Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2009, 12:59 AM   #91
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

YAY! Congrats. Can't wait to read the TR
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #92
WDWBride04/19/2010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msGAJeepgurl View Post
Welp we're married
Congrats!

April 2013 - Cape Cod for our 3yr. wedding
anniversary and babymoon
April 17th-22nd, 2012 - Ocean City, MD for our 2yr.
wedding anniversary
Dec. 24th-28th, 2011 - Attitash
April 2011 - The Whitehall Hotel in Chicago for our
1yr. wedding anniversary
April 2010 - Y.C. for our Wishes wedding&Disneymoon
Dec. 2009-Jan. 2010 - offsite
Dec. 2008-Jan. 2009 - offsite
1983-2008 - many others I need to add
WDWBride04/19/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #93
Wish on a Star
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msGAJeepgurl View Post
Welp we're married, I'm going to start a TR Friday (ok, its mostly written actually...I'll just start posting it soon)

The wedding day reflection will have to come later because I need the pics! Keep watching!
Very exciting! Congrats!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #94
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Well, here is the beginning. I honestly dont know how good I will be at updating mostly because I've gotten the post-wedding blues. That and I am not feeling the love from DIS I guess? Maybe I need a break, maybe it needs a break from me. Not sure. Either way - I'll try to see this through promptly.

This is going to be my first TR ever, so please bear with me. I’ve got lots of pics & it seems kinda wordy, but I’ll post updates every other day until I’m done. I know how frustrating it can be to wait for updates. At the end of the TR I’ll give out my ratings on everything. I’ll try to get DH to interject at least a little something for every day, but I don’t know how easy that will be.

Day 1 (aka Sunday):
Basically we woke up this morning and decided, nope …. Still don’t feel married. Loaded up the car and walked down the hill to breakfast. I’m hoping to spend a weekend up at the resort again soon so we can get pictures, oh surprise btw honey! Anyway, we woke up took a look at the car

And basically got ready to go before heading to brunch with the family. Finally we got on the road.
This is our drive:

10 hours later, we see “The Sign.” We showed up through the only rain we really saw that week at I think it was 10 p.m. We unloaded, well ok paid a bellhop to do it, and then basically we crashed.The one great thing about our room (6086) was that we had a King bed & normal bathroom. View - not so good, huge bed with fluffy pillows & a normal shower was AWESOME. Yes that is me sleeping on the bed, I get car sick and this drive about killed me. Flying from now on.

All in all, not that exciting of a day I know. AS soon as I wrangle DH into writing is thoughts I'll post Day 2. Hopefully tomorrow or Thursday. Now I'm off to cook.
msGAJeepgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #95
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess22 View Post
YAY! Congrats. Can't wait to read the TR
Thank you I hope you enjoy the TR
Old 09-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #96
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish on a Star View Post
Very exciting! Congrats!
Thanks!! I hope yours goes wonderful. 1 week to go!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #97
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

Yea! I'm glad you started your TR. You guys stayed at Wilderness, right? I'm not sure if I missed that or not.
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #98
teddygurl28
DIS Veteran

Congrats Hun! SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!

glad to see you back and starting a TR
also cant wait to see pics from the wedding ( though i know we have to wait for those...)

ohhh 10hr drive? that would hurt me too....im not a good car person
2001(JAN)-All Star Music
2002(JUNE)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2008(SEPT)-Port Orleans Riverside
2010(SEPT)-Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
2011(SEPT)-Boardwalk Villas/Poly
2012(FEB)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2012(SEPT)-Boardwalk/Yacht Club
2013(SEPT)-Port Orleans French Quarter
2014(MAY)-Port Orleans Riverside
teddygurl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:56 AM   #99
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

OMG - I am so sorry this took so long, but I can honestly say that the reality of being married (1 whole month) caught up with us. Lives got busy & I failed you. My apologies....

Let me preface Day 2 with saying, those comments in RED, are comments from my DH. The PIC notes are where I'll update & add the photopass pics once I actually get the photopass.

Day 2, Monday – AK & HS:
AK
This was our first day at Disney. We woke up bright and early and took the car over to the AK for EMH. We showed up right at 9 a.m., because we do not possess the ability to be anywhere before 8 a.m. Right as we walked in we headed straight to Everest (DW LOVED the ride, although I LOVED her reaction more…lil’ miss “I-won’t-open-my-eyes”! LOL, HILARIOUS!) and along the way took some pics. Stitch was visiting the AK that day & decided to say hi to us.

PIC
PIC
We got our fast passes & then hopped in line to ride Everest. It was great because I do not think we waited more than 20 min the ENTIRE trip for a ride. Actually correct, we got our fast passes & went over to Jungle Cruise, which we LOVED!!!!, despite my bouncing out of the seat twice. We had a great shot of the flamingoes & of a giraffe.

From here we headed back to Asia (???) with a brief stop by food for some fruit & cokes. Thank God for free dining! Anyway, first ride on E & I screamed like a banshee. DH just laughed & laughed…I felt so loved & cherished. The couple in front of us made fun of me & egged us on before offering congrats. So as we left, they teased me & to show them wrong I got right back on again with them!
About this time I was ready to just take a break, so off we headed to the rapids. I must say, I was quite disappointed . . . the ride at Six Flags in GA is more exciting. We rode, we laughed, we wore ponchos & still I got my bum soaked. Once off I perfected the technique of drying & wrapping a poncho into a backpack without letting it soak anything else. I was quite good. (Actually folks, she’s a pro at this…) From here, we looked around and basically went . . . hey lets go walk through the jungle. We really did enjoy this. Got some great pics, isn’t my DH handsome!

Last edited by msGAJeepgurl; 10-15-2009 at 03:07 AM.

Tags
background, engagement, honeymoon, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: