Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2009, 07:06 AM   #256
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
That's only true in WDW, Disneyland is not as organized. Also if you think the hub is crowded for wishes try watching a fireworks show in Disneyland.
I learned that on the KTTK tour in WDW, I don't have lots of useless knowledge about DL though ... done the DL hub for fireworks before and I did notice the difference!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #257
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I did the Keys to the World tour too! And the Segway around the World. Those were the coolest tours - I wanted to do them this trip, if we had booked 10 days, but no dice with Lou. After I convert him into a Disney lover though, then we can do them!

..Why is there no evil cackling smiley? Best I can do is
++

Woah! Is this new?

So cool! I've never seen that before....

Anyway.. Fact of the Day!

1 week!

This one is for the inside of the theatre of It's Tough To Be A Bug. The announcer says something to the effect of "Will all honorary bugs please remain seated so the beetles, maggots and cockroaches may exit safely." If you look up at the ceiling, you will see "swarms" of lights. They all fly toward the doors. Look to your left at the exit signs and you will see little firefly-type creatures lighting up the exit sign as they exit the theatre. (That is, if you can look…. without being surprised…. Hehehehehe. )

The "surprise", if anyone has seen this, is the little bump that rolls under your seat, like bugs going to the exit. I don't think his family did this last time, so that should be new for him.

One week left!!!!!!!

Right now we should be winging our way over the east coast, landing in about an hour and a half.

Woohoo!

And Villainess will be landing in an hour.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2009, 01:02 AM   #258
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
I learned that on the KTTK tour in WDW, I don't have lots of useless knowledge about DL though ... done the DL hub for fireworks before and I did notice the difference!
which fireworks show?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 08-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #259
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

6 days!!
In the United Kingdom, the shops change to represent all the styles. One shop represents the 1700s and has a sign out front that says Est. 1702. It has higher ceilings and basic wrought iron lighting fixtures. If you look at it from the outside, you can see the cantilever build. That served two purposes-the first was a legal form of tax evasion. Subjects were taxed on the square footage of the downstairs. Second and even more visual was what they threw out the upstairs windows into the drains that ran down the center of the streets. Just another reason gentlemen walked nearer the road and wore large brimmed hats while ladies walked very near the buildings.

Ewwww................

They have the same sort of thing in Liberty Square as well.... and yes, there is a Liberty Square Fact of the Day too - it's coming up on Sunday!

It's so cool looking at my ticker and seeing that there are fewer days until Disney than days we'll be spending there!

Colleen, Tammy, and I calculated this out last night: I have (as of this post) 139 hours until Disney!

It's getting pretty sad when you have to calculate out the hours to keep yourself busy....
Old 08-21-2009, 12:12 AM   #261
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jen!!

So I was slacking yesterday, and then lost track of time... so here are the facts for Days 5 and 4!

5 days!!!
A little Star Tours tip. Listen to the announcements. I'm not sure if they still do it, but they used to page an Egroeg Sacul. George Lucas backwards.

What is the significance behind the license plate number "021-429" on the car depicted in the gangster shoot-out sequence of "The Great Movie Ride?” It is the date of the Valentines Day Massacre---Feb. 14, 1929.

4 days!!!!
The red, yellow, and white pipes above the load area at “Dinosaur” are for Ketchup, Mustard, and Mayonnaise, and the letters on each pipe are their chemical formulas. (DinoLand USA is sponsored by McDonalds…)

If you look at the signs for Animal Kingdom, there is a dragon among the animals on the bottom. This was supposed to represent "Beastly Kingdom," a land of the park with mythical creatures that was planned but never developed.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #262
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I forgot to add that I only have 2 days of work left! 8 hours tomorrow (technically today) and then 4 on Monday. Although I may leave an hour early Monday if they let me, because I want to get home and get to sleep.

Today (Friday) is Lou's last day of work! Then he's coming over for my sister's birthday (cake).

Anyone else getting pretty much daily emails from Disney? And they told me to bring my laptop with me on the trip, so I can check the email tips they send me. No thank you, Disney.... and I don't have a phone with email capabilities. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to go by my commando-style touring plans that we may or may not follow.

I still need to pack:
•Sweater/coat
•Toothbrush
•Contacts/glasses
•Contact lens solution
•Grooming stuff (brush, comb, etc)
•Extra memory cards
•Cell phone w/charger
•iPod and charger
•Safety pins
•Pennies for pressing
•Pins for trading
•Sharpies/Pens

Not bad! Mostly stuff that I need before then.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #263
BelleBway
Spreading Sparkly Purple Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Anyone else getting pretty much daily emails from Disney? And they told me to bring my laptop with me on the trip, so I can check the email tips they send me. No thank you, Disney.... and I don't have a phone with email capabilities. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to go by my commando-style touring plans that we may or may not follow.
I got them 2 days in a row, and then was sorta disappointed not to get one yesterday.

However I will have my laptop with me so I can try to post updates and such for family back home. (in addition to my tweets) Plus, need to clear my pix off my memory cards each day.
WDW: 1976, 1985, 1986: Offsite | 1990: Disney Inn/ Big Red Boat | 1992: CBR | 1995: Dixie Landings | 1996: Poly | 1997: Offsite | Apr 1998: BW | July 1998: ASMu | Dec 1998: BC/ Disney Magic | June 1999: ASMu/ Contemporary Tower | Dec 1999: WL/ Contemporary Tower | 2000: CBR/ POFQ/ CSR | 2003: Contemporary Tower | 2009: AKL with the nieces| 2011: Disney Dream/ GF with the nieces | 2013: Poly with the nieces

DLP: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000
TDR: 1993, 2002, 2005, 2012
HKDL: 2007, 2010, 2013
DL: a bunch of times I can't remember, 2000, 2010, 2011
Old 08-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #264
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

That would be the only reason I would bring my laptop - would be to clear pictures. But I'm hoping my memory cards will be enough.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:21 AM   #265
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

3 days!!!!!

Hey! Danica, I'm on here real quick checking things! I have to finish cleaning and doing laundry etc... I still have to pack me and DH all the kids are packed!!! I can't wait the weekend usually flys by so I should be in Disney in no time! lol! I'm debating on bringing DD's laptop not to do updates she wants to bring it! IDK we'll see!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #266
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

OK! I'm going to say this now because I'm not sure just how much I will be on here in the next 2 days! I have to make sure everything is done at home and I don't forget anything! I will be on just may be the weee hours of the morning!
HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL MEET UP AT SOME POINT! Don't forget to give me the time again for that American Idol thing on the 29th for Lou! I'm gonna try and make it!
Old 08-22-2009, 06:19 AM   #267
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

That would be very fun! If you can or can't, I'm sure we'll have stories for you!

I know we'll see each other at some point, but if we don't talk before then, have a safe flight down, and have fun until we get there! I can't believe we're almost there! I really need to get everything together now....

I have a funny story for all the ladies here... I was watching TV really late at night a while ago (or maybe it was early in the morning) - basically, nothing was on, and there was an infomercial for these things called "StrapPerfect" that you hook onto your bra straps to hide them on racerbacks and tank tops.... which I reallyyyyy needed for Disney, because I didn't want to:
a) have my bra straps showing in every picture
b) have to wear a second teeshirt (even if it is really light fabric, it's still a second layer) to hide them

Only thing is, they were 20$, not to mention shipping and handling. But then I was at CVS the other day with my friend, and I was like ! "There they are!" And they were only 10$ for 6 of them (they're hard plastic, but they come in different colors).

And normally I am not big on buying things from infomercials, but I figured it was worth the risk to see if they worked, and not faint from the heat. And sure enough, they work! I'm super excited (how lame is that? ) because I was worried they would be really uncomfortable, but I didn't even notice it. I might when I get really hot, but I don't think it will be that bad.

So that was my little purchase.

Oh yeah, did I mention we only have THREE DAYS LEFT!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2009, 06:24 AM   #268
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Oops, fact of the day. In a week, we will be getting ready for Lou to audition for American Idol Experience! Wow!

Oh!!!!!!! I have some awesome news - his friend (I can't give names) is going to be on the REAL American Idol next season!!!!!!!!!! So everybody better tune in... because I know I'm going to. Which is something I never thought I'd say...

And Lou might be on the show for a few seconds as well, because they did a "hometown" clip on Codzilla, and Lou was working with his friend that day. He kept trying to get in the shot .... so he might be on. Pretty neat, huh?

3 days!!!!!
In Fantasmic, the island stage is surrounded by a 1.9 million gallon moat--enough water to fill every bathtub in the more than 24,000 rooms on Walt Disney World Resort property--twice.

If you exit the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular theater from the far right-side stairway (as you face the stage), pay attention as you go onto the landings. Look for the hand of a CM rising above the railing holding the golden idol from the show's Mayan temple. The idea is to pat the head of the idol as you go past.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #269
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Great updates and the Fact of the day was pretty neat too! What is the time for the American Idol ?
Old 08-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #270
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
Great updates and the Fact of the day was pretty neat too! What is the time for the American Idol ?
Not sure yet... the finale show (if he makes that) is at 7. Other than that, there are shows on the hour, every hour (supposedly) from 11 or 12 to 6. As soon as he auditions at 9 am, I'll send out a text to everyone letting them know what's going on.

He's been practicing a lot lately.... and I bought a little bear full of honey to bring with us to the parks for his throat...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: