Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Kids are most interested in what park?
Magic Kingdom 1 25.00%
Epcot 2 50.00%
Hollywood Studios 0 0%
Animal Kingdom 1 25.00%
Typhoon Lagoon 0 0%
Blizzard Beach 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
davidb69
Patiently waiting to see Mickey again

Cool 10 days till we are there, 9 till the trip begins!!!

Well, this is what we are looking at now.

Tonight - nice relaxing night at home, kids are really excited to head back to Disney!!!!!!! It was the first time since we announced that were going that they have shown actually excitment for the trip! They kept asking, is this friday the day we goto disney??

Tomorrow(7/30) - Nothing disney oriented to really get done.

Friday(7/31) - Nope, still nothing to do

Saturday(8/1) - We meet at Mom-Mom’s house for haircuts/lunchtime…
Relax rest of the day, etc. Take kids to store to get new shoes.

Sunday(8/2) - Grocery shop (Acme) for the week (try to plan on finishing all refrigerated food by Friday)… Maybe mow the lawn. Mini laundry for clothes for the week.

Monday(8/3) - Bags for disney appear to be prepped for packing.

Tues.(8/4)
Family trip to Acme – pick out cereals, snacks, drinks, etc. – all food for the drive down and the week at Disney (snacks for car, “breakfast” foods for hotel, evening snacks, drink mixes and snacks to bring with us to the parks, etc.). GE

Big laundry night! – all regular whites & darks, etc.

Wed(8/5)

Go online and put a hold on our mail, stop by pet store and get crickets/worms for the Gecko,

Dave and Mel can pack their clothes, most of their suitcases, etc.,

Do kids’ laundry… Have kids start to pack their toys or animals?? Have them pick out movies and games for the car trip? Start to pack kids’ suitcases…

Thurs.(8/6)

Have kids wear PJs or old clothes, do small load of any extra laundry to be done…

Set light timers for the house, leave Dave a note about the cats, etc., Gather TV/electronics for the car and pack that/leave by front door, charge DS’s, PSP’s, CHARGE VIDEO CAMERA, etc., Pull out all pool toys, ladder, etc. and put all stuff on deck inside the garage… Start to pack groceries/ snacks for our trip, Have kids finish packing toys & stuffed animals. Pack kids clothes & suitcases. Pack separate bag of bathing suits, towel, suntan lotion, extra t-shirts for car trip, etc. Gather GPS for the car, any maps, Disney binder, etc., Disney tickets and paperwork, All suitcases should be packed and by the front door, ready to go, maybe add last minute stuff on Friday afternoon… (Mel – contact lens stuff, etc.),

Fri(8/7) - Work (Mel: all day), Dave – maybe leave early from work, Load up on podcasts for the drive for listening, take an afternoon nap, pick up the kids, etc. GET DARTH CAT INSIDE AND LOCK THE BEAST IN A ROOM UNTIL WE LEAVE!!!! J

When I get home, Dave - pack van with suitcases, etc., Mel – cook dinner, clean-up, etc., Kids can change into PJs or just sleep in the same clothes their wear on Friday and wear the same clothes on Saturday?? Shock the pool, put pool cover on, etc., Turn down thermostat for the week, Lock doors, pull up bathroom mats, change cat litter, set out extra water & food dishes for the cats. Pack cooler for car trip down – drinks, etc., and snacks for hotel…

Bring pillows, blankets, etc. for the van… Leave around 7-8pm for Disney!!! Drive all night and try to stay awake

Mel plans to drive from 7:30-midnightish(I try to sleep for a bit), I've got the midnightish till Disney trip.
Pretrip Aug 2013 All Star Sports

Me Dave -44 DS Matthew -12 DW Melody -38 DS Luke -10

Last edited by davidb69; 08-02-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #17
davidb69

Cool Rain is POURING DOWN IN DELAWARE

Well, we got sneakers for DH on saturday.

Tried to work on lawn this morning and turned into Lawnmower problem and the skies have opened up to a downpour of tstorms and hail. Hopefully we will run into a kid to mow our lawn. :-)

Laundry is being worked on now(hopefully power doesn't go out.)

Trip to acme for groceries for the week will be done today as well as getting the kids sneakers.

Here is our up to date gameplan for the week.

Sunday(8/2) - Grocery shop for the week (try to plan on finishing all refrigerated food by Friday)… Mini laundry for clothes for the week. Take kids to store to get new shoes.

Monday(8/3) - Bags for disney appear to be prepped for packing.

Tues.(8/4)
Check on pet food for all pets

Family trip to Acme – pick out cereals, snacks, drinks, etc. – all food for the drive down and the week at Disney (snacks for car, “breakfast” foods for hotel, evening snacks, drink mixes and snacks to bring with us to the parks, etc.).

Big laundry night! – all regular whites & darks, etc.

Wed(8/5)

Go online and put a hold on our mail

DH and DW can pack their clothes, most of their suitcases, etc.,

Do kids’ laundry… Have kids start to pack their toys or animals?? Have them pick out movies and games for the car trip? Start to pack kids’ suitcases…

Thurs.(8/6)

Have kids wear PJs or old clothes, do small load of any extra laundry to be done…

Set light timers for the house, leave DH a note about the cats, etc., Gather TV/electronics for the car and pack that/leave by front door, charge DS’s, PSP’s, CHARGE VIDEO CAMERA, etc., Pull out all pool toys, ladder, etc. and put all stuff on deck inside the garage… Start to pack groceries/ snacks for our trip, Have kids finish packing toys & stuffed animals. Pack kids clothes & suitcases. Pack separate bag of bathing suits, towel, suntan lotion, extra t-shirts for car trip, etc. Gather GPS for the car, any maps, Disney binder, etc., Disney tickets and paperwork, All suitcases should be packed and by the front door, ready to go, maybe add last minute stuff on Friday afternoon… (Mel – contact lens stuff, etc.),

Fri(8/7) - Work (DW: all day), DH – maybe leave early from work, Load up on podcasts for the drive for listening, take an afternoon nap, pick up the kids, etc. GET DARTH CAT INSIDE AND LOCK THE BEAST IN A ROOM UNTIL WE LEAVE!!!! J

When DW get home, DH - pack van with suitcases, etc., DW – cook dinner, clean-up, etc., DS can change into PJs or just sleep in the same clothes their wear on Friday and wear the same clothes on Saturday?? Shock the pool, put pool cover on, etc., Turn down thermostat for the week, Lock doors, pull up bathroom mats, change cat litter, set out extra water & food dishes for the cats. Pack cooler for car trip down – drinks, etc., and snacks for hotel…

Bring pillows, blankets, etc. for the van… Leave around 7-8pm for Disney!!! Drive all night and try to stay awake

DW plans to drive from 7:30-midnightish(I try to sleep for a bit), I've got the midnightish till Disney trip.

We are sooooo excited.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #18
davidb69

Cool It's monday!!!!

I have never been so excited for it to be monday. But hey, it's only 4 days till we leave to disney.

Got the one gift for the ride for the one DS, need another copy for the other DS, I will hopefully pick that up at lunch time.

Tonight we get the bags out. I was thinking of doing the online reservation but we are not going to do this because we could possible get a better room chatting with someone at the desk.

I also want to start to gather the game system/games/movies and other needs for the trip.

I think I can pack most of my shorts and stuff tonight, and pack the underwear and stuff wednesday night or thursday after laundry.

The lawn is a lost cause at this point. I am not sure what I can do with the mower acting up. I will try and look at it tonight, if I can't do anything, I would like to pay someone to at least get the rest of the front lawn cut.

So that is the update. Wife and kids are all set to go. This will feel like a very long week.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #19
KAMKIM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb69 View Post
I have never been so excited for it to be monday. But hey, it's only 4 days till we leave to disney.

Got the one gift for the ride for the one DS, need another copy for the other DS, I will hopefully pick that up at lunch time.

Tonight we get the bags out. I was thinking of doing the online reservation but we are not going to do this because we could possible get a better room chatting with someone at the desk.

I also want to start to gather the game system/games/movies and other needs for the trip.

I think I can pack most of my shorts and stuff tonight, and pack the underwear and stuff wednesday night or thursday after laundry.

The lawn is a lost cause at this point. I am not sure what I can do with the mower acting up. I will try and look at it tonight, if I can't do anything, I would like to pay someone to at least get the rest of the front lawn cut.

So that is the update. Wife and kids are all set to go. This will feel like a very long week.

I was so happy with this weekend was over - finally feels like the trip is right here, however it is only 11:47 and I have been clock watching for 4 hours....ugh the next 2 days are going to move sooooo slowly.....

Looks you guys are almost all ready too - I did all the big laundry over the weekend (bedding and such) and just now have to stay on top of what we wear the next 3 days ...I dont want to leave any dirty laundry in the house while we're gone...I'm weird like that

I see you have cats too - we are leaving our cat home while we are gone as well but do have someone coming to check on her every morning. I froze some bowls of water for her plus her regular water bowl will be full - and I plan on freshly changing her litter box Wednesday night. I hope she will be okay...knowing her she'll sleep the next week away anyways.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #20
davidb69

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMKIM View Post
I was so happy with this weekend was over - finally feels like the trip is right here, however it is only 11:47 and I have been clock watching for 4 hours....ugh the next 2 days are going to move sooooo slowly.....

Looks you guys are almost all ready too - I did all the big laundry over the weekend (bedding and such) and just now have to stay on top of what we wear the next 3 days ...I dont want to leave any dirty laundry in the house while we're gone...I'm weird like that

I see you have cats too - we are leaving our cat home while we are gone as well but do have someone coming to check on her every morning. I froze some bowls of water for her plus her regular water bowl will be full - and I plan on freshly changing her litter box Wednesday night. I hope she will be okay...knowing her she'll sleep the next week away anyways.
Yes, with a minor laundry mid week we should be good to go. We have someone come in spend some time with the cats and clean the litter boxes(yes we have 2 boxes for our 2 cats so that if one has to go, the other one doesn't have to wait. The one likes people , the other could care less Yea, we also don't want any dirty laundry to do when we get home either, except for vacation clothes. Have plenty of water and food, and the cats should be good to go but we have someone come just as a precaution. All our reservations have been confirmed this morning so we have the places that we reserved to eat are set. We just need to get going. It's monday and it feels like a 10 hour day at lunch time.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #21
davidb69

Cool 3 days till the big trip

Wow! Today is almost over and in 3 short(oh who am I kidding?, LONG) days we start our journey into Imagination.

Tonight we shop for snacks for the trip and while we are there we get any last minute store items. Wednesday and thursday is packing and laundry . Mail has been held, so that is all set.

Can we leave yet???????????????

Old 08-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #22
davidb69

Cool 2 days till we leave

Well, 3 work days still to go, but we are leaving on friday, so it's 2 days for us to leave. I have the kids Tonight, DW is doing adult laundry and DH will clean house . The idea is for DH and DW to have the bags 99% packed tonight . DS's laundry will be done tomorrow night and other leftover laundry from us will be thrown in and then we will pack those bags and wrap ours up . Movies and video games will be packed up on thursday night. The pool will be worked on tomorrow night and set and covered for the week. So the plan is on schedule for us to get going friday night after dinner. So to wrap up.

Tonight -
Dinner(ham and mac n cheese)
DH and DW laundry
Pack
Clean
Tomorrow
Dinner(Veal)
DS's laundry
Pack
Goto bed early
Friday -
Dinner(Pork roll)
Clean up and go!

Old 08-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #23
davidb69

Cool How hard is this on the kids when we are soooo excited

Well, the whole family is ready to go. Our kids are asking us if we can leave yesterday. Waiting is the hardest part.

Tonight is tough, DS's laundry and the rest of the packing.

Every looks good.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #24
davidb69

Cool t-minus 7 hours

Well, in 7 hours we will be driving to Disneyworld. Nothing more to do except for finishing up this work day and then gas up the minivan, pick up the kids, eat dinner, pack up the van and begin our journey. So this will be my last pretrip message, I will post a post trip report on our return with hopefully a lot a joyful pictures.

Thanks to all who have read, hope it was enjoyable.

:

Old 08-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #25
davidb69

Cool trip done

Follow link below in signature for post trip report.

Tags
disney, philadelphia, plans, ptr, travel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: