Polynesian Lagoon /Jan 2003 - Polynesian Concierge Lagoon /Jan 2004 - Pop, Polynesian Concierge Lagoon, ASM/May 2005 - Sheraton Vistana Resort/Jan 2007 - Pop Century/Aug 2007 - 10th Anniversary Disney Cruise /Nov 2008 - Eastern Carribean on the Magic! (Hurricane - turned into Western!) First trip to Ft. Wilderness Cabins Oct 29th for 9 nights!
cmcvean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Congrats!!!

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #8
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

Congratulations!!!! Looking forward to more reviews!

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
gardengirl628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #9
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Congratulations! Looking forward to the rest of your reviews!
Thanks, I'm hoping to add at least one review per night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IckyMickey View Post
Congratulations! I'm glad you liked PM. I love all their dessert options and the ribs looked great. I can't wait to read the rest!
Michelle
We both loved the PM, it's too bad we didn't try more there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Congratulations on your wedding, the upgrade to a suite at the CSR (aren't they great?) and so glad you enjoyed Pepper Market. It gets a lot of knocks here, but there are those of us who enjoy it. Can't wait for more reviews.
Thanks Kat, I had read a lot on the CSR thread before leaving and requested a room in the Casitas. We loved CSR and although it was spread out, we really enjoyed it and I think it made it a lot more quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB View Post
I can't wait to read more! We are headed to WDW for our honeymoon in December and many of the places you ate at we are planning on too.
All the food was great, hope you have a wonderful honeymoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcvean View Post
Beautiful wedding picture! I can tell this is going to be a great review!!!! Thanks!!
Thanks, that's just a picture my Dad took. I'm still waiting to get the photographer's pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Joining in. Congrats!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl628 View Post
Congratulations!!!! Looking forward to more reviews!
Thanks, will post more reviews soon.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 10-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
NuttyDisneyMom
Born and raised in WDW for 23 years:) Now we visit as often as possible!

Congrats and good luck with your marriage!!!! That oreo cake looks FABULOUS!!! Can't wait to read more
NuttyDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #11
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Dinner Day 1 - Tony's Town Square

Once we finished at the Pepper Market, we headed over to the MK for MNSSHP. We had dinner reservations at Tony's Town Square for 7:55pm. We got there at 7:45pm and were seated by 7:50pm.

I just found this reservation online about a week before we left and wanted to try Tony's, so I booked it. We both loved it.

Since we were on the deluxe plan, we got appetizers. I got the rock shrimp on crostini. It was really good and I ate all of it.

Denis ordered a ceasar salad as his appetizer. He said it was good, but he didn't care that it was all hearts of lettuce.

For my entree I ordered the seafood diavoli, it was very good, but very spicy.

Denis ordered new york strip steak. He said it was very good. Although with him any steak or ribs are good.

This is where I had the best dessert of the whole trip. I had never eaten creme brulee and didn't even know what it was. But by reading other dining reports everyone mentionned how good the Pistachio creme brulee was, so I had to try it. It was sooo good, the best dessert I've ever eaten.

Denis had the ice cream bomb. He said it was really good.

Next up, our second day at Epcot with lunch at the Coral Reef and dinner at Le Cellier.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 10-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #12
Hobby93
Earning My Ears

Congratulations! Hope u had a great honeymoon!! I look forward to reading your dining reviews.
Hobby93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #13
GovieMom
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the wedding, and thanks for the wonderful reviews so far. Your pictures are HUUUUUGE!!!!
GovieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #15
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on getting married!! Your dress is beautiful! My DH and I honeymooned at WDW 8 years ago (I can't believe it has been that long). Most recently in June we stayed at CSR. I am really enjoying your reviews!
belle8306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: