Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 07:57 AM   #271
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
which fireworks show?
I saw them 2001 (summer) and 2005 (Oct) - not busy then. I also saw the Electric Parade in DCA.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #272
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

So I may not need to work on Monday! Well.... not for 4 hours, at least.

My boss has been acting weird with the schedule lately, and even though I wrote him a letter telling him about my vacation (he's in in the mornings and I come in at night, so I don't see him much) he has messed it up...

On Friday, I was supposed to be covering for someone, but he put me on the schedule, then crossed me out... but then added me again. I was confused, but went in anyway, and they did need me, so that was good. But then he didn't have me down for Monday night, even though I said I was leaving Tuesday.

So I don't have to go in, but I talked to my coworker, and she said she could use the help from 5-6, and the person who is supposed to be covering for me is going to be alone from 6-7, so if I could come in to help her, and I can stay or leave after that. So I'm probably going to leave after that to go finish everything that needs to be done. We're ALMOST THERE!!!! Soooo excited!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #273
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

2 days!!!!!!
In Liberty Square, where they have the building fronts with just door after door, stop and take a look at them. The addresses on the doors are all two numbers. If you put 18 in front of them, that is the style of door they would have had for that year.
There are no bathrooms located in Liberty Square, in keeping with the time period of that area.
In Liberty Square, look down at the main walkway (which is also the parade route). Instead of just plain cement, there's also an area a couple feet wide that goes all the way down the walkway and looks like a brownish/yellow gravel. The gravel area represents the urine trough.
Look at the 2nd story windows in Liberty Square. One has a rifle and another has 2 lanterns for "1 if by land, 2 if by sea.”
Old 08-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #274
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

So I have kept bugging my mother, as an early birthday present, to give me some money to take to Disney with me.... and she kept going "We'll see, we'll see." So finally, I dropped it.

However, as I have mentioned somewhere, she told me I need to clean my room before I leave on the plane. And she has repeatedly told me this. And this morning I found out why....

She had "hidden" (in plain sight) a note saying Happy (early) Birthday, with some money for me to take!

Now I see why she told me to clean my room... Whoops...
Old 08-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #275
silverangel879
Who you callin' a princess? It's PIRATE PRINCESS to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
She had "hidden" (in plain sight) a note saying Happy (early) Birthday, with some money for me to take!

Now I see why she told me to clean my room... Whoops...
That is cool!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #276
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Ok! This is probably my final post unless we get bored at the airport and actually have a signal on the laptop! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! That's so cool that you're mom gave you your bday present early! Well i'll be on the plane in 10hrs and in florida in 12 1/4 hrs as long as we take off on time! Well I guess I will see you at one of the pool parties I Hope or maybe AIE!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:23 AM   #277
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Alright everyone - it's the last day!

1 day!!!!!!!
The frontage of each country is exactly the same, as is the height of their tallest feature (e.g., mountains in Canada, Eiffel tower, etc.). Some spread out inside more than others, but the frontage on the walkway is the same. They wanted to make sure everyone was equal—forced perspective is what makes some look taller.

In Norway, the roof has grass growing on it! Horticulture CMs get up on the roof and trim the grass with clippers since they don’t seem to have a goat to keep up there as they do in Norway.

So I think we're done shopping and everything.... I bought a new SD card (4 gbs for 15$, which was better than the 20 for 2 I was seeing at other places) which will hold over 2000 photos.... I think I'm all set now!

Lou got new sandals (which he tried to make me think were Crocs... then let me down... ) and shorts. He's packed, he says.. but we're going to go over everything before he comes over, just in case. I think he's good to go though.

I went to bed at midnight last night, and got up at 6 (it was supposed to be 5) so that I'd be really tired tonight and go to bed as soon as I get home, so I can be up at 5 tomorrow to head out. My ME tags are attached, one bag is packed, and one bag is almost done being packed - just need the things I'll use today.

Good thing is that I still am in a sense of "is it happening?" Therefore, I'm not going to be up all night - unless I get a shock of reality today. (By the way, I'm wearing a Disney shirt to work today! Alice in Wonderland. It's not coming with me on the trip.)

Alright everyone, I will be on tonight, but I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to check during the day today.

Have a magical day!

Last edited by ZeroToHero; 05-18-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:06 AM   #278
DisneyBarlans
DIS Veteran

Wow-almost time to leave-I'm so excited for you!!! Sounds like you have everything in order. Have a great trip!!!!!!!!

We made our ADR's for Thanksgiving-now that we have ADR's it finally feels real!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #279
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBarlans View Post
Wow-almost time to leave-I'm so excited for you!!! Sounds like you have everything in order. Have a great trip!!!!!!!!

We made our ADR's for Thanksgiving-now that we have ADR's it finally feels real!!!!!!
Thanks! I'll try. Even on vacations, I can't get away from scrapping...
The amount of pictures I want to take to use all the pieces I get is going to be insane...

And yay for ADRs! I still don't feel like it's real.... I am, as you can tell, confused.

I know we're going, and I'm excited... but I'm not.. excited? Like, when I found out that we were upgraded to SSR, I freaked out, and was excited then. But now I'm like "oh, ho-hum, we're leaving in 20 hours." Well, that was a little exciting.. maybe there's hope for me yet!

I wonder if I overplanned?
I've gone over what we can/could/should do so many times, that I still think it's all just getting planned, and not actually happening?

I apologize for the self-analysis.. this is what happens when you read a Psych major's pre-trip report!

Oh well. Not long now!

I've laminated the LGMHs and my touring plans, so now I think I want some breakfast. I am not feeling well still, but I think it's because I haven't eaten since dinner, and I've been up for three hours already. I can't get sick!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #280
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

How exciting. I was hoping I would get a chance to get on before you left....again I am really behind! LOL! I hope Lou maked American Idol, but just the experience of trying out will be too cool!
Have fun. I bet it will hit you tonihgt. I plan ALOT and still am super excited, and even the whole week there I have the adrenaline going big time. Then when I come home I totally crash....for months! LOL!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #281
New England Eeyore
Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe are my boyfriends!
You try being a country music fan in Boston - it just ain't done!
M&M Artist Extraodinaire

Yay for you!! Have a wonderful time!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #282
tinkerbell3747
DIS Veteran

YEAH!!!

It's actually time to get ready to go! So excited for you two, pleas tell Lou someone in the Cayman Islands is wishing him luck during his AI Experience...

Cant wait to read the TR...but I can wait long enough to make sure you guys totally enjoy your trip!

Safe Travels! and HAVE FUN!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #283
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone for the wishes (and Lou says thanks too!)

We're all packed, and will be going to sleep soon!

I'm finally excited! Getting butterflies now. And I need to wake up early and take photos of Lou before he gets up, for my ABC "Zzzz" scrapbooking page..

Thank you everyone, for following this...

And I look forward to seeing you in the trip report!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why are you reading this? Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #284
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Have a great, safe, and magically wonderful trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
Old 08-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #285
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Just missed you guys...we came home on the 25th. Hope you're having fun!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: