Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #616
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLizbeth View Post
Has it been confirmed that Colonel and Babylonia will be leaving? Are artifacts absolutely going to Hong Kong?
Word from a former AC CM is that one of the two Colonels is already on his way, if not there already.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #617
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Well hold your horses because I'm hearing a new rumor that AC is to reopen (on our beloved Pleasure Island) by January 1st.

BobK/Orlando
Odd rumor. Can you hint to your source, without costing anybody their job? Seems an weird date. Disney FY begins 10/1, 1/1 is essentially meaningless to the company. And why just miss out on the two busiest weeks of the year?

Would 8-Traxx/Mannequins/anything else be reopening as well?
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #618
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
Seems a weird date.
This rumor said by January 1st, not January 1st itself. Cannot name source but even if I did, it's still just a rumor and not any better or worse than all the others that have come and gone this past year. I haven't even posted this one on my Save Pleasure Island Blog yet although interestingly it does kind of fit with a different rumor I posted on the Blog on September 11th.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #619
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Quote:
Well hold your horses because I'm hearing a new rumor that AC is to reopen (on our beloved Pleasure Island) by January 1st.

BobK/Orlando
Yup... I stand by what I said a few months back. I said it was a rumor from a well placed source, but it probably qualifies more as evidence.
Of course, things can and do change...

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #620
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maistre Gracey View Post
Yup... I stand by what I said a few months back. I said it was a rumor from a well placed source, but it probably qualifies more as evidence.
Well on 7/19/09 you said you had a "unique" rumor that had AC reopening in some form. Are you now able to elaborate on that more? My source is saying that it should reopen by January 1st.

BobK/Orlando
Old 09-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #621
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Between the money they are spending for upgrades at DCA and now the MK, I doubt there's much money left to retheme PI. Cheapest thing would be to reopen the successful venues like AC.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #622
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

Soundstage has now had all electronics ripped out of it.

The destruction continues /cry

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #623
Trinitys Ghost
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Between the money they are spending for upgrades at DCA and now the MK, I doubt there's much money left to retheme PI. Cheapest thing would be to reopen the successful venues like AC.
Hiya lugnut33 - I'm sure someone can explain it better than I, but the west coast Disney parks are operated and funded by different groups than the east coast. I've had it explained to me by folks in the know, but it gets a little jumbled on the way out of my lips (heh).

I too heard the tip on one of the Colonel's heading to HK. Maybe they'll make a wise decision to keep the other here, if they decide to reopen the Club. Feels like a pipe dream to me now, though.

Anyone else excited for ConGaloosh? I'm certain for those not fortunate to attend that there will be photos and video from those going.

Missing The Adventurers Club
Trinitys Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #624
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitys Ghost View Post

Anyone else excited for ConGaloosh? I'm certain for those not fortunate to attend that there will be photos and video from those going.
I'm counting the days! I'm planning on taking lots of pictures and taping as much as possible, and I know other people are as well. (I'm just praying we don't get sick before then; Swine Flu is running rampant in our town right now!)
Old 09-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #625
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Quote:
Well on 7/19/09 you said you had a "unique" rumor that had AC reopening in some form. Are you now able to elaborate on that more? My source is saying that it should reopen by January 1st.

BobK/Orlando
I really wish I could, but it's pretty sensitive.
Just to reiterate though, something very well may have been planned, but as we all know plans do change. That doesn't make the info incorrect, it just makes it outdated.

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #626
newlife
Earning My Ears

very sad what has happened to PI. last week i walked through PI with a friend and all she could say was " what happened here". she is an orlando resident and was fairly shocked as to how barren it was. the only activity was a dj and a few cm's trying to get people, about 10 of them to do the chicken dance. as we left PI she said to me that if we want any nightlife i guess we have to go to citywalk.

hopefully something gets done here soon. it was sad to see what has happened here.

i told he there is some nightlife at Boardwalk but we agreed that it isnt the same as going to the clubs at PI
Wilderness Lodge --2004
Saratoga Springs-- 2005
Port Orleans-- 2007
Boardwalk Villas-- 2007
Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas---2009
Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas--- 2010
Old Key West---2011
Saratoga Springs---2012, 2X
Boardwalk Villas---2012
Bay Lake Towers 2013---celebrating my victory over mantle cell lymphoma

New Dis Name...i am beginning a new life ... i am earning another set of ears....a Dis member since 2002.
newlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #627
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife View Post
Hopefully something gets done here soon.
Well I've stumbled onto some information about the names of restaurants that may be coming to PI once the economy picks up and Landrys (and/or others) are ready to proceed. You can view my article at: www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com

Just think....the Adventurers Club could be replaced with the Hot Dog Hall of Fame! Check it out; it appears that PI officials have bought into this.

BobK/Orlando
Old 09-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #628
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Well I've stumbled onto some information about the names of restaurants that may be coming to PI once the economy picks up and Landrys (and/or others) are ready to proceed. You can view my article at: www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com

Just think....the Adventurers Club could be replaced with the Hot Dog Hall of Fame! Check it out; it appears that PI officials have bought into this.

BobK/Orlando
Well, if they are reading - NO FRAKKIN WAY! I will NOT go to Pleasure Island for a hot dog, hall of fame or otherwise! If I want a historical hot dog, I'll go to downtown Boston and fine Joe&Nemos - at least that has a NAME related to Disney!

All those names strike me like its just a food court at a mall so unsuccessful they couldn't even get a mini-McDonalds to occupy the space and is just a bunch of no-name stations.

Edit: I went to the other web site, and I can see that its just a bunch of concepts, some in existence somewhere, some in process, and others perhaps only dreamed of so far, buy the guy who dreams up most of Landry's places...nothing particular to tie any in particular to PI other than that meeting in 2008 where Schussler was probably pitching grandiose ideas...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Last edited by doconeill; 09-17-2009 at 07:52 PM.
doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #629
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

All those names strike me like its just a food court at a mall so unsuccessful they couldn't even get a mini-McDonalds to occupy the space and is just a bunch of no-name stations.
Exactly what I was thinking!
It's just sad. Disney used to be the best at everything they tried. I'm amazed they have fallen this far.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #630
DC7800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just think....the Adventurers Club could be replaced with the Hot Dog Hall of Fame!
First we get a display of Princess Di's dresses. Next the Hot Dog Hall of Fame.

Does anyone remember when Disney used to stand for something special?
DC7800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: