Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #586
Jessfrogger88
Mouseketeer

That is the only Earl of Sandwhich i've ever encountered.. I dig it.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #587
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Earl of Sandwich

...also one in Planet Hollywood (Las Vegas)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #588
AprilLizbeth
Big-time dork!

I know its an extremely remote possibility, but I'm still hoping for AC and 8Trax to reopen. These were such unique clubs and without a nightlife, our Disney vacations are just not the same.

We are now a family! Baby Joseph was born October 5, 2012!
AprilLizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #589
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLizbeth View Post
I know its an extremely remote possibility, but I'm still hoping for AC and 8Trax to reopen. These were such unique clubs and without a nightlife, our Disney vacations are just not the same.
remote is being optimistic

but I agree with you, at least about the AC

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #590
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLizbeth View Post

Mannequins was more unique than 8-trax. 8-trax was formerly "the cage" and when they redid it, they only spent 250 dollars at a thrift shop on some old stuff. When the theme did well, they did a further rehab, but there wasn't a whole lot to the theme overall. 8-trax could be recreated pretty easily I think.

Mannequins on the other hand was much more unique. The combination of theme, rotating floor, and amazing light and sound systems lead the industry for many years.

AC was indeed unique. There truly is nothing like it, although I didn't care much for it.

Don't get me wrong, I actually worked at 8-trax a lot on my first college program and visited the club frequently, but it could be recreated. Please continue to tell Disney you are disappointed at the lack of night life options on property. Then, since we know they won't listen anyway, go patronize citywalk on a Thursday night. At least then you can get some good 80s music at the groove

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #591
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey81808 View Post
I DO like top 40. My husband always comments that I have the music taste of a High School Freshman. I'm very diverse in my music choices, my IPOD goes from Jay- Z to Kerli. We did go to 8 track I guess overall the crowd was just way to old to me. It looked like old people trying to regain there youth and very classless people ALSO I wasn't offended by the fact that the three woman were dancing together they were just not attractive and older like in their 40's. Gay or not that to me is way too old to be doing that. Also I think because I'm originally from NYC and live in Boston my expectations of clubbing or going out are a bit higher.
hrm says your from Worcester, considering that I wouldn't have such high club expectations and since the hay day of large clubs in boston is gone and now all we have is a house of bluesand a bunch of little lounges. those of you from the area know we used to have one in harvard sq but it closed and now they brought a new one back in kenmore sq. My point you ask. Well unless you were clubbing in the 80s and 90s your reference point to high end night club in boston or nyc is a bit off since now we have lounges and not night clubs boston used to have all of Lansdowne, narsicuss and in saugus you had the club complex. Dont recall any of these being in worcester and as for nyc the big old clubs palladium, 44, and as well as all the undergound members only clubs that only live on as a high priced lounge are all but gone and forgoten. So when you see a bunch of ladies that are older then you trying to get down and boogie remember those are the mommas that were hot and helped make the club scene you think is so hot not. Im not that old but I remember enough to know that they paved the way for me to boogie on today tomorrow and forever.

So though I dont think dt disney will get me to come back since the closed adventurers club if you want to dance kick of your shoes and dance already.
Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #592
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
The hay day of large clubs in boston is gone and now all we have is a house of bluesand a bunch of little lounges.
It is true that most mega-clubs everywhere have closed down in favor of so-called ultra-lounges. Orlando is no exception. But larger cities can and still do support mega-clubs, particularly tourist-oriented cities like New York, Washington, Miami, Las Vegas, etc. Orlando still has its share of large venues.

Yeah, get down and boogie! But on Disney property, it's now very limited.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #593
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

I don't have any deets, but I heard Disney is having some sort of internal event concerning PI on September 27th. That just so happens to be the 1 year mark..

Call me an eternal optimist clinging for hope...

MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #594
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Location: Living in Fantasy Land on most days but sleeping in Spring Hill, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maistre Gracey View Post
I don't have any deets, but I heard Disney is having some sort of internal event concerning PI on September 27th. That just so happens to be the 1 year mark..

Call me an eternal optimist clinging for hope...

MG
Coincidentally, it's the date of the Congaloosh event as well...
rebecca06261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #595
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca06261 View Post
Coincidentally, it's the date of the Congaloosh event as well...
Well I wonder if it's one in the same...

MG

Old 09-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #596
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Well I wonder if it's one in the same...

MG
I don't think they are related. ConGaloosh isn't a Disney sponsored event, it's sponsored by a non-profit organization. Plus, it's open to anyone who bought a ticket. I assume the internal thing is a private Disney function. So I think the timing is more of a coincidence. It could be that the internal thing is intentionally being held at the one year anniversary of the closure, just as ConGaloosh is. I don't think one has anything to do with the other, though.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #597
Maistre Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurvy View Post
I don't think they are related. ConGaloosh isn't a Disney sponsored event, it's sponsored by a non-profit organization. Plus, it's open to anyone who bought a ticket. I assume the internal thing is a private Disney function. So I think the timing is more of a coincidence. It could be that the internal thing is intentionally being held at the one year anniversary of the closure, just as ConGaloosh is. I don't think one has anything to do with the other, though.
I agree.. I'm just wondering if my source got confused and thought Congaloosh was an internal Disney event.
That is unless someone else can verify??..

MG

Old 09-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #598
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
I agree.. I'm just wondering if my source got confused and thought Congaloosh was an internal Disney event.

MG
http://www.congaloosh.org/

It's essentially an AC fan convention.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #599
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:

MG
Oh, sorry - I misunderstood. I do wish there really would be an internal event and that they would announce the reopening of the AC and other clubs, but I could see someone hearing about ConGaloosh and getting confused. I'm certainly not holding my breath for any news about PI any time soon - I'm starting to think it's destined to stay a ghost town for a long, long time. But maybe there will be some great announcement sometime!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #600
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Zulemara reports that there is some kind of Pleasure Island cast member reunion scheduled for the 27th as well. I have no further details on it at this time.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: