Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #1966
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
KC & Roger thank you for our invite, it was great to see the suite, hope you got the chocolate squares home without melting.

No more plans for us cruising with Magic in Europe next year. Will probably wait for new ships and new itineries now. I think next August will be 25 nights at WDW unless we do a split stay, another consideration is flying into NYC and driving down, calling to see friends in NC.
We thoroughly enjoyed hosting everyone in the Walt suite. I was chatting with the ship's hotel director and remarked about the wonderful furnishings in the room - particularly all the little "knick knacks" on the shelves. He said that was all deliberately picked out by the Disney Imagineers - all something that either Walt would have used himself or represented his interests.

Really interesting stuff - wish I had known that before the party so we could all look at it together.

Yes, the chocolates were wonderful. I am a confirmed choco-holic. The box made it safely home but alas was demolished within 24 hours.

We'll be in WDW in the middle of August in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedustdawn View Post
Hi everyone,

I just got in last night and this morning when I woke up I realized I am now the stateroom attendant, dining room server and assistant! It was a rude awakening.

I booked 4 more next August on the Wonder. Yes, I am also sick of Nassau, but love the Disney experience too much to pass it up. Hope to see some of you next August. I had a great time and it was a pleasure meeting all of you.

Dawn
We all know what you mean about the rude awakening.

We're on the August 22, 2010 Wonder. Hope that's when you are sailing, too. We're going to do another deep sea fishing trip. Since we caught absolutely nothing in Grand Cayman, we're hoping to have some luck in Nassau.

Happy Labor Day holiday to everyone in the U.S....the unofficial end to summer. Kids start school this week.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #1967
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Has anyone gotten sick since you've been home? I definitely was feeling a bit under the weather last week - very tired. Felt like I was fighting something beyond post cruise depression.

DD has a head cold.

We went through the same thing the last time we were on the Magic. I remember a lot in our DIS group came home and caught some kind of virus.

I don't think it was anything we caught onboard or at any of the port stops. I think its more feeling exhausted and run down and more susceptible to viruses.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #1968
RichieGraciemom
DIS Veteran

getting kids ready for first day of school and my daughter wants to wear her new disney cruise line shirt and i of course said aokay. home two days ago after a week in disney after our magical cruise. my husand said it was his best vacation ever. cant wait to do another one, but probably in two years. hope everyone had fun and happy labor day. "HOPE TRUST AND PIXIE DUST" I hope thats it, my seven year old knows it better then me.
JOined dvc in 2005 . SSR owners and Now New owners at AKV. have been home so many times since buying our friends want to give us a map of the world to show us that there are other places that exist besides Disney, I tell them no way!!!!!Going to Ssr in Febraury and 10 year anniversary cruise Aug 09 followed by a week at animal kingdom villas.
RichieGraciemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #1969
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
Has anyone gotten sick since you've been home? I definitely was feeling a bit under the weather last week - very tired. Felt like I was fighting something beyond post cruise depression.
The day we were in Cozumel I developed a sore throat - presumably from a little postnasal drip. I assumed it was from the shock between the warm humid outside air and the dry air-conditioned interior air. The day we got back my wife was starting to get sick - a bit of a head cold, and my daughter started feeling sick on Sunday. Monday she was having cramps and vomiting - symptoms we assumed were a combination of 'that time of month' and being a bit more sick. She stayed the same through Wednesday but was a lot worse Thursday so we took her to the doctor. That night they operated on a burst appendix and, as of today, we are hoping she'll be able to leave the hospital next weekend.

So two of us, maybe three, got sick at the end of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieGraciemom View Post
"HOPE TRUST AND PIXIE DUST" I hope thats it, my seven year old knows it better then me.
I believe it is "Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust." I have the CDs of several musicals in my collection; I wish I could get CDs for Twice Charmed and Disney Dreams.

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #1970
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you so much for all of the wonderful FE gifts and for all of the smiling faces all over the ship! It was really nice to meet all of you.

KC and Roger, thank you so much for hosting such a nice get together. Your suite was so beautiful, I hope you continued to really enjoy it all week.

I'm sorry to hear of all those sick after the cruise. We actually got it on board. I started with a fever, sore throat and cough on Tuesday, Jack got it on Thursday and Ryan was so sick on Friday, I thought we were going to have to airlift him off of the ship. I've never seen him that sick and his fever that out of control. Jack and I both felt like we were run over by a truck all of last week and all 3 of us are still coughing. My friend who is a pediatric nurse swears we had H1N1. When I saw the ship's doctor on Wednesday, he told me to use my inhaler, take tylenol and drink a lot of rum to kill the germs!!! We had a beautiful week, non the less.

How lucky were we with the weather and the Tropical systems?!!

I'm not sure when our next Disney cruise will be. We priced Europe next summer and it was really out of control!!! I think we'll be doing a land vacation next year. Remember Friday's the day for the announcement of the new itineraries!! I'm hoping for Alaska!!

Take Care!!

Terri

Jan 2010 RCCL Liberty of the Seas

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Aug 2009 Disney Magic Western
May 2009 RCCL Explorer of the Seas
Nov 2008 RCCL Liberty of the Seas Western
March 2008 RCCL Adventure of the Seas Southern
August 2007 Disney Land/Sea/Land Polynesian/Wonder/Beach Club
March 2007 RCCL Majesty of the Seas Bahamas
October 2004 Disney Magic Eastern
December 2000 WDW Contemporary
March 1997 WDW Polynesian
January 1992 RCCL Monarch of the Seas Southern
June1990 RCCL Song of America Western Honeymoon
julielouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #1971
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Hope you dont mind the re-post...here's our crew:

For the record...I ALWAYS get sick from airplane air and am finally today over my post-cruise cold :P
Mackie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:30 AM   #1972
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Bev-

Matt has been trying to email James. It keeps coming back as an error. Did he change his email address?

Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #1973
aidtrismommy
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to post one last time as I need some closure from that wonderful vacation. It was my first Disney cruise and I will now never cruise Carnival again. I am a Disney freak and just can't see myself anywhere else. I missed the sail away party and the pirate party (naps/bedtimes for my 2 boys) so I will definately need to go again soon to see what I missed. We will be aiming for sometime in 2011. We will be in Disney World the first week in Jan 2010!! So excited for that. We didn't really meet any fellow cruisers aside from the lovely family in the Walt suite (that was a highlight of my trip). It was a lot of work juggling naps, activities, meals, and shows with a 1 and 3 year old, but I wouldn't change it for anything. It was the BEST. I want to go back now. My son lost his "chip" figurine (from Beauty and the Beast) somewhere in our stateroom and keeps asking to go back and get it. I want to say YES!! Ok, signing off, and I hope everyone gets many more Disney cruises in their future.
2010 CBR*2011 BWV*2011 Disney Dream*2012 BCV
2013 OKW*2014 Disney Magic*2014 THV
aidtrismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #1974
Pixiedustdawn
Mouseketeer

Hi all,

I did see a lot of people coughing and sneezing on board the August 29th cruise, including the crew.

We all did get sick here too, dh on the way home boarding the plane, dd missed the first day of school and I had to not think about it being sick and take care of them. I started not feeling so great mid week on my last cruise. Coughing an congestion. DD has the fever and vomiting. It is like a little souveneir, I guess.

We now have five cruises with the Wonder planned for next year. (August)Yes, I will be cruising with you KC!! Third year in a row! I just hope we are just as lucky with the weather next August as we were this August. We loved coming up to see you in your suite. That was so nice of you to open your doors to us and have goodies for everyone!

I have a few cruises planned for Feb, March, June and July, with another cruise line. I am wishing I were spending it on Disney instead.

Hope everyone is feeling better!!
Pixiedustdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #1975
Pixiedustdawn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelover1 View Post
Viewed the photos. You guys look so happy. Heather you were stunning
How are you feeling? Did you ever get to the doctor and find out what was happening to you? I felt so bad for you that last night. There definitely was something strange going around on the ship those last days and the following week it seemed like everyone had something.

When I saw you that night I was looking for my dd and later on found out that she was in the movie theatre with your son. That is why I couldn't find her in all the usual places.

Hope you book for next August, it would be nice to see everyone back on board again!!
Pixiedustdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #1976
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

Wink

Hi Dawn,
No I did not go to doctor. I was feeling better by Sunday however it went through the whole family. Body aches, temp, coughing (I was the only one who vomited) I wish we could go cruising again soon, but alas we have to wait until 2011. Maybe we can catch you the following August! Kyle won his first soccer game today, assisted on two goals, he was great. Well hopefully will hear from everyone soon. Christi, Kyle e mailed Matt. Did he get it?
kylelover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #1977
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelover1 View Post
Hi Dawn,
No I did not go to doctor. I was feeling better by Sunday however it went through the whole family. Body aches, temp, coughing (I was the only one who vomited) I wish we could go cruising again soon, but alas we have to wait until 2011. Maybe we can catch you the following August! Kyle won his first soccer game today, assisted on two goals, he was great. Well hopefully will hear from everyone soon. Christi, Kyle e mailed Matt. Did he get it?
No, Matt did not gat an email fron Kyle. He did get one from James, but for some reason we keep getting an error unable to deliver.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #1978
trimix
DIS Veteran

Hi all,
I wanted to report Kirstin finally came home from the hospital today. She is doing a lot better now, and is back to her normal self - except that she is a bit slower than usual.

Unfortunately I don't think there is any way I could take another cruise next year, but if I find another job before medical and COBRA bills put me too deep in the hole I plan to be on either the LA to Vancouver repo or the 8/23/11 Alaska cruise. Maybe I'll see some of you in my part of the world

WDW 8/2008
Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #1979
trimix
DIS Veteran

Hi all,
I wanted to report Kirstin finally came home from the hospital today. She is doing a lot better now, and is back to her normal self - except that she is a bit slower than usual.

Unfortunately I don't think there is any way I could take another cruise next year, but if I find another job before medical and COBRA bills put me too deep in the hole I plan to be on either the LA to Vancouver repo or the 8/23/11 Alaska cruise. Maybe I'll see some of you in my part of the world

WDW 8/2008
Old 09-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #1980
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
Hi all,

Brian,
We are looking at the 8/23 cruise, too.

Christi

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: