Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #3556
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Drive by Hi!

Sarah
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
Big hugs to everyone!
Big hugs back to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
I was away from the boards for a couple days again, and it seems like there is even more going on in all of your lives.

Super hugs and prayers to everyone who needs a little extra support these days--which from the sound of things is all of you

I just had a quick question: Who else is going to be at DLR over Labor Day weekend? At one point I thought that quite a few peeps were going to be there, but now I'm not so sure!
Well I don't get to go in Sept, but I'm going in October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Dang, I won't be there over Labor Day, or the September mini meet, or the Halloween meet. Poor me...... lol

Oh well, I'll have to be happy with reading about it and seeing the fun photos!!
Now wait just a dog gone minute!!! What do you mean, you are not going to the Halloween meet?? Huh huh?

Hi to Vicki, Capri and Jane.

Tina, congrats on your first wedding. Were you a nervous wreck? What did you make?
Old 08-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #3557
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
I just had a quick question: Who else is going to be at DLR over Labor Day weekend? At one point I thought that quite a few peeps were going to be there, but now I'm not so sure!
I might be around that weekend. James just informed me we have a wedding to go to that Saturday, but I think the rest of our weekend if open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I'm still at home. I leave for school in 16 days! I still can't believe it's happening. It's kind of like when you're little and you feel like you will never grow up and when you do, it's kind of surreal.

I miss all of you
Hey girlie. Once you get to school and are settled, let me know. We can make some plans to meet up since you will be real close.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #3558
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Hi Courtney! I wish I had some suggestions but I am the worst at thinking of creative gifts. Does he like concerts or anything like that? For our 2nd Anniversary in July Bob bought two cheapy red and white checkered bowls and wrote on tape 'Hollywood' it took me a minute but I got it...he had gotten us tickets to several concerts at the Hollywood Bowl. I'm so boring when it comes to gift ideas. I did give him tickets to see Love in Las Vegas but I didn't do anything creative.
Hi Vicki!! How's your Mom?

What a sweet idea Bob had! That's really cute. I'm creative, but not with gifts I guess? I'm good at shopping though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Thanks so much Courtney! I have REALLy been trying to do everything I can these last two days to try and get it under control so that I have a routine for the next week. As soon as I get up and "go" I try to take a bath or shower which helps and then I take pain pills and the medicine the doc prescribed and yesterday I did this yoga tape which helped with the back pain and I did that again today so I am hoping that between ALL those things I might be able to manage. Today it is hurting a little bit worse than yesterday but we shall see. I am about to go out with the girls to do some last minute shopping so I will see how it goes. I know sitting for long periods doesn't help but hopefully if I do ALL those things it will take the edge off enough that I can manage (crossing my fingers!!) Congrats on the anniversary. Gosh I have no idea about a gift. I have a really hard time with Shane too. I usually get him a gift card to his favorite store and let HIM pick out what he wants cuz it is SO hard with guys to me. Good luck and CONGRATS!
Thank you, Kelly! I think I'll get him a giftcard or taking him shopping or something.

My Dad's back was hurting when we took our trip to Europe, he really was miserable. I felt so bad because he was being a good sport and not complaining because he didn't want to ruin it for us (which he wouldn't have anyways). Just lots of pixie dust for you!!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #3559
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Now wait just a dog gone minute!!! What do you mean, you are not going to the Halloween meet?? Huh huh?
(sigh) Read my post on the Halloween thread.

I'll miss seeing you and everyone! Hey, I don't suppose you want to join the group coming here to Vegas in November?
Old 08-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #3560
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Beth oh NO! This whole thing in October was for your birthday! I am so bummed. I haven't gone to the October thread yet to see what is up (I will go there next) but I am really bummed we won't see you!!! Well you BETTER come in Feb! NO backing out of that!

Anyway I am going to go read the Halloween thread and then I am signing off till after we get back! I hope everyone has a GREAT time while I am gone and ((hugs)) and prayers to everyone who may have anything going on while I am away! Shane is off with the girls at the first day of soccer but I stayed home to get the last minute stuff done. We leave at 3 a.m. ACK so this is most likely the last time I will be on till I get back. We are "supposed" to be back next Thurs eve so I will either be on then or Fri.

Take care all and I will miss you!

Bye!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip 11/14
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #3561
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Have a great trip Kel!
jordansmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #3562
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Kelly - have a wonderful trip and I hope you feel better. I hope your girls love all the history and beautiful places.

What is this news about our Bethlet not coming to her own birthday bash? OH NO!

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #3563
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Kelly, I probably missed you already, but I hope you have a safe and fun trip!! And I will definitely am planning on being there the whole time in February, so we'll catch up then.

Last edited by mommaU4; 08-04-2009 at 11:36 PM.
mommaU4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #3564
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

I added more to my Divas Las Vegas trip report if anyone is interested.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site

Last edited by Stacerita; 08-04-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #3565
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post

Hey girlie. Once you get to school and are settled, let me know. We can make some plans to meet up since you will be real close.
ditto Cristabel! I'm so excited for you--going away to college--such an exciting time!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #3566
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hi!

Big hugs back to you!

Well I don't get to go in Sept, but I'm going in October!

Hi to Vicki, Capri and Jane.

Tina, congrats on your first wedding. Were you a nervous wreck? What did you make?
Hey Mel! The wedding went great, thanks for asking!!! It was a backyard wedding for 40 people, and they just wanted appetizers, so we did a really nice fruit display, meatballs, mini stuffed potatoes, bbq pulled chicken sliders, etc. I posted some pictures on my business FB page, so you can see them there.

Beth--I didn't realize you're passing on the October trip. I'm sorry to hear that.

Safe travels to Kelly and her family!

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:47 AM   #3567
grizbuzz
DIS Veteran

Smile

Is that a slight burning feeling I have in these ears of mine?

Jane and Stacie and others: YES, I WILL be at DL for Labor Day and I am going to do my darndest to complete that 1/2 marathon! Unfortunately, it looks like I will be going solo, but I shall not be discouraged. I'm just the first to go to carve the path for the rest of you who will carry on with the DL races next year!

So are we going to be able to rally a group for a get together Labor Day?? Come on ladies! Don't worry, I won't bug you to sign up for any race. They are all full now, so it isn't a possibility anyway, even if you really really were planning on it. Me and the family will be coming to DL Friday night and leaving Monday, staying at the GCH.

BTW, I have reservations at the HoJo that I am not going to need. Not sure if they are transferable or if anybody wants them, but wanted to put that out there just in case.

Does anyone want these?? Can I transfer them?
Staying from: September 4th – September 8th | 4 nights | 1 Room
ROOM RATE (with entertainment card full discount): $79.00 per night + tax;
ROOM TYPE: NQQ1- non-smoking/2 queen beds/Premium Disneyland view
Special Request: Upper floor-7th

Lots going on with my life now. Everything is up in the air now, so no news yet, but the gist of it is that my family is trying to move to Switzerland for a couple of years. My DH got a job a month or so back and we're working furiously to put the rest of the pieces together to make this a reality. I haven't gotten approval yet to transfer my job to Switzerland (pixie dust appreciated ), but if that works out, we'll go, provided the visas all go through. It's been a long process and I've been waiting to know something more certain before talking about it as I don't want to jinx it or get people excited about it before it's a certainty. Keeping this close to the chest has been absolutely impossible with my family just telling everyone like it's a done deal. Anyway, we're in alternating states of excitement and then utter confusion here.

Sorry I've been a stranger on the boards. It's just hard to keep up! I do try to read and have been trying to post on the WISH boards, though haven't been so good lately. Thinking of you all and sending much pixie dust and good wishes to all.

Bigs hugs to everyone!
-Jen

Me DH DS (9) DS (7)
grizbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:59 AM   #3568
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Heather

Jen

Safe travels Kelly.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
21yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #3569
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Good Morning all!

I'm doing much better today. Things are good, and I don't think I'll need the D&C. I'm grateful for that.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

ETA: I just posted some questions about the meals for the Oct trip. If you are still going, check them out please.

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS6-Nathan , DS5-Nolan , DD2-Natalie

Last edited by LittleBlackRaincloud; 08-05-2009 at 09:48 AM.
LittleBlackRaincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #3570
KerTggr
DIS Veteran

Deluxe Passes

Hi all. Haven't had a chance to catch up with everyone's posts on this thread, but wanted to share some info. (Will be posting on the Oct meet thread too.)

As many of you probably heard/seen, Disneyland raised their ticket prices this week. The Deluxe Annual Pass is now $289 each.

If anyone will be going to Disneyland before 10/31/09 and are interested in the Deluxe pass, these are still available at SoCal Costcos for $269. With the Costco ones you also get a $50 Disney gift card so it's really more like $219.

I don't know if there is a list somewhere of the costco's offering this, but I think the fullerton one is one that has it. My DH & I bought ours & our friend's family ones this week at our local Costco. 6 passes definately adds up, but saved us $120 all together.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: