Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
jennipherf
Earning My Ears

The Magic of Disney Animation Character Meeting?

What characters are at the end of The Magic of Disney Animation? In Feb it was Bolt and a few Incredible characters, have they updated it yet?
jennipherf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennipherf View Post
What characters are at the end of The Magic of Disney Animation? In Feb it was Bolt and a few Incredible characters, have they updated it yet?

Bolt has been replaced by Up.

If you go at 5 in the afternoon though, you'll be pleasantly surprised......
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
jennipherf
Earning My Ears

ooo surprised by what? I love Up! There was not a dry eye in the theatre when we saw it.
jennipherf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennipherf View Post
ooo surprised by what? I love Up! There was not a dry eye in the theatre when we saw it.

It's not about UP. It about characters. I called it "Character Palooza". They bring out a bunch of characters, some hard to find at other times, and you can go around and see them all. Then a half hour later they rotate with a bunch more. We saw the Evil Queen, Governor Ratcliffe, The Queen of Hearts, Mary Poppins and her Penguin, Jafar, Gepetto and Pinocchio, Chip and Dale, Minnie, Goofy and Max.... and I might have missed one or 2!

I had "Character Palooza" written in my trip planning book on a list of things I wanted to do. I also used that book as an autograph book. The Evil Queen started looking through the book, making fun of the stuff in it. She made fun of my term "Character Palooza" and called over to her character handler "Is THAT what we're calling it now????" It was a lot of fun with time for a lot of interaction.

I initially heard they only did it on non Fantasmic days, but now hear it's been happening on Fantasmic days as well. It was one of the highlights of our trip!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #5
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
It's not about UP. It about characters. I called it "Character Palooza". They bring out a bunch of characters, some hard to find at other times, and you can go around and see them all. Then a half hour later they rotate with a bunch more. We saw the Evil Queen, Governor Ratcliffe, The Queen of Hearts, Mary Poppins and her Penguin, Jafar, Gepetto and Pinocchio, Chip and Dale, Minnie, Goofy and Max.... and I might have missed one or 2!

I had "Character Palooza" written in my trip planning book on a list of things I wanted to do. I also used that book as an autograph book. The Evil Queen started looking through the book, making fun of the stuff in it. She made fun of my term "Character Palooza" and called over to her character handler "Is THAT what we're calling it now????" It was a lot of fun with time for a lot of interaction.

I initially heard they only did it on non Fantasmic days, but now hear it's been happening on Fantasmic days as well. It was one of the highlights of our trip!
Wow, what a cool hidden gem!
I wish I had known about that! Thanks for posting!

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
henrylovespooh
DIS Veteran

We discovered the Animation character meet and greet last year - thanks for this information as well! I love the term Character Palooza! We don't do much at DHS - kids are too old for Playhouse Disney and too young for RNR and TOT - but they still love meeting characters. We'll definitely go around 5 p.m.
Swan 1997 * Poly 1996 * CSR 2002 * WL 2003 * ASMo 2005 & 2006 * Dolphin 2007 * Poly 2008 * AKL 2009 * AKL 2010 * CSR 2012
henrylovespooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attractions, character appearances, characters, dhs, rides

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: