Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

New Dining Experience Coming to Victoria and Albert's

I had dinner at Victoria and Albert's tonight, and both my lead server and the assistant manager talked with me about a new experience that is being developed to debut this fall or winter.

"The Victoria Room" is the working title (nothing official yet) for a 12-16 course dinner (the details are still being worked out) that will be served in the small room off the main dining area. There will be all new menus and wine pairings for this dinner that will surpass the Chef's Table in sumptuousness and service. They are still designing all parts of the experience, but I was told to expect lots of table side cooking and fabulous food presentation with an unsurpassed attention to detail. They expect to limit the number of diners to 12-16, with the largest table probably being a 6 top. They are super excited about this challenge to bring a new higher level of service and interaction to a brand new and special menu designed exclusively for this room. The CMs will all be trained in this new "ballet", as Mike called it, and they are charged up to learn all that will be involved. The cost will be $295.00 per person, inclusive of the wine pairings. I was told that I am only the second guest to be told about this experience, with the first being another DISer who dined there last night.

They do not yet have a launch date, but hope to be up and running by the Christmas season of 2009, and possibly earlier.

Also currently under design, hopefully to premiere in October, is a web site exclusively for Victoria and Albert's, victoria_albert.com. It will have menu and other news, and will allow easy access to their latest and greatest without visitors having to excavate through all the levels of the main Disney World web site to find them. Again, the web site is not yet open, but is coming soon. Another change is that they will have a direct phone number for reservations, (407)-WDW-DVNA.

The best part of talking with them about all these changes was seeing how excited they are about what is to come.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: